Welp, I've just ruined everything...(48 hours, darn it)

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I forgot Florida's a 48 hour node.

Darn it, I thought I'd learned! But no, I've just spent an hour grinding the nodes down on everything except the three hardest ones. Now I'm just boned =(

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    maybe not i did that before and maybe lost 20 to 30 rank tops.... They set the CP way too high in this event
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    The dreadful 48 hr sub. You aren't the only one to accidentally do this. I forget what event is was, but the last time I grinded a 48 at the weong time I just kept looking at the ranking and couldn't believe I made it to the #1 spot so easy. Doh!!!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    You're in my bracket dragon! Don't worry, I think you'll be fine...there's only a few names in t10 that I recognize, if you keep at it you should be pull off t20 easily, maybe even t10 depending on how into the duck the rest of them are. We're not gonna beat Shamasli or SolidQ, but the rest of the top players in our bracket don't stand out to me name-wise, I think we can beat em icon_e_wink.gif
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    tanis3303 wrote:
    We're not gonna beat Shamasli or SolidQ, but the rest of the top players in our bracket don't stand out to me name-wise, I think we can beat em icon_e_wink.gif
    I'm not going hard grind for this Limited shity Duck icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    tanis3303 wrote:
    You're in my bracket dragon! Don't worry, I think you'll be fine...there's only a few names in t10 that I recognize, if you keep at it you should be pull off t20 easily, maybe even t10 depending on how into the duck the rest of them are. We're not gonna beat Shamasli or SolidQ, but the rest of the top players in our bracket don't stand out to me name-wise, I think we can beat em icon_e_wink.gif

For a 4* event I tend to aim for top 100, top 50 being a bonus.
    I really don't see myself getting to top 20. Especially since the last 6 hours of the event will be spent at work for me. Still, gonna do what I can =P

But yeah, I was thinking "Hey, I did this clear and I'm 8th overall! Awesome, maybe I'll rank well! Wait...there's one sub event left. That means it'll finish Sunday? That can't be ri-....AWWWWWWW MAAAAAAAN. I DID IT AGAIN"

It's annoying since I did this 3 times in a row once and then finally learned to freakin check before going bonkers on a sub event on a Saturday.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Actually, what would you guys suggest I do? Wait until they're available for full points again and grind them down tomorrow night, or stick to the schedule, even though they'll be worth a lot less?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man been there done that. Too many times. Wait to maximize your points. Did you take all the nodes down or do you leave some short of 1? If any recharge fully, hit them then. If not do the normal grind at the end.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    TxMoose wrote:
    Man been there done that. Too many times. Wait to maximize your points. Did you take all the nodes down or do you leave some short of 1? If any recharge fully, hit them then. If not do the normal grind at the end.

I did my usual, I got the last rewards for the required and 2 of the trivial nodes. So I'm left with three of the hard nodes and one trivial that'll reset.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:

I did my usual, I got the last rewards for the required and 2 of the trivial nodes. So I'm left with three of the hard nodes and one trivial that'll reset.
    Hit the nodes that refresh and hold on the ones you have grinder down already. If you want to hit them once with about 8 hrs left it will just be an exrtra clear for you. On a positive note you will note need to start you final grind 2hrs before the end of the sub just 1 hour and 15 min should do. It will also save some health packs.

I feel for you I have done the same good luck.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    You have my sympathies, Dragon_Nexus. I just pulled the same stunt in my slice.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Actually, what would you guys suggest I do? Wait until they're available for full points again and grind them down tomorrow night, or stick to the schedule, even though they'll be worth a lot less?

I'd probably let the higher point ones recharge as much as possible before starting to grind them. The trivial ones won't impact you as much as they're worth less points overall, and the essentials give out enough points that as long as you clear them all the way out, you should be fine there...ultimately, if you're only shooting for 1 cover, you'd pretty much have to stop playing to not hit it...just keep trucking away and you'll be fine for t100/50, and I wouldn't give up on t20 either...it doesn't seem like people are chasing the duck as hard as I was expecting...burnout must be finally setting in
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Worst 48 subs for any event bar none.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    tanis3303 wrote:
    ultimately, if you're only shooting for 1 cover, you'd pretty much have to stop playing to not hit it.

So you say, but starting a late grind with an hour and a half to go, I was below top 100 for the event tonight.

Ugh. Wish I didn't have work tomorrow, I'd be able to grind better. I've done this before and ended up missing out due to work. Still...IM40 and Thoress is serving me pretty well...if the board bothers to put any yellow up.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I've done this once before and I recovered enough. Sure, you might not make top 20 but if you were still playing optimally outside of this snafu, you should easily land in the Top 100, maybe 50. Sure, either way it's only one Howard cover but it's better than none.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't made that mistake yet, but I really hate the 48 hr weekend sub. The weekend is the time I have to actually play the game on schedule. I have the capability to do a Saturday night grind/refresh. When (if) I do that during the week I have to lose sleep for it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    ...but I really hate the 48 hr weekend sub. The weekend is the time I have to actually play the game on schedule. I have the capability to do a Saturday night grind/refresh. When (if) I do that during the week I have to lose sleep for it.
    I like some aspects of it. like anything there's good and bad. I like it because Saturday night is typically the night I push in pvp, so not stacking a pve grind into it sure is nice. downside is come sunday night there's no rewards left in the nodes and scaling is way up high at the beginning of the grind. so to place decent, you have to boost to conserve health packs but you're getting no iso out of the nodes. so pve went from an iso source to a drain. so, to me, the big thing that makes it remotely worth it is if you can manage a t10 - 250hp and 3 cp is nice, plus the finish iso.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I missed one clear in the first sub and got punted into #110 in the last half hour of Savage Land. Hitting progression doesn't guarantee you Top 100, especially not in this event with a *cough*overblown*cough* limited new character release.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    I haven't made that mistake yet, but I really hate the 48 hr weekend sub. The weekend is the time I have to actually play the game on schedule. I have the capability to do a Saturday night grind/refresh. When (if) I do that during the week I have to lose sleep for it.

I thought the 48 hr weekend sub was great timing. I was able to go out Saturday night and not have to worry about getting home for a 2-hour grindfest. I did my one clear on time before bed and that was it.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    105th.
    One hundred and tinykitty fifth.

606 points short.

And to think, before I went to work I ground down everything as much as I could and was 23rd with 6 hours to go. Oh well...I'll get one cover for him at least. and then...no more ever again.