Forum thread

Comments

• LordXberkLordXberk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Keeping this one going for now, although I am starting to get antsy, plus Peggy is in the tokens now.

Now up to 69 LTs and 2711 CPs. Plus, have an ISO hoard of 872k. I think I might have a problem.

My current plan is to push to 3000 CP and 1m ISO and then bust ~100 classics, but even thinking about it now causes me to pause. My only 2 meaningfully covered 5*s are a max-covered OML at Level 410 (4/5/4) and a 10-cover PHX at 260 (3/2/5). When I open 100 classics, I'm assuming I'll pull at least 3 OML and idk if I'm ready to push into the 450 land, so will I need to sell OMLs? That seems silly, but I am still getting most PVP matches that are somewhat interesting w/ 1 5* and a champed 4*. If OML goes to 450+, I'm assuming I'll get waaaaay more 2 5* PVPs.
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if they'll actually tell us ahead of time what happens with 5tony and 5steve before BB hits, I plan on pulling my LTs before tony moves out. up to 33 and adding several a week. 8 more from 3* champs in my sights (along with ddq days and vip) and then I'm done with my 3s. cp at 1179 and will be hoarding for a while longer on those.
  • SnowcaTTSnowcaTT Posts: 3,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    if they'll actually tell us ahead of time what happens with 5tony and 5steve before BB hits, I plan on pulling my LTs before tony moves out. up to 33 and adding several a week. 8 more from 3* champs in my sights (along with ddq days and vip) and then I'm done with my 3s. cp at 1179 and will be hoarding for a while longer on those.

I hope they tell us. I waited until this morning (Peggy added) to pull my thirteen latest, trying to get Tony (failed, got Cap and Hulk instead). I may wait with CP until Tony is in classics - but I'd like to know if Tony/Steve will lower OML rates even further or if they'll boost all 5*'s again when two more are added, and which is going into classics first would also be nice to know....
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

I hope they tell us. I waited until this morning (Peggy added) to pull my thirteen latest, trying to get Tony (failed, got Cap and Hulk instead). I may wait with CP until Tony is in classics - but I'd like to know if Tony/Steve will lower OML rates even further or if they'll boost all 5*'s again when two more are added, and which is going into classics first would also be nice to know....

Glad to see Snowcatt dropping in here since your posts are one of the sources of my constant worrying about bumping up my max-covered OML at 410 and one of my inspirations for my hoard!

Very curious about the 5Tony and 5teve decision, although I'm unsure they'll provide us a heads up. For me, I'd prefer 5teve move into classics (and I'll open my hoard of CPs as classics before that happens) and 5Tony stays in the newer LTs (and I'll open that hoard to target BB, 5Tony and only have Somewhat Awesome 5Hulk to avoid).

Of course, I might re-read Snowcatt's post and just keep hoarding.
  • BlackSheep101BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    5tony? It's 5tark, people! Get with the program!

icon_e_smile.gif
  • PriceCzechPriceCzech Age Unconfirmed Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Just for my own record keeping, here's my latest pull (65 Latest Legends Tokens):
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_captainamerica.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_hulk.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_ironman.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    icon_carnage.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png
    icon_drax.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_falcon.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.png
    icon_hulkcho.pngblueflag.png
    icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_ironman.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngredflag.png
    icon_katebishop.pngblueflag.png
    icon_kingpin.pngblackflag.png
    icon_miles.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_moonknight.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_nova.pngredflag.png
    icon_peggycarter.pngblueflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_punisher.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.png
    icon_quake.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.png
    icon_redhulk.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png
    icon_spidergwen.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_thing.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_thor.pngredflag.png
    icon_x23.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png
    icon_wintersoldier.pngblueflag.png
    icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png

Overall, I'm pleased with the pulls. Expectation would have been 9.75 pulls, and I got 10.
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Overall, I'm pleased with the pulls. Expectation would have been 9.75 pulls, and I got 10.
    purposefully pulled only latest with cp? interesting. (that's what it looks like)
  • PriceCzechPriceCzech Age Unconfirmed Posts: 63 Match Maker
    TxMoose wrote:
    PriceCzech wrote:
    purposefully pulled only latest with cp? interesting. (that's what it looks like)
    No, just my stockpiled Latest Legendary Tokens. I'm still holding on to my (currently) 967cp to buy some Classic Legendary Tokens.

Still need multiple millions in ISO to Champion my already cover-maxed 4*s.
    edited August 2016
    wow, 65 actual tokens is a ton. I'm at 35 and thought I was doing well lol.
    edit: and to update cp = 1218
    PriceCzech wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    PriceCzech wrote:
    No, just my stockpiled Latest Legendary Tokens. I'm still holding on to my (currently) 967cp to buy some Classic Legendary Tokens.

Still need multiple millions in ISO to Champion my already cover-maxed 4*s.

Thanks for sharing your pulls - always enjoy reading these (since I haven't been opening my own LTs / CPs in quite a while).

I wonder what it would take for me to spend my CPs on Latest LTs? If Black Bolt damage #s and motivation ability looks good, I'll consider opening my LTs then (especially if IM46 remains in the Latest and Cap is shifted into Classics); however, how good does BB have to be in order to justify spending CP on Latest at 25 v. Classic at 20? Will be an interesting question and I hope we get details on the plans for Latest v. Classic before they changes go live.

And, figured I'd update my hoard: 72 LT and 2877 CP. 215 pulls = expected 32 5*s (or 28 if I go all Latest).
  • The Bob TheThe Bob The Age Unconfirmed Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Up to 44 now, and nigh-1000 CP. Starting to feel warm and dragonish...
    So....decided that w/ the current move of 5Steve into Classics, I'd bust my LT hoard (75). Figured that IM46 and BB were pretty good and I had the Hulk whammy to avoid. I didn't keep specific results on all of my pulls, but a summary follows:

Pulled 12 5*s out of 75 - this is 16%, which is very close to expected. Had some good and bad mini-runs, but this supports that the pull rate is actually 15% over numerous pulls.
    Pulled 4 Black Bolt covers (3 black, 1 yellow) - again, pull rate close to advertised. Wish I had a green, but I'll take it.
    Pulled 2 IM46 (blue and red) - both needed, he's now 1/2/1, so still unuseable.
    Pulled 6 Hulk covers (3 blue, 2 purple, 1 green) - big money, big money, no whammy, STOP - whomp, whomp! Not what I was looking for here, but I knew it was a risk w/ RNG.
    Pulled several useful covers with 5 needed Pun covers the as highlight (now 11 covers), 2 MK, 3 Kates, 2 War Machines, 2 Bucky, and ~30 covers applied to champs (Nova stood out at 5 covers, but 4 Iceboys, 3 JGs).
    Pulled ~20 covers that are not champs and lower tier with 4 Starlords being the lowlight, 4 Miles (ok, max covered, worth the 250k ISO to level?), 4 Flaptain (same as Miles), 4 KP (same), but only 1 Baglady and 1 Cho!

Overall, I guess I'm slightly disappointed. I knew I'd end up w/ some trash Hulk 5*s, but wish I had pulled 6 BB or IM46 and 2 Hulk. Hell, I might trade the Hulk covers for some Peggy covers (zero!). On the positive side, my overall % was a bit better than expected and I know this is a long play. My bigger disappointment and one that we've all discussed is that even with a pretty big hoard that took me 6-7mos to build, I didn't really move ANY character into a usable state (boosted Pun an exception this week).

My current question is what to do with my ~3200 CP? Do I chase Latests bcs I could potentially move BB or IM into usable territory? Do I even want to if it screws up my scaling and MMR (my max-covered 410 OML still allows for some matches in PVP with only 1 5*)? Do I switch to Classics knowing that 50% of the 5*s aren't really helpful at this point (SS, 5teve, and OML bcs I don't want to risk champing him to mess up scaling / MMR), but knowing that I do want to finish my 10-cover PHX and I wouldn't mind adding GG or BSSM (although unlikely they'd be usable even w/ 160 pulls - avg would be 4 covers each). Classics would allow me to accumulate more 4*s, as well. Or, do I keep hoarding in the hopes that the RNG aspect of 5*s is fixed and that having a massive stash will definitely help when that time comes?
  • MeanderMeander Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    LordXberk wrote:
    My current question is what to do with my ~3200 CP? Do I chase Latests bcs I could potentially move BB or IM into usable territory? Do I even want to if it screws up my scaling and MMR (my max-covered 410 OML still allows for some matches in PVP with only 1 5*)? Do I switch to Classics knowing that 50% of the 5*s aren't really helpful at this point (SS, 5teve, and OML bcs I don't want to risk champing him to mess up scaling / MMR), but knowing that I do want to finish my 10-cover PHX and I wouldn't mind adding GG or BSSM (although unlikely they'd be usable even w/ 160 pulls - avg would be 4 covers each). Classics would allow me to accumulate more 4*s, as well. Or, do I keep hoarding in the hopes that the RNG aspect of 5*s is fixed and that having a massive stash will definitely help when that time comes?

I'd be tempted to go the 160 pulls vs 128. With normal distribution on the extra 32, that would give you 4.8 additional 5* pulls. That doesn't count the additional covers, champ levels, etc from 4*. Even if they all fail, its an extra 3200 iso (Which sucks, but it's better than not having it)
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk wrote:
    So....decided that w/ the current move of 5Steve into Classics, I'd bust my LT hoard (75). Figured that IM46 and BB were pretty good and I had the Hulk whammy to avoid. I didn't keep specific results on all of my pulls, but a summary follows:

Pulled 12 5*s out of 75 - this is 16%, which is very close to expected. Had some good and bad mini-runs, but this supports that the pull rate is actually 15% over numerous pulls.

Overall, I guess I'm slightly disappointed.

Don't be, you got 16% on your pulls, and you didnt need to sell any cover. Hulk is maybe not the best one, but it is probably still better than SS and Cap.

Today I reviewed my pulls with lastest LTs and I am SUPER ANNOYED just 4 out of 55 since it went to 15%, this is a miserable 7%, it doesnt even reach the 10% !!!!
    Polares wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:

Don't be, you got 16% on your pulls, and you didnt need to sell any cover. Hulk is maybe not the best one, but it is probably still better than SS and Cap.

Today I reviewed my pulls with lastest LTs and I am SUPER ANNOYED just 4 out of 55 since it went to 15%, this is a miserable 7%, it doesnt even reach the 10% !!!!

Yeah, I realize I'm playing the world's smallest violin in complaining about 16%. Toss me a couple Peggys or extra MKs instead of SL and I'd call it a day. Sorry about your bum luck - not much I can say except that it sucks and hopefully you'll go on a good run soon. I did have a couple 3 out of 10 streaks in there that helped even out some 1 out of 20 streaks. Again, highlights the flaws in the RNG progression at 5* level.
    Meander wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:

I'd be tempted to go the 160 pulls vs 128. With normal distribution on the extra 32, that would give you 4.8 additional 5* pulls. That doesn't count the additional covers, champ levels, etc from 4*. Even if they all fail, its an extra 3200 iso (Which sucks, but it's better than not having it)

I'm leaning towards the Classics, but will probably wait for a little while just in case they decide to change the distribution mechanics. I figure I have until the release of the next 5* before I risk the pools being even more diluted...although, in my case, putting IM46 in the Classics probably helps my overall odds of pulling a useful 5* even if it dilutes my chances of pulling specific covers of PHX, GG, and BSSM. And, maybe the next 5* is even better?
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:

Yeah, I realize I'm playing the world's smallest violin in complaining about 16%. Toss me a couple Peggys or extra MKs instead of SL and I'd call it a day. Sorry about your bum luck - not much I can say except that it sucks and hopefully you'll go on a good run soon. I did have a couple 3 out of 10 streaks in there that helped even out some 1 out of 20 streaks. Again, highlights the flaws in the RNG progression at 5* level.

At least my luck with classic was not that bad until recently, now both latest and classic is a disaster, but latest is much worse than I thought :S :S :S

After I pulled my 13th usable cover for OML my luck pulling 5s in LTs has gone to hell. It looks like it is the game saying "ok I was good enough with you so you could max the two most used 5s, now you don't deserve any more 5" icon_razz.gif
  • MalorickMalorick Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Malorick wrote:
    As you have read in our LL adventures viewtopic.php?style=1&f=16&t=19023&start=740#p538890, i have finally opened my Dragon Legendary Hoard of 150 LT but still keeping my 5k+ cp. Here the result of the 150 classic Legendary tokens

Results:

20 of 150 pulls were 5*, that's 13,33

Now I have these 5* at
    GG 422
    Cap 352
    IM 512

Sorry for the delay but I was and still really busy right now, here a update on my Dragon Legendary Hoard.

So after 5 months I have finally opened my LT/cp briefcase of 141 LT and 10k cp.

Here a quick result of my Dragon Legendary Hoard on the latest token.

I opened this on 3 waves ( 3 days)

first wave was 141 LT with 14 5* for 9,9%

second wave was 154 LT with 21 5* for 13,6%

third wave was 72 (37 Latest + 35 classic) with 4 5* ( 2 latest and 2 classic) for 5,5%

Observation and Conclusion

Still way below the 15% for 367 LT and got only 39 5* for 10,6% so not great here i have missed like 16 5* to have a rate of 15%. But I have 2 fully cover 5* after cs swapped my 6th cover for bb and ds.

Now I have
    ds 4-4-5
    bb 3-5-5
    bw 5-2-4

Also I have gained +4 lvl just by opening my LT. Now my Shield level is 88. Also i was able to champion my last 4 4* and now i have all 43 4* champion so no more wasted covers for me all in my champion.

After that poor rate of 5% on my third day, I decided to try it on the classic to see if it will be better but no. So when I saw that poor terrible rate of 5℅ again I decided to stop and to return to my Dragon hoarding.

I spent 5.125k cp and still have 5.63k cp so I am back to my Dragon Legendary Hoarding now until I accumulate iso to work on my 5*. When will be the next time I will cash in my LT-Cp briefcase?

5* bw purplex5
    5* bw blackx4
    5* bw redx2
    5* ds yellowx6
    5* ds purplex4
    5* ds bluex3
    5* bb yellowx6
    5* bb greenx2
    5* bb blackx5
    5* bssm green
    5* oml yellow

Agent venom blackx3
    Agent venom redx5
    Agent venom yellowx3
    Antman bluex2
    Antman purple
    Blade greenx3
    Blade redx3
    Blade black
    Cage blackx5
    Cage yellow
    Carnage greenx5
    Carnage red
    Cho blackx3
    Cho bluex4
    Cho greenx3
    Cyk bluex4
    Cyke yellowx3
    Drax redx7
    Drax purplex2
    Drax blackx2
    Elektra redx2
    Elektra purple
    Elektra black
    Falcap redx4
    Falcap blue
    Falcap yellowx2
    Gp purplex2
    Gp black
    Gp greenx2
    Gr blackx4
    Gr redx3
    Gr greenx3
    Iceman greenx2
    Iceman bluex5
    Iceman purplex3
    Iw greenx5
    Iw yellow x5
    Iw blue
    Imhb bluex2
    Imhb blackx2
    Imhb res
    Jg bluex2
    Jg purplex5
    Jg greenx4
    Kate purplex4
    Kate black
    Kate bluex4
    Kp purple
    Kp black
    Kp yellow
    Medusa yelllowx2
    Medusa redx2
    Medus purple
    Miles red x6
    Miles purplex5
    Miles yellowx6
    Mk purple
    Mk blackx2
    Mk green
    Mk green
    Mrf bluex2
    Mrf yellowx2
    Mrf blackx5
    Nf purple
    Nf blue
    Nova red
    Nova blackx3
    Peggy redx4
    Peggy yellowx3
    Pun green
    Pun blackx2
    Pun bluex5
    Px bluex4
    Px purplex2
    Px yellow
    Quake greenx2
    Quake bluex2
    Quake yellowx4
    Rhulk purplex4
    Rhulk red
    Sg purplex2
    Sg red
    Sl redx3
    Sl yellowx3
    Sw purplex2
    Sw red
    Sw blackx2
    Thing yellowx5
    Thing redx2
    Thing green
    Thor bluex2
    Thor redx2
    Thor yellowx6
    Venom yellowx2
    Venom greenx3
    Venom black
    Wm green
    Wm blue
    Wm redx2
    Wasp blue x2
    Wasp black x3
    Wasp yellow
    Ws bluex3
    Ws pruplex2
    Ws redx6
    Xdp redx3
    Xdp black
    Xdp purple
    Xwolv greenx2
    Xwolv yellowx2
    Xwolv blackx2
    X23 purplex2
    X23 redx2
  • bbiglerbbigler Posts: 1,400 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I "catch up" with the ISO costs of my 4*s, then I'll start opening Classics again, but after 6 weeks of doing this, I'm still not there. I continue to get 4* covers from events, vaults and champ rewards that I haven't needed to pull a Classic, which is fine since my long term goal is 300+ Latest pulls.
  • skymanskyman Age Unconfirmed Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I currently am in the middle of the 4 -> 5* transition. I have 106 LL tokens saved, and another 5084 CP saved. Good enough for 309 pulls.

If you have read the stats to max all three Latest Legendaries, I need 315 for a 50% shot with swaps. Since the rumors are out that swaps are going to go away soon, I may hold off for the 375 needed, or may just drop the game entirely.