Forum thread

Comments

• VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 5,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Only 3 bagladies, 3 Cho's, and ONE Mr. Fer?????

Not a single Fury and only 2 XFWs?????
    I was pleasantly surprised about that as well. Although I have Fury championed, so I could have used those. Oh, and no Star-Lords! (But I do need 1 more yellow to max cover him).

7 drax's though. But at least he's new and the covers are likely to be useful; could be worse. Overalls That's a solid haul.
  • OJSPOJSP Posts: 823 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    2/6/2016
    I have to admit: I haven't been much of a hoarder, but I have always entertained the idea and have been following this thread with great interest. I suppose it's because what I've been doing so far seems to work. The most CP I've even accumulated before opening some tokens was 240ish. So far, opening them regularly every 1-2 weeks seemed to give me a steady flow of covers.

The reason why I was opening the tokens was to improve my chances of beating the Crash of the Titans and continue the flow of LTs. At the moment, I consider getting the 5*s as a bonus, not the main aim. All unneeded covers became iso for my other characters. So, I've been quite happy with my progress.

However, now that the CotT cycle and the PvP reward cycle have restarted, I've decided to join the hoarders. I think unless I'm desperately in need of covers to beat a CotT node for the last 4-5 characters, I'm contemplating to continue hoarding.
    29/7/2016
    I have calculated my rate of acquisition for the LTs and CPs and found out that it's sustainable to open a bunch at the beginning of seasons to plan the iso distribution better. So, I decided to open 40 tokens per season, for example: 5 Latests and 35 Classics. My name is OJSP, I'm a hoarder (with a plan).

2/6/2016 : 4 LTs and 200 CPs
    29/7/2016 : 24 LTs and 1626 CPs
    29/7/2016 : 19 LTs and 926 CPs (5 and 35 opened)
    26/8/2016 : 36 LTs and 1652 CPs
    26/8/2016 : 25 LTs and 1072 CPs (11 and 29 opened)
    23/9/2016 : 40 LTs and 1813 CPs
    23/9/2016 : 25 LTs and 1313 CPs (15 and 25 opened)
    7/10/2016 : 38 LTs and 1758 CPs
    7/10/2016 : 25 LTs and 1618 CPs (13 and 7 opened - short season)
    10/10/2016: 27 LTs and 810 CPs (840 CPs spent to buy Devil Dinosaur covers)
    21/10/2016: 34 LTs and 1186 CPs
    21/10/2016: 10 LTs and 866 CPs (24 and 16 opened)
    13/11/2016: 20 LTs and 1594 CPs
    13/11/2016: 10 LTs and 994 CPs (trying to get double covers to sell for iso, 10 and 30 opened)
    7/12/2016: 34 LTs and 1699 CPs
    7/12/2016: 15 LTs and 1279 CPs (trying to get double covers to sell for iso, 19 and 21 opened)
    9/12/2016: 20 LTs and 1375 CPs
    9/12/2016: 0 LTs and 975 CPs (20 and 20 opened)
    23/12/2016: 13 LTs and 1399 CPs
    25/12/2016: 16 LTs and 1456 CPs
    25/12/2016: 0 LTs and 976 CPs (16 and 24 opened)
    1/1/2017
    Planning to open 40 Latest LTs and hoard CPs until I get Phoenix from the daily resupply.

1/1/2017: 0 LTs and 0 CPs (new year, all tokens opened)
    1/2/2017: 40 LTs and 928 CPs
    2/2/2017: 0 LTs and 974 CPs (40 LTs opened)
    12/2/2017: 11 LTs and 1328 CPs
    12/2/2017: 11 LTs and 528 CPs (40 classic LTs opened)
    16/2/2017: 19 LTs and 792 CPs
    16/2/2017: 0 LTs and 372 CPs (19 and 21 opened)
    16/2/2017
    Planning to get 720 CPs to buy the 13th Phoenix cover.

1/3/2017: 14 LTs and 722 CPs
    1/3/2017: 4 LTs and 2 CPs (Bought a Phoenix cover and opened 10 LTs)
    9/3/2017: 0 LTs and 6 CPs

3/4/2017: 0 LTs and 7 CPs Playing more casually from here onwards
    9/7/2017: 3 LTs and 36 CPs
    My token pulls (old forum format, lost some results due to word limit)

My token pulls (since the new forum)

• dr tinykittylovedr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sign me up! I have 400cp and 0 lts at the moment. 73k iso. Will spend all the iso just before the new season starts. Game plan is to save up 1.5m iso. And then open all the things! Let's see how much cp I end up with by the time I hit my iso target.
  • SnowcaTTSnowcaTT Posts: 3,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think to hoard CP or not is pretty easy.

Do you have max/many covers of The Only Character That Matters? May as well hoard CP and wait for the next best character to be in classics.

Are you like me, have you drawn only two covers of The Only Character That Matters, even though he had higher draw rate in the past when I drew more LT's than I have since his percentage went down? Use -all- the CP, use it now, use it before his percentage goes down even further and you can never run the events with those that got lucky and have The Only Character That Matters.

RNG enhanced, like 4*, is one thing. RNG only is just the pits.
  • Spider-man 6234Spider-man 6234 Posts: 409
    edited June 2016
    I have recently gone 0/26 in my attempts to pull a 5* (Be it from classic or latest) So it got me thinking. Why open these tokens when all I'm going to get is a useless 4* (Looking at you icon_starlord.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png and icon_hulkcho.png ) So I've decided to hoard until I have 2 million iso8.png , and then level 5 or 6 4* who I pull the most covers for. It's going to be a long and hard road. Currently have 41 commandpoints.png , 2 token_legendary.png , and 97K iso8.png .

So hi. My name is Spider-man6234, and this is my attempt at hoarding.

Update 6/9: 95 commandpoints.png , 3 token_legendary.png , and 290K iso8.png
  • MalcrofMalcrof GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Revoting active!
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    revoted 100+. was 76 classics via cp and 27 tokens opened over the last couple of weeks. continuing to open until new guys get inserted and then back to hoarding and building iso.
  • madokmadok Age Unconfirmed Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    With TxMoose on this. Once the LTs change, I will be going back to full hoard mode because I really miss seeing that huge number next to the CP symbol.
  • OrionOrion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have recently gone 0/26 in my attempts to pull a 5* (Be it from classic or latest) So it got me thinking. Why open these tokens when all I'm going to get is a useless 4* (Looking at you icon_starlord.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png and icon_hulkcho.png ) So I've decided to hoard until I have 2 million iso8.png , and then level 5 or 6 4* who I pull the most covers for. It's going to be a long and hard road. Currently have 63 commandpoints.png , 2 token_legendary.png , and 97K iso8.png .

That seems a bit ambitious. My goal is to collect 200k ISO and then pull tokens from my CP hoard (currently about 380) until I get one that I don't have champed but want to. Then I'll stop and focus on champing that character. Once that's done, I start again when I get enough ISO.

That way I don't waste any covers.
    Sign me up! I have 400cp and 0 lts at the moment. 73k iso. Will spend all the iso just before the new season starts. Game plan is to save up 1.5m iso. And then open all the things! Let's see how much cp I end up with by the time I hit my iso target.

Just unloaded the 400cp on latests when the new odds hit to start on a clean slate. Let the hoarding begin. icon_e_smile.gif
  • LordXberkLordXberk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Pulled about 40 classic LTs before the increase to 15% odds bcs I thought the OML % would decline in the Classics, but fully covered him, so no worries. Not sure I want to bring him to 450 yet based on some other forum posts, so he's sitting at 380. But, as much as I want to get those 3 PHX covers I need, I don't want to risk pulling a useless OML, so I started hoarding again. Now up to 47 LTs and 1322 CPs. Idk what I'm waiting for...probably build up some more ISO, maybe see who the next 5*s are (guessing Hulk and Black Bolt)...but also still like using the 4*s I spent FOREVER covering and leveling and don't want to have them sit there useless
  • I have recently gone 0/26 in my attempts to pull a 5* (Be it from classic or latest) So it got me thinking. Why open these tokens when all I'm going to get is a useless 4* (Looking at you icon_starlord.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png and icon_hulkcho.png ) So I've decided to hoard until I have 2 million iso8.png , and then level 5 or 6 4* who I pull the most covers for. It's going to be a long and hard road. Currently have 41 commandpoints.png , 2 token_legendary.png , and 97K iso8.png .

Update 6/9: 95 commandpoints.png , 3 token_legendary.png , and 290K iso8.png

This was way to ambitious for me lol. I reached 320k iso and leveled a couple of my 3* who I had 4 to 5 covers for. Also opened 11 tokens 5 classic and 6 Latest. Pulled a blackflag.pngtoken_legendary.pngicon_wolverine.png (only color I have maxed for him icon_mad.gif ) and a yellowflag.pngtoken_legendary.pngicon_captainamerica.png .
    So I decided to go the route that Orion spoke about above. Currently sitting on 18 cp and no LTS and have 160k iso. Hopefully I can stick to this plan instead of pulling early. So take two for me.
  • mckauhumckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    7 LT +around 140cp = 14 LTs. I'm waiting to collect enough HP for roster slots (always missing roster slots) I have no idea when I actually could start opening LT's since new characters just keep coming and new roster slots keep increasing how much they cost (mine is 900HP / slot)
  • mckauhumckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    mckauhu wrote:
    7 LT +around 140cp = 14 LTs. I'm waiting to collect enough HP for roster slots (always missing roster slots) I have no idea when I actually could start opening LT's since new characters just keep coming and new roster slots keep increasing how much they cost (mine is 900HP / slot)

Roster slots top out at 1000hp, after slot 76: http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Roster_Slots

They used to just keep on increasing, until the old max, #182, was 8000hp (!!!), if memory serves.

When to open legendaries ... tough question. Not before you get a handle on roster slots, by either limiting the characters you want to pursue, or committing yourself to biting the bullet and buying slots if needed.

Beyond slot concerns, I'd say don't open LTs until you are champing 3s. Even while hoarding LTs, 4* covers will still come your way, sort of "passively" growing your 4s. Opening LTs is like switching from passive to active.

Thanks for advice I think when opening LT's, I also need iso-8 to possibly master 4*s so that's not quite yet... But close.
    LordXberk wrote:
    Pulled about 40 classic LTs before the increase to 15% odds bcs I thought the OML % would decline in the Classics, but fully covered him, so no worries. Not sure I want to bring him to 450 yet based on some other forum posts, so he's sitting at 380. But, as much as I want to get those 3 PHX covers I need, I don't want to risk pulling a useless OML, so I started hoarding again. Now up to 47 LTs and 1322 CPs. Idk what I'm waiting for...probably build up some more ISO, maybe see who the next 5*s are (guessing Hulk and Black Bolt)...but also still like using the 4*s I spent FOREVER covering and leveling and don't want to have them sit there useless

Now up to 60 LTs and 2012 CPs. Happy with my LT hoarding, but I haven't been able to build any ISO since I've been leveling 3s and some mid tier 4s for the KP DDQ and the Spidey-heavy Juggs PVE. I definitely will wait to open my hoard until after Peggy is added to the tokens (next season?). For 5*s, I am very curious to see whether the odds remain 15% for Latest and Classic and if GG is moved into Classics when the new 5* is revealed in R104 (gotta be Hulk, right?). Beyond that, who will they move to Classics after GG when the next 5* arrives? Will it be Cap or IM or will they balloon the Latest count up to 4 5*s? I expect zero advance notice. icon_lol.gif
  • Black DukeBlack Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Since I have champed all of my 3*, I began to hoard my cp. By now I have 620 commandpoints.png (=31 token_legendary.png).
    I will keep them until I leveled up all of my 4* (especially Lady Thor, Hulkbuster, X-Wolvie, Jean Grey and Ice-Man).
    Unloaded about a total of over 1k cp and a dozen or so latest lts over the last week in 2 sittings at the start of season and last night. It was a spectacular fail - I sold off almost everything. Got a few newer 4*s, a handful of champ covers. Somewhat below average rate of 5*s and nothing I really wanted.

I'm sure that some people would kill for my pulls anyway - among the things I didn't care about were 3 OMLs and 2 Phx. Fortunately I already had them champed.

Champ covers are kind of a weak consolation for getting duplicate covers. All I really wanted was some BSS and GG (0, 1).

I was probably overdue for a run of bad luck considering how painless covering the original 3 5*s was, but it still sucks. I don't know how people who have 0/30+ streaks have the strength to continue. :/
    Unloaded about a total of over 1k cp and a dozen or so latest lts over the last week in 2 sittings at the start of season and last night. It was a spectacular fail - I sold off almost everything. Got a few newer 4*s, a handful of champ covers. Somewhat below average rate of 5*s and nothing I really wanted.

I'm sure that some people would kill for my pulls anyway - among the things I didn't care about were 3 OMLs and 2 Phx. Fortunately I already had them champed.

Champ covers are kind of a weak consolation for getting duplicate covers. All I really wanted was some BSS and GG (0, 1).

I was probably overdue for a run of bad luck considering how painless covering the original 3 5*s was, but it still sucks. I don't know how people who have 0/30+ streaks have the strength to continue. :/

Sorry about your bad luck, Dr. It's posts like these that keep me hoarding - at least until we see the new 5*s and Peggy gets added to LT drops. I've had some instances where I've used some part of my CP, but have not been able to bring myself to spend it all. There is something depressing about the thought of having to start my hoard from zero again.
  • WobbyWobby Age Unconfirmed Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Here was my hoard after awhile of stockpiling:
    124 silver
    45 Heroic + 1 10-pack
    20 old event tokens
    620 CP

I was having a hard time with my climb last Friday in PVP, so I opened 6 Classic tokens. I got:

Fury
    Hawkeye
    OML yellow (3/4/2)
    **** Spiderman blue (3/0/0)
    Surfer black (1/5/4)
    Phoenix red (2/5/1)

The Phoenix red was VERY needed as I had yet to pull one -- the 4/6 5* rate was obviously off-the-charts awesome. I stopped to finish my PVP climb and didn't want to push my luck after finally getting the Phoenix I needed.

Today, with Hulk potentially lowering specific 5* odds in Classic tokens, and only an hour to climb to 1300 in PVP, I decided to start off by opening all the rest of my CP stash. I got:

Surfer black (1/5/5)
    Phoenix red (2/5/2)
    OML black (4/4/2)
    OML red (4/4/3)

Again, 4 5*s, though over the course of a much longer pull pool -- these were the rest of my pulls:

Cho blue
    Punisher blue x2
    Drax black x2
    Rhulk green
    Rhulk purple
    Thing red
    Miles red
    Kingpin yellow
    Kingpin purple
    Deadpool red
    Deadpool purple
    Ghost Rider black x2
    Ghost Rider green
    Hulkbuster red
    Antman purple
    Carnage green x2
    X23 purple

Of those, only Cho is garbage -- my Ghost Rider, Carnage and Miles, and Ant-Man are cover-maxed but not leveled.
    Drax bumps up to 5/2/1, and my OML has a new soft-cap of 420 (though I'm leaving at 360 alongside Phoenix for now).

Now, since hoarding was done for me, it was time to open my others.

Standards:
    2* 15
    3* 3 (IM40 only usable)

Heroics 10-pack - great haul!
    Blade black x2, She-Hulk blue, Hood yellow, War Machine blue, Winter Soldier purple

Heroics:
    3* 6 (Groot, Doc Ock, Thor, Colossus, Storm, Cage)
    4* 2 (IW, Cyclops)

Miscellaneous event gold:
    3* 4 (Mystique, BP, CapMarvel, Cyclops)

And lastly, after applying champ rewards and getting to 1300 in PVP, I had a few more Classic Legend pulls:

OML yellow (4/5/3)
    Antman purple
    Cho black

The Hot Dog Stand ends this set of pulls and closes out my current hoard.
    I'm left with some decisions on where to spend my ISO - and even though my OML could go up to level 435, I hear nothing but bad things about that MMR wasteland. I've got Ant-Man and Miles I'd like to champ, perhaps. And when the Hulk drops, I'll have 15 or more Latest Legendary tokens to open too...

TL / DR: I pulled 3 Old Man Logan covers today, and 4 in the last week. There's no reason to level him past his current 360 that I can see. Luck has been on my side as of late.
  • MalorickMalorick Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    As you have read in our LL adventures viewtopic.php?style=1&f=16&t=19023&start=740#p538890, i have finally opened my Dragon Legendary Hoard of 150 LT but still keeping my 5k+ cp. Here the result of the 150 classic Legendary tokens.

(not the real order just the result)
    Antman purplex2
    Antman yellow
    Antman blue
    Carnage blackx3
    Carnage red
    Carnage green
    Cyclops yellow
    Cyclops redx2
    Cyclops bluex2
    Drax black
    Ghost rider greenx2
    Ghost rider redx2
    Iceman bluex3
    Iceman green
    Imhb black
    Imhb bluex2
    Imhb redx2
    Jg purplex4
    Jg bluex2
    Jg green
    Kate blackx2
    Kate blue
    Kate purplex2
    Kingpin yellowx2
    Kingpin purple
    Moonknight black
    Moonknight purple
    Punisher bluex2
    Punisher black
    Punisher green
    Quake yellow
    Rhulk greenx2
    Rhulk purple
    Spider-gwen red
    Thing red
    Thing greenx3
    Thing yellow
    Thor bluex3
    Venom yellow
    Venom black
    Winter soldier purple
    Winter soldier blue
    Winter soldier red
    War machine greenx2
    War machine blue
    War machine red
    x-23 purplex2
    x-23 green
    x-23 red
    Xdeadpool purplex2
    Xdeadpool blackx3
    Xdeadpool redx3
    Xwol green
    *Cap bluex2
    *Cap yellowx2
    *Cap redx2
    *GG purplex2
    *GG blackx4
    *GG yellowx2
    *Im redx4
    *im yellow
    *im blue

Nova red
    Nova blackx3
    Miles purplex3
    Miles redx2
    Miles yellow
    Failcap redx2
    Failcap yellowx2
    Failcap bluex2
    Fury blue x3
    Fury purple

Mrf black x4
    Mrf yellow
    Mrf bluex2
    Elektra red x2
    Profx bluex2
    Profx yellow
    Iw yellow
    Iw bluex4
    Chulk blue x3
    Chulk black
    Sl redx2
    Sl purplex2

Results:

20 of 150 pulls were 5*, that's 13,33%
    By applying 61 covers that's 40,66% to champ I gained
    40k iso
    600 hp
    44 cp
    6 LT

Observations and conclusion:

Still below the 15% for 150 LT with 13,33% so not great here but received more GG covers and my 5* now look not bad I suppose.

Now I have these 5* at
    GG 422
    Cap 352
    IM 512
    Still too many useless 4* 25 covers that's 16,66% of the cover was totally useless and sell for an extra 30,6k iso
    And was not able to have the 2 missing covers for quake just got 1 and not the right color for nova, so this was not great.
    Quake is now at 12 covers
    Nova still at 12 covers event if I gained 4 covers for him but cannot use them because missing 1 yellow to champ him, and even after 2 weeks I didnt found the missing yellow.

Have positioned for championing Miles, FailCap, Fury that was already ready for champion before the pull but now I have champ them to not waste 16 covers that's 10,66%
    Now I can champ War machine, Venom
    Punisher and Kate are now at 11 covers.

After 50 pulls I was at 12% for 5* and my 4* pull was not great and the same thing after another 50, so I was really disappointed. It's in the last 50 that I got all the best covers that really help me.

Now, when i will cash in my 5k+ cp to be follow in the LL adventures.