Forum thread

Comments

• WarbringaWarbringa Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wouldn't hoarding LT's be a bad strategy unless you roster couldn't handle the initial scaling a level 255 character brings at the moment? The more 5* characters that get released, the less chance you have at OML or any other particular 5* you are looking for right?

Edit: Never mind, I was thinking of the 20CP tokens. OML is out of the actual 25 CP LT now I forgot. So really hoarding command points right now may not be the best strategy since your best shot at OML tokens is right now with the 20CP token right?
  • GrimSkaldGrimSkald Posts: 2,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Btw, just did a quick confirmation - Balance of Power awarded a Red IMHB cover as the 1000 pt. progression on 2/10. The next IMHB reward should definitely be Blue.
  • TheOneAdrianTheOneAdrian Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4
    I'm sitting at 10 LTs and 412 CP. I'm still working on champing my 3 stars and I'm already facing an iso and roster space deficit. Planning on just chugging along with full PVE progression in each event and grabbing the DDQ covers until I've built up more teams. I also began hoarding taco tokens recently as well since I hate accidentally wasting things. I've got 46 and 44 of those. Got a few tokens left over from events that I'm hoping will roll over into new vaults when the event comes back around too.

Edit: Champed another 3 star picking up an additional LT. Up to 11 now.
  • tdglory49tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I'm currently sitting on 34 LTs and 596 CP. I think I've been hoarding for the last 2 seasons (including the current one), and I'm imagining it'll be another 2 before I can think about opening them again.

Edit: Also I just thought about how championing, one of the unequivocally best things in recent game history, is really driving this. Before championing, your ROI could really only go down. Apart from new characters, there wasn't a ton of benefit to hoarding if you were missing any covers. But now, pulling someone you have cover but not level maxed is really a lost opportunity, since you're missing out on rewards/an extra level/etc.
  • EsherisEsheris Age Unconfirmed Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    I pull them as soon as I get them. Mainly because I'm in the 4* progression and need all I can get. Only have 2 Championed 4*'s (Thor/Hulkbuster) and Xforce climbing the Iso ladder of pain.

But then I pull another Elektra purple and I question the RNG Gods (she should be 11/3/4 if covers went higher than 5). Can't even champion her until I pull another color!
  • rawfsurawfsu Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I decided I was going to hoard every standard, heroic, and LT I got for a whole season. Someone posted about doing it, so I decided to follow suit. So far, have 3 current LT's and 1 CP short of a classic. Unless something miraculous happens with the last DDQ vault of the season, I'll be sitting at four.
  • MagnetorulesMagnetorules Age Unconfirmed Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Inarius wrote:
    Inarius wrote:
    I used to hoard them but since their order is predetermined I don't waste time anymore and open them on the spot

just yesterday I got 3 venom lethal protector covers out of 5 LT with last month giving me 4 of his green covers out of 10 LTs, bringing him to 4/1/3 XD

Has it been confirmed that the cover you get is what is determined or the random number. If it's the latter then when new characters are released to tokens the cover could change.

Also, I even if it's predetermined that I'm getting 5 jg covers I want the iso to champ her which I don't have now. Hence for me it makes sense to hoard until I have the iso.
    While we prob won't get an official confirmation, some data points in that direction. And by what people are saying in this thread viewtopic.php?style=1&f=9&t=41664 seems to prove that theory, without more statistical data like opening 1000 LTs during an event to confirm, nothing is set it stone.

We'll have to find someone with a sandboxed account to do this for us during an event if we're to gather enough data for a solid confirmation.

My account recently suffered from a save file corrupted incident and while I was trying to get it corrected I pulled LT's and found that the order was predetermined.
    My account recently suffered from a save file corrupted incident and while I was trying to get it corrected I pulled LT's and found that the order was predetermined.

What was the sequence of events?

I went through several days trying to get my account fixed and I noticed that the LT pulls were always the same everytime. They only slightly changed with the addition of GG.
  • Philly79Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    A friend of mine also had a save data corrupt error and experienced the same exact thing. He was able to pull his tokens repeatedly and they were always the same order/pulls. Intentional? Possibly, but the main thing is that any gripes about token pull odds and customer service responds that the pulls are completely random, but this like many other things they state, are inaccurate. As how can two people have the save error and pull tokens while they wait for a fix only to notice that there is a unintentional/ intentional bug with the odds? Any insight into this from a red would be appreciated.
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every time I see this thread name I stop and imagine Ian McShane reading it.

What was the sequence of events?

I went through several days trying to get my account fixed and I noticed that the LT pulls were always the same everytime. They only slightly changed with the addition of GG.

I see, that's what I thought but didn't want to assume! So you were playing along, had recently pulled some LTs, got a certain sequence of covers, then your game went into the ditch at some point. The next time you fired it up, you had been warped back in time. So you submitted a ticket detailing the difference and what was lost.

In that ticket, did you tell CS what covers you had pulled?

No, I ended up deleting the game after a few days and then reinstalled after a new version was released and it had fixed itself.
  • SkyElfSkyElf Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    The only time I hoarded CP was after they announced that they were going to introduce a new Legendary token that would only cost 20, but before they actually did it. Sometimes I'll hold onto 20 or 40 for a few hours so my husband and I can open our Legendary tokens together. I might hold onto a Latest Legend token for a few days if they have announced that there will be a new 5* released soon. But my best 4* characters only have 9 or 10 covers and my best 5* only has 5, so the odds of getting something I can't use are low.
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I went here.

120k4t.jpg

I blame my kids.
  • El SatannoEl Satanno Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Yeah I went here.

I blame my kids.

They spell pretty badly, huh? icon_e_wink.gif
  • XenoberyllXenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Yeah I went here.

I blame my kids.

They spell pretty badly, huh? icon_e_wink.gif

For the Horde! icon_razz.gif
  • TazFTWTazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    TazFTW wrote:
    2 LTs and and 10 CPs with 25 CPs on their way from Venom Bomb. The season is coming to a close, so the tokens will add Quake and MaxPun shortly. Every 4* added means a lower chance of CHulk.

Bye bye hoard. I ended up with 3 LTs and 85 CPs when the tokens changed.
    No CHulk. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • madokmadok Age Unconfirmed Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    madok wrote:
    I'm hoarding CPs/LTs so I can stay on target with working towards getting Bobby leveled up and champed when his blue cover comes up in PVP. It would be too easy to start opening those tokens and get distracted by the new shiny.

Opened 5 LTs and 2 classics after I met my goal of champing Bobby before I had my next project in line. I now have a level 140 13 cover Xpool and a cover sitting in my queue. Now back up to 1 LT and 550 CP banked until I either can get him champed or the cover expires.
  • SnowcaTTSnowcaTT Posts: 3,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Originally voted zero here - needed to many 4* covers, and wanted all the 5*'s I could get. The only time I hoarded longer than ten minutes was when they were originally introduced - to wait for the two 5*'s to be introduced to get up to 10% draw rate.

That really helped me pull enough 4* covers to have success at every 4* DDQ in this second run (I'll probably win one or two more, then start failing with the newest characters).

Now I have started hoarding though - because I don't want to waste more 4* covers. I started hoarding at the end of last season (XXV) when I drew my 13th RHulk (Jean/HB/Cyc already all maxed as some of the "great" ones). I'm also at 12 DPXF and Thing covers - the last time they were rewarded was the one cover I didn't need, so the next time they are rewarded will give me 13 covers.

So I spent this season maxing RHulk, and I'll probably spend next season maxing either DPXF or Thing - maybe even Carnage or KP after it. I've found having more 4*'s to make sure you always have one boosted 4* maxed has been really handy.

Also because 5* has sort of screwed me (and many) with RNG. I had six blue SS covers before the two-year black cover came my way. I still have only two OML covers. More recently Phoenix has flooded my 5* draws - I was at 1/5/1 and pulled to 2/5/2 in the season before I stopped hoarding, so I could move her up to help out.

I basically never hit PVE or PVP final progressions so I'm only at six LT's and 170 CP so far - but I don't know when I'll crack them. The CP's can wait - not like pulling a couple more SS's or OML's would help me anyway. The LT's will probably get pulled when they introduce the next 5* and push Jean to classic tokens only - just to make sure I have every chance possible to help out my top 5*.

TLDR: Originally opened everything, needed 4* covers. Now need less 4* covers and I don't want to waste 4* covers, so I'm hoarding for now.
  • Bloody_MarvelBloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Working on turning the 3*s into Champions. So I've hoarded 14 LT and 429 CP for a total of 35 pulls. Will keep hoarding until I can make the progression into 4* territory, or they change the rules on me again...
  • madokmadok Age Unconfirmed Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Broke 600 CP the other day. Still grinding ISO to be able to level Xpool before his 14th cover in my queue expires in a couple days. Not sure if I will make it. Would be a lot closer if Prod Sun PVE event had been run under the old rules. icon_e_sad.gif

I do have a backup plan though if the cover will expire before I can use it. I'll continue to bank ISO and use it to level up the upcoming 4* DDQ characters. I haven't really put a lot of ISO into the newer ones so they all need about 30K to get pumped up around 140.

I'm also keeping an eye on my 12 cover cyclops. I'll have a cover reward coming from Vision soon so I may pull the trigger to buy his 13th with CP so I can champ him.