Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Forum thread

Comments

• InariusInarius Posts: 126
    Inarius wrote:
    I used to hoard them but since their order is predetermined I don't waste time anymore and open them on the spot

just yesterday I got 3 venom lethal protector covers out of 5 LT with last month giving me 4 of his green covers out of 10 LTs, bringing him to 4/1/3 XD

Has it been confirmed that the cover you get is what is determined or the random number. If it's the latter then when new characters are released to tokens the cover could change.

Also, I even if it's predetermined that I'm getting 5 jg covers I want the iso to champ her which I don't have now. Hence for me it makes sense to hoard until I have the iso.
    While we prob won't get an official confirmation, some data points in that direction. And by what people are saying in this thread viewtopic.php?style=1&f=9&t=41664 seems to prove that theory, without more statistical data like opening 1000 LTs during an event to confirm, nothing is set it stone.

We'll have to find someone with a sandboxed account to do this for us during an event if we're to gather enough data for a solid confirmation.
  • MelevornMelevorn Posts: 137Age Unconfirmed Tile Toppler
    I'm not following this 'predetermined' thread.

Many of my LT's come from before Green Goblin was introduced, and all will pre-date the next 5*.

If I open them the day after the next 5* is added, and somewhere in the middle I get one of the new 5*, will that blow this 'predetermined' theory out of the water? If so, I'll track what I get and when.
  • Kevin61Kevin61 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I had tried saving LT's before and the first time I had 4 and got a SS blueflag.png . The second time I had 3 and got OML yellowflag.png . Since then I had opened them as soon as I got them and my 5* roster is now SS 2x blueflag.png , OML 2x yellowflag.png , 1 blackflag.png , Phoenix 2x purpleflag.png , 1 redflag.png . I decided to hang on to (hoard) my LT's and CP for the entire season. Right now I am at 3 LT's, 187 CP with 15 CP coming up for my daily resupply tomorrow. Should be able to make the 25 CP rewards for the next two events before the end of the season. Oh, plus I am saving my season 10-pack til the end!
  • shushesheshusheshe Posts: 45Age Unconfirmed Just Dropped In
    I'm nowhere near ready for a 4* transition and having a 5* around will break my scaling so I'm hoarding my LT and CP.

Currently 18 LT and 450 CP.
  • dr tinykittylovedr tinykittylove Posts: 1,452 Chairperson of the Boards
    Logically I should have been hoarding for months with my odds of receiving not iso, and I try pretty hard - generally get to about half a dozen LTs and couple or so hundred cp, then fall into a funk and open a bunch at a time or until they are all gone.

Opening or not opening... it's all down to your own decision whether to gamble or not. Personally I am of the opinion that if you don't try, your progress is stuck anyway unless you are really fond of grinding pve to top2. (I'm not).

But I'm probably biased. According to the odds I should be getting lower and lower chances of getting usable cover. In practice I have stupidly good luck and feel guilty when people complain about getting only unusable covers. When I opened the last two batches a few days ago I only needed Nova, Cho, Gwen of existing available 4*s, and of course 5*s. Now I need Cho, Gwen, and OML.
  • XenoberyllXenoberyll Posts: 645 Critical Contributor
    Pre Nova i need 4 4star covers (3 Dino, 1 X23). Post Nova i need 46 covers - 19 of those are Punisher (11) and Quake (8). That's why I hoard CP until the new season starts, then i cash in what i have. Won tokens are opened right away though. I think, for me that's the best compromise between getting useful covers and satisfying the urge to open everything asap.

Btw, only 7 of my 4stars are maxed/champs...the ISO famine is real
  • PeterGibbons316PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063Age Unconfirmed
    No reason for me to hoarde anymore. I'm content with my 4* roster, and the only real way for me to progress at this point is in developing my 5* characters. Since they replaced LTs with 25 CP rewards the amount of time it would take to hoarde enough latest LTs to make a difference (i.e. opening enough LTs at once to get a usable 5* upon release) is measured in years. So for me those tokens are more valuable as Phoenix covers, champ covers, or 1000 ISO.
  • ArphaxadArphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I still need a lot of 4* covers so there is no reason to hoard LTs. The few maxed power slots I have on some 4* just nets me 1,000 iso, that's a win/win.
  • JarvindJarvind Posts: 1,681 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sitting on 14 LTs and 800ish CP. I have the majority of the 4*s covered, so I was waiting for a few characters to come out so I'd have a shot at some useful covers, plus give myself time to champion a couple.

I will probably open them next season when Gwen and Big Pun are added in, unless a super sweet character gets revealed.
  • GrumpySmurf1002GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511Age Unconfirmed Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm at 4 LT and ~415CP right now, waiting for Quake and Punisher so I can not pull them anyway.

It's more about having the Iso in reserve for when the token party happens, and that usually takes a full season anyway.
  • GrimSkaldGrimSkald Posts: 1,748 Chairperson of the Boards
    I almost always hoard a little. My luck with LTs has been so bad that it's extremely discouraging (13 total 5*s out of 209 pulls, or 6.22%. There was a time when it was perilously close to 5%, two SS covers recently have it turning around.) There was a point that every 4* I pulled from a LT or CP made me want to quit that much more, and that's a very unhealthy attitude. So that's a large part of it - I deliberately delay opening tokens so I don't say "grinding a week got me my 17th Mr F cover."

(I'm not kidding with that, btw. Mr F is my IW. I've pulled more of him out of LTs than anyone else. Carnage is #2 at 15.)

The other part is, as many other people said, timing. If I'm going to max out a particular 4* at some point in the future, drawing their cover will lock me into getting Iso for them (assuming I can get the Iso quickly enough.) I'm going to max out the Thing later today, then it's probably X-23's turn, but drawing her cover will lock me into it, and this game is more fun (to me) with being able to spend my Iso where I want it.

There's also that little voice in the back of my head saying "another week and half and 4Pun and Quake will be in the tokens..." icon_e_smile.gif
    Oh, and incidentally my current count is 86 cp and 3 LTs.
  • MalcrofMalcrof Posts: 5,655GLOBAL_MODERATORS Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently, 1 standard token, and 4 CP. So, 0.
  • PeterGibbons316PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063Age Unconfirmed
    I'm content with my 4* roster, and the only real way for me to progress at this point is in developing my 5* characters.
    Was just thinking about this and realized that I haven't pulled a 5* in over 2 months. That's 2 months of playing for hours every day with no progress. Frustrating.
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 1,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently: 0

But when Champions debuted, I spaced out all those Legendary tokens and abut 160 CP over the course of a month. The reason was that I wanted to pad out my holding queue instead of having a bunch of covers to sell on the same day.
  • drcassinodrcassino Posts: 141Age Unconfirmed Tile Toppler
    I've currently got 5 LTs and 425 CP - that's my total haul from this season. I hate, hate, hate using LTs and getting covers I can't use. At the end of last season, I realized that about 40% of my pulls were now 6th covers for characters that I either couldn't max yet (like my 5/2/3 XFDP), or covers for already fully covered characters that I didn't want to max (IW, Starlord, etc), with 30% going to champed 4s, and 30% being covers I needed. So, I decided to not open any more until I had champed a few more characters: I've done Rulk and Carnage this season, and I'll do 2 more (probably Thing and Elektra) before I open any more. I'd love to open them, and my 2/2/2 OML would love to get higher, but I just hate wasting them sooo much.
  • ErikPeterErikPeter Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    I've got 85 CP stored up, but that's only because if I don't get a HB Blue by the time I have 120, I'll buy an atrociously overpriced one. (I'm sitting at 5/5/2 and sitting here, thinking the 4 Classic Legends might be more worth it)
  • ErikPeterErikPeter Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I know, but it feels good to hear it from someone else. The small chance I'd pull another OML cover makes those unspent CP seem pretty tempting.
  • TxMooseTxMoose Posts: 4,319Age Unconfirmed Chairperson of the Boards
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Yeah, I know, but it feels good to hear it from someone else. The small chance I'd pull another OML cover makes those unspent CP seem pretty tempting.
    if you don't currently have a maxed 4*, it would definitely be worth it. that might be different if you had a maxed cyke. but getting that first maxed 4* (and then finishing a second complementary character for a pvp 'pair"), is really game-changing. I went from hardly ever hitting 1300 to hitting it pretty consistently when I got jeanbuster going. and 1K is doable on no shields most of the time (slice dependent).
    ErikPeter wrote:
    I've got 85 CP stored up, but that's only because if I don't get a HB Blue by the time I have 120, I'll buy an atrociously overpriced one. (I'm sitting at 5/5/2 and sitting here, thinking the 4 Classic Legends might be more worth it)

Unless HB blue pops up as a fixed reward somewhere soon, to gain the option of maxing and champing HB, it absolutely is worth 120 CP!

Wait until you have the Iso to max him, but absolutely agreed. Though, let me check....

IMHB's last cover was red on 2/10. That means his next one should be blue (they go backwards.) Lets see, we're on Deadpool, so Ghost Rider, Iceman, and Invisible Woman - with 4Pun in there... if you can make 1000 a week from Sunday - unless I wrote down IMHB's last cover wrong - you should be able to get it...