What's more effective in PvP?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just generally speaking for the sake of the poll

But on a personal level I'm at that stage and don't know whether to use my magneto or jean grey, but in general what do you think is the best choice?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    What are your specific covers for both and what levels are both of them (boosted and unboosted for cmags)?

And for the poll, what do you mean by two covered? Like, literally, 2 covers?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd stick with mags. I have yet to run a 5* but the match damage at 255 just isn't enough to overcome minimal abilities. I assume you're running your OML in 1 slot and asking about the second? I'd run cmags for the cascades from his red. plus its pretty cheap so you'd get some strikes out of it while they lasted. if not logan, gsbw isn't great but isn't the worst either. her and cmags can both create some cascades for damage with your OML. I don't think I'd try that jean except for seeds. the red is pretty weak and the match damage isn't enough to make up for it. you could always try stuff out early on though. couldn't hurt, except for a few healthpacks.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Just speaking for myself here, but unless the points are worth it, I'm likely to skip a fully boosted/champed 3* Magneto, as there is just too much potential for him to really hammer my team. Any 2 cover 5* however, I will attack on sight. Until they get at least one cover in each power color and at least lvl 300, their threat level is non-existent.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whoever voted for the 2-cover 5* has never fought one and never tried using one.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Whoever voted for the 2 covered 5* is trolling and wants to attack you in pvp for easy points because that's what they are.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those are both pretty bad options. I'd vote for a 5* with lots of covers, at least one of each color. OML is pretty great from 315 onward, even better at higher levels. SS on the other hand isn't all that great until maybe 405+.
  • cyineedsn wrote:
    Whoever voted for the 2 covered 5* is trolling and wants to attack you in pvp for easy points because that's what they are.

personally I wish more people use 2 covered 5* instead of any fully leveled 3*.

It means more easy win for me.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    i voted for 2 covered.
    But when I voted, I thought TS means that there are 2 5* characters that are covered above average (7-8 covers=)) and was really suprised by the poll results. But then re-read it. =)
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* boosted are far more effective. I look for low covered 5* as their powers are not scary. I love facing OML with only yellow covers, I just leave him until last.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I actually think that if you run a two-cover 5*, you expose yourself to people who want to teach you a lesson that your two-cover 5* isn't as good as you think it is. You would probably get attacked more, just on principle.