More 4* mini-PVEs like Growth Industry / Amadeus' Inferno

CNash
CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
I think more of the "mini-PVE" events, with a single guaranteed 4* cover progression reward (and some ISO), would be a good idea - even if it's only for "older" 4*s like X-Force Wolverine, Thor or Nick Fury and not the new hotness. Maybe run a different one each month, but only for a week or two and not for the whole month. No Essentials, no roster restrictions, no rank rewards or competition of any kind.

Make it as challenging as it needs to be; target the hardest nodes to 3* players so that 2* players can't leapfrog them and gather too many 4*s. And voila, another way into the 4* tier for struggling 3* players. One cover a month is not "generous" by anyone's standards, but it would be a very positive addition.

Comments

• Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I think everyone loves these events. It is a shame we don't get to play these events more often.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I just made a response on another *great* thread (the one about an OML event) proposing character 'shards' that count toward a specific character.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=8&t=40695#p491761

I love these events, but I feel like what holds them back from being truly great is 2 factors:
    1 - their all-or-nothing nature. A concept like shards would allow you to carry over some partial progress toward unlocking a cover if you weren't able to get all the way through the event this time.
    2 - its always the same color cover. (Hulk PVE has the same problem). Creating character specific 'shops' were shards could be exchanged for covers of your chosen color would allow you to get something useful. (A player with a 5-green hulk that only has 12 covers is always going to be underwhelmed/frustrated when Hulk PVE hands him *yet another* green hulk.

I would like to see more of these events introduced. I think it would be a cool addition to have one of these events always running. With a cover for *someone* always potentially getting dropped. Kind of like Deadpool Daily, but a weekly feature event spotlighting a given character. They could even do 3x 3* weekly events with a 4* run on the 4th week.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    These were great events. I wonder though if they were experiments on getting people to buy covers, and ultimately failing at it. After all, they eventually removed the ability to buy covers. This must be because their profits on tokens far out weigh direct buying.