Quicksilver issue

Smith13
Smith13 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone else having issue with Quicksilver PvP? No matter if it's myself matching the last blue set to detonate the locked tiles or the AI's turn, it gives it to the AI. I'm getting no chance to have them detonate for me, unless of course I've already downed AI's Quicksilver. It's quite bogus.

Comments

• Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    How many locked tiles are out when you match blue? I've gotten the blue to fire for me when the other QS is alive. It works like this:
    4 or more locked TU tiles: Whichever team makes the blue match fires the AoE, then 1 additional locked tile is added.
    3 locked TU tiles: Whichever team makes the blue match adds 1 locked tile, making 4. The other team then fires the AoE.

I'm unsure of how it works with cascades with multiple blue matches, as I haven't had that occur yet.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    had 2 locked on the board and a cascade that matched 2 blues. my 2 locked processed first, then theirs, it did not alternate, so I got hit with the aoe. just FYI. all of yours get applied, then all of theirs.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I'm unsure of how it works with cascades with multiple blue matches, as I haven't had that occur yet.

The team which makes the matches locks the appropriate number of tiles for blue matches made their turn. Turn then passes to the opponent, who's QS locks their tiles. So if there were two lock tiles and a cascade resulted in two blue matches, without wiping any locks, the team responsible for the cascade will will lock two tiles, the opponent will detonate the locks then lock one tile.

Hope thats clear.....
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Just like daken, yours both occur before the opponents.

3 on the board:
    1 blue match: yours (4), theirs (5), trigger (theirs)
    2 blue match: yours (4), yours (5), trigger (yours), theirs (1), theirs (2)

4 on the board:
    any blue matches: yours (5), trigger (yours)

2 on the board
    1 blue match: yours (3), theirs (4)
    2 blue match: yours (3), yours (4), theirs (5), trigger (theirs), theirs (1)
  • Smith13
    Smith13 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the feedback. It gets frustrating. I was playing haphazardly and not fully paying attention to how many were locked.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, and this is why Quicksilver is a garbage character. I can have a cast a skill that has a cascade for me, have that end up firing the ai's Supersonic, damaging me, and it still be my turn.

I wish they would have reworked him like Doom, with an active passive combo. Passive locks on match, but need blue ap to fire.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    You have far more control over who gets the blueflag.png AoE now than previous Blue Shift PvPs. If there are only 3 locked_qs.png TUs on the board and you see a blue match, fire his greenflag.png to lock the 4th locked_qs.png and then make the bluetile.png match. Otherwise, let the AI make the match and hope for the best.

If you let the AI have control with 3 or 4 locked_qs.png TUs, then cascades can cause unpredictable things to happen and that's just the way it is in QS vs QS battles, which is rare outside of the Blue Shift PvP.

Still, he's not a garbage character unless you really just don't like the way he plays. I pair him with KK for constant healing, or 4* Thor for lots of Power Surge combined with cheap swaps to collect charge tiles. And then there's Prof X, which --- nevermind --- I've said too much already.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or... you could wait til there is 4 locked tiles on teh board. And use green to make a FIFTH.

2016-02-12_00001_zpskpbniwma.jpg

Is this suppose to happen?
    Is it only matching blue that sets his passive off?
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Twysta wrote:
    Or... you could wait til there is 4 locked tiles on teh board. And use green to make a FIFTH.

2016-02-12_00001_zpskpbniwma.jpg

Is this suppose to happen?
    Is it only matching blue that sets his passive off?

In the description of the ability it says it triggers when you match blue, not when a locked tile spawns.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    My mistake icon_e_sad.gif
  • Can we chalk this one up to "The Quilksilver PVP is a horrendous experience" and move on? icon_lol.gif