CP's for Covers, starting tomorrow

Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all, looking for a little advice regarding My Roster.

I have a stockpile of 302 commandpoints.png burning a hole in my back pocket and once the change takes effect tomorrow I'm looking to blow my load. I figure that 15 additional 3* covers will really give me a push in maxing a few more characters to 166 and getting my championing on.

Looking at the roster in my sig (its changed a little in the past few days, but nothing of note) could anyone give any advice on the best use of my points. A caveat to add is that GSBW will be getting her 5th Green (I also have a Pink Cover in queue so she's a given).

Not sure if its best to use the commandpoints.png to push those at 10/12 covers to max, or would I be better sinking them all into Switch / Fist / Cage to bring them up to speed.

A side note I have around 200,000 iso8.png left so only a few can be insta-166'ed.

Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally wouldn't use CP on 3-Stars. I'd sit on it a little longer to see if they plan to tinker with the CP Economy given the sudden change to the HP Economy. If a week or two passes with nothing big seemingly in the works, Id buy LT's.
  • Wooodd
    The thing is I have 12 LT's sat waiting to be opened, upping that figure to 24 wouldn't really benefit me as they still would not be opened.

I need to get into "3* maxed land" before worrying about catching up my 4*'s, surely.
  • i am in almost the same boat as you. Still trying to build up my 3 stars and can buy 7 3 star covers with CP that would make my roster much stronger short term.
    Or i could buy 6 legendary tokens, get some random 4 stars, sell any possible 5 stars and eventually in the long run (1+ year from now) that will give me more benefit. But right now it doesnt help me at all.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wooodd wrote:
    The thing is I have 12 LT's sat waiting to be opened, upping that figure to 24 wouldn't really benefit me as they still would not be opened.

I need to get into "3* maxed land" before worrying about catching up my 4*'s, surely.
    On the other hand, before you can collect the ISO to max all the three stars you will have gotten a lot more covers courtesy of the DDQ. I don't think it's a bad call to just hang on to your CPs for a while.
  • Wooodd
    Quebbster wrote:
    Wooodd wrote:

On the other hand, before you can collect the ISO to max all the three stars you will have gotten a lot more covers courtesy of the DDQ. I don't think it's a bad call to just hang on to your CPs for a while.
    Ahhh... the flip side, how often I overlook you.

This is a fair point Quebbster, I just need to feel progression. I will max out GSBW (I don't want to waste her Pinkle cover I have queued) The other covers I have at 13/13 aren't worth the 86k iso to max in any case, which is a shame as I have a spare Vision and Beast cover queued too.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK, Luke cage and mostly Iron Fist. I would not waste CP on any other 3*.

Progression is a slow game if you don't pay. So take your time - build up, place well in PVP and PVE and the covers will come (I assume you are in a decent alliance as well - if not - find one as this is a key to 3* progression). You will regret not having these CP for Legendary tokens when you will be full on in the 4* progression.
  • Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Honestly you're in pretty good shape already. Looking at your roster i'd suggest picking one 3* to max, a Good work horse like IF, SW or KK. You really don't need much more than that. I'd suggest Switch because she just works so well with a lot of 3* & 4*.

I wouldn't worry too much about championing. You only really need to champion the one's with 3 good abilities that will get better use swapping them around depending on the enemy.

And you should consider the 4* transition about now. There is no point sinking ISO into 3*'s that you only bring out for their event. It's not good value for your ISO, a strong 2 man team will beat a mediocre 3 man team any day. I'd start opening those LT and get one or two 4* up to 200 as quick as possible (JG JG JG!).
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    You might want to check the 3* rotation list for daily deadpool (events forum I think) before you buy any.
    It would suck to buy a cover only to get it for free in the next day or week, well at least you'd be able to add to a champion now.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wood, as your fellow alliance mate, I am urging you to save your CP for 4*'s. 3*'s come easily enough with DDQ and tacos. It's a waste to spend any CP or HP on 3*'s, especially when you don't have enough Iso to level them to 166.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Need some advice. Have enough spare HP to buy 2 covers. Thinking of adding to either JG 5/4/2 at Level 190, Iceman 4/4/2 at Level 120, or Rulk 2/3/2 at Level 140. Note that I have only 10k ISO, so I won't be maxing any of them anytime soon. Leaning towards 2 green JG covers or the last blue and green for Ice.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wooodd wrote:
    tomorrow I'm looking to blow my load.

I feel like there are a lot of other websites that could provide a lot more help with this.
  • Wooodd
    I will take on board your comments and limit my CP covers. I have to hit GSBW for 1 cover before my Pinkle one expires in a few days, besides insta-champ and a LT gotta be worth it.

I suppose with the rest I just have to be patient and level up these as and when:

icon_blackpanther.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_scarletwitch.png

From what you guys are saying is it even worth me 166ing any more 3*'s?

icon_captainamerica.png will have 15 covers after EoTS finishes (if I keep up my current form) so was going to pay the 86k Iso to champ him because he's not bad. Should I bother?

Not bothering to max Beast or Vision as I don't really like them, even though I have a cover of each in my pocket and could champ.
    Jarvind wrote:
    Wooodd wrote:
    tomorrow I'm looking to blow my load.

I feel like there are a lot of other websites that could provide a lot more help with this.
    Perhaps not when you become obsessed with MPQ, its real.
  • Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    I suppose with the rest I just have to be patient and level up these as and when:

icon_blackpanther.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_scarletwitch.png

From what you guys are saying is it even worth me 166ing any more 3*'s?

icon_captainamerica.png will have 15 covers after EoTS finishes (if I keep up my current form) so was going to pay the 86k Iso to champ him because he's not bad. Should I bother?

Unless there is a 3* you really want to use ( icon_captainamerica.png ) i wouldn't bother. Consider starting on a 4* team. Save your CP, use the LTs.
  • I wonder if OP is saving their Legendaries for "When I can afford a roster spot".

That's pretty much why I'm both sitting on LTs, and wanting to blow my CP load on Fist or Switch covers.

Yeah, DDQ will give me them eventually. In like, 4 months. Fist and Switch tend to be rewards pretty rarely, and even then it's hard to get a lot of them in one go.

Spending CP on those covers feels a loooot better then spending it on tokens for 4*s that I might have to drop due to lack of space, that are still so, so, far away from usable.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    LordXberk wrote:
    Need some advice. Have enough spare HP to buy 2 covers. Thinking of adding to either JG 5/4/2 at Level 190, Iceman 4/4/2 at Level 120, or Rulk 2/3/2 at Level 140. Note that I have only 10k ISO, so I won't be maxing any of them anytime soon. Leaning towards 2 green JG covers or the last blue and green for Ice.

Since Jean's purple is maxed, I'd buff Bobby to 5/5/2 and add ISO to season.
  • Wooodd
    colwag wrote:
    I wonder if OP is saving their Legendaries for "When I can afford a roster spot".

That's pretty much why I'm both sitting on LTs, and wanting to blow my CP load on Fist or Switch covers.

Yeah, DDQ will give me them eventually. In like, 4 months. Fist and Switch tend to be rewards pretty rarely, and even then it's hard to get a lot of them in one go.

Spending CP on those covers feels a loooot better then spending it on tokens for 4*s that I might have to drop due to lack of space, that are still so, so, far away from usable.
    Thats exactly it.

Had 32 but went crazy after gitting 1k HP in Taco Vault. Got a fair few covers for chars I already had before hitting Phoenix. Pretty nice really.

Still though, long term the 4*s are a better investment for my CP, I realise this. But I'm sooooooo impatient. Just have to persrvere I suppose.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    All this talk about loads is making me hot.

imho Save your CP for the 4* transition.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone know what time? I have a doom cover that's about to expire in 14 hours
  • I think the best way to ask this question is:

Can you hit 1K in PVP right now?

If not, will these extra covers allow you to hit 1K in PVP?

Because if so, the extra 4*s you'd get from hitting 1K would make up for the lost Legendary Tokens, I'd think.

How do you feel about shield hopping?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    I think the best way to ask this question is:

Can you hit 1K in PVP right now?

If not, will these extra covers allow you to hit 1K in PVP?

Because if so, the extra 4*s you'd get from hitting 1K would make up for the lost Legendary Tokens, I'd think.

How do you feel about shield hopping?

This aimed at me?