C'est la vie - I finished 101..

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I guess a lot of people still need IF covers. I was aiming just to pick up the cover for t100 in the recent Hood PVP and so went about my business as I have in the last 3 PVP (all of which I finished t50 with no shields). I did my climb then left it there, I sat at 32nd fully expecting to get hit in the last 20 mins a few times. However I did not expect to finish on 101... even funnier? Guess how many points I would've needed to finish 100th? 1 point. I got hit 6 times in 20 mins to finish 101st. The icing on the cake is my prize is... MHawkeye! I can't escape this guy even in PVP!

All I can say is that these are the breaks you get sometimes and they just have to be accepted. At least I had a good laugh about this, enjoy your day peeps.

Comments

• jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    You are handling it well friend, I applaud you for that.
    This is the first pvp in a long time that I recall so many people rushing for t100.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Same thing here. Except I only enough time to get about 70. Doubted that was good enough but threw up a shield and crossed my fingers for the 45 minutes until the end. Finished 107. icon_neutral.gif normally do not care but I am on a drought of epic proportions. Four three star covers in a month and half. Maybe five. I have pleeeenty of 2* Caps though icon_lol.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel your pain ojsp. reminds me of my experience in iceman's release. gound like mad, but not perfectly optimal (was still 1.6X the LT progression). merced to an alliance ranked in the 60s. went to bed in 12th place and alliance around 80th. I ended up in 21st place and alliance in 102nd. my bobbygollum would be a bit further along if that night had gone a little differently.
  • OneLastGambit
    I don't feel as annoyed about losing the cover (though I do really need it mine is only 1/2/1) as I do when I have to grind a CP node 15 times and still not get the CP in PVE though.

And I had to laugh that I got MHawkeye again that makes 43 MHawkeyes in the last 2 months, if anyone needs a spare I'm your man. I thought switching to PVP would stop the influx that I was getting but nope the game just really wants me to be known as MHawkeye Man icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well the good news is that icon_ironfist.pngpurpleflag.png is scheduled for DDQ next Thursday icon_razz.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    Well the good news is that icon_ironfist.pngpurpleflag.png is scheduled for DDQ next Thursday icon_razz.gif

That certainly is good news. The next two rounds of DDQ are going to be very kind to me, I need all of them except 2
  • What i do always do is wait with joining a bracket until the event is over. E.g. in this case i joined with 25 minutes left, then you usually end in a ~500 player bracket. Doing the 3 fights against level 2 enemies will bring you to position ~150. And then kill 1 or 2 players to get in top100.
    And if someone attacks you, you can try to attack a 3rd person to get the points back.
  • Iceman reward from the PVP recently.

Was sitting at 964, and I had a 40 point match lined up for a last minute hop.

Finish the match, got 33 points (**** THIS SCORING SYSTEM). Did not get iceman cover. Proceed to be hit for -120 in the last 5minutes.

Im surprised my phone is not broken.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I finished in the top 50.

But only because I sprinted up to 900 points and hit the day shield 23 hours from the end.
    Wasn't even gonna risk it, I needed that purple.
    Also took slice 2 because its so easy to get placement in there.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Iron Fist is optimally spec'ed (yay!) and has been.

To sort of drag the "Unlikely Places" thread over here a bit, that's why I don't regret the ISO I spent on "science" when bored. I've been taking it slow with leveling because of my PVE focus, and since I didn't know at what point I'd risk sandboxing for having a large pile of ISO, periodically when I had nothing better to do I'd spend a bit of it on standard covers, fishing for gold.

I mean, DDQ's been a big part of my 3* coverage, no question, but I got some covers through that fishing I probably would still lack otherwise.

I mean, I'm in a bit of a no-man's land now, to be sure. 4* coverage is still going to be exceedingly slow for me because I'm not interested in shield hopping, in leaving my alliance, or in buying covers, and my 3* coverage is all but done.

But at least I have a plethora of covered 3* options I can play with for variety.