Don't merge every CP thread

simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Please, resist those OCD urges. If the topics are redundant, go ahead and merge them, but just because it's a thread about CP, it doesn't mean it's the same conversation. Analysis of the economics involved in whaling up a 5* with this new currency is a VERY DIFFERENT CONVERSATION than a thread complaining that putting CP in PvE sub rank awards is a step in the wrong direction, making PvE more competitive instead of less competitive, and locking out transitioning rosters from winning the covers they need as rank awards. Although these two topics both involve CP, they really have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER. Lumping them together in the same thread is not logical.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are going to merge then, please create a faq or index with links to each merged topic
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fine, this CP thread will probably just be locked instead of merged. Happy?

An index will most likely be created, but the mess needs to be dealt with. We need a central place for info on command points, and a place where questions will be answered and not just speculated on.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    maybe two topics

1 would be CP questions
    1 would be CP problems ?
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    If you read Jamie's response about the mods in the other (now locked) thread you will see that some mods don't give a whatever about community input. Don't even bother trying to discuss these issues.

That response was the perfect example of what people were complaining about.

edit: I said "some" because I thought fight4thedream's response on that other thread was great and explained the situation.
  • simonsez
    Malcrof wrote:
    We need a central place for info on command points
    I agree, but much of the conversation surrounding CP will not be requests for info. Such as the two examples I gave. The devs don't need to see conversations about the formation of whale alliances. I'll grant you that they do need to see that putting CP at the top of the PvE rank awards is a mistake, but a merged topic just means people venting and complaining about stuff like this is going to get in the way of useful Q&A.
  • Malcrof
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    We need a central place for info on command points
    I agree, but much of the conversation surrounding CP will not be requests for info. Such as the two examples I gave. The devs don't need to see conversations about the formation of whale alliances. I'll grant you that they do need to see that putting CP at the top of the PvE rank awards is a mistake, but a merged topic just means people venting and complaining about stuff like this is going to get in the way of useful Q&A.

an FAQ is being worked on, and as you can see the master thread post is now gone. The Merge(s) will still happen.. but it may end up as multiple threads in multiple subforums.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we're not complaining about the game, we're complaining about the devs, now we're complaining about the Mods.. come on everyone. Enough is enough. If I have a problem with a Mod I PM them directly, I don't start blasting them on the forums to get everyone else wild up. This isn't Players v Mods so quit acting like this is some sort of Mod Brutality.

How about this... let's have the Mods take a "vacation" for a week so we can see what happens to the forums. I'm sure many players will wish for some organization again.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Edited. Added nothing constructive.
  • simonsez
    If we're not complaining about the game, we're complaining about the devs, now we're complaining about the Mods.. come on everyone. Enough is enough. If I have a problem with a Mod I PM them directly, I don't start blasting them on the forums to get everyone else wild up. This isn't Players v Mods so quit acting like this is some sort of Mod Brutality.

How about this... let's have the Mods take a "vacation" for a week so we can see what happens to the forums. I'm sure many players will wish for some organization again.
    How about if I complain about people who blatantly mis-characterize posts? Read my OP again. Does it sound like "mods suck!" to you? I was simply explaining why I thought the proposal to compost every CP post into one giant heap was a bad idea. Did I say anything about any mods whatsoever? I don't think so. So don't imply I was "blasting" anyone, or trying to get people "wild up" (sic).
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    My Prodigal doesn't start until later tonight. Is it true that Command Points can be earned through placing in SUBS? If that's the case, I personally am okay with this.

For example on a 3 day event, because I grind at the end of sub, I always place high for the sub. I earn my Legendary on day 2 and quit. So I will fight people for those Command Points the first 2 days, but I won't fight on the third which will give people who need event placement rewards ample opportunity to overtake my ranking. I get a piece and they get a piece. Both happy.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

How about if I complain about people who blatantly mis-characterize posts? Read my OP again. Does it sound like "mods suck!" to you? I was simply explaining why I thought the proposal to compost every CP post into one giant heap was a bad idea. Did I say anything about any mods whatsoever? I don't think so. So don't imply I was "blasting" anyone, or trying to get people "wild up" (sic).

Hey simonsez, my post wasn't directed to you specifically but to everyone complaining about the mods in general. Your post just so happened to be the one on top that mentioned the Mods so I wrote this on yours. Perhaps I should have just made a separate discussion.
  • Malcrof

appreciate the sentiment, but the spam-bots alone make that an impossibility.