The "We're sorry" gesture for Galactus

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry (not sorry)
  • Lboogie
    Lboogie Posts: 55
    I agree lets try to stay calm...thats the default comp for server outage that we got in ultron ill gladly take it....now what else you got devs.
  • They still owe us the next progression for Galactus in my opinion. Many teams could have hit the next progression if the marjority of the teams weren't locked out as long as they were and could have put up many more points.
    How long was the outtage? Was it a full clear, or two?
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    If you greedy bastards aren't happy with the compensation, please open a ticket and have it transferred to me, IGN - Giltia

We're lucky to get anything
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly given that the servers were only shot for a few hours I feel like this is a pretty solid gesture.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:
    If you greedy bastards aren't happy with the compensation, please open a ticket and have it transferred to me, IGN - Giltia

We're lucky to get anything

i still like my round 1 token i never got along with all of the iron man covers i missed out on the first ultron i never got but NOPE will never see either
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    They still owe us the next progression for Galactus in my opinion. Many teams could have hit the next progression if the marjority of the teams weren't locked out as long as they were and could have put up many more points.
    How long was the outtage? Was it a full clear, or two?

Don't know about others, but I was still able to get in during the first 8 hours and get a full clear. In fact, the outtage saved me from wasting time on rounds 1-3. icon_razz.gif
  • 2000 iso only makes up for the 2K I didn't get finishing DDQ on Thu since the point cost screwed up.

100HP doesn't even buy me a Galactus token or a Simulator token- much less the deserved cyclops cover we could have gotten.

And that's not even counting the disaster that is the rest of the anniversary.
  • Nice to get free money again, thanks guys!

If I recall correctly it may have been less than 2 hours, certainly not much more than 3 at worst that servers were down. It was disappointing, sure, but most timezones would have had plenty of time to finish their 6 runs in the first 8 hour cycle so relatively few people should have had a major negative impact on their Galactus scores.

At the end of the day, where I am, the final 4 hour refresh was between 1am and 5am so I missed that altogether. Not expecting compensation though!
  • Nice to get free money again, thanks guys!

If I recall correctly it may have been less than 2 hours, certainly not much more than 3 at worst that servers were down. It was disappointing, sure, but most timezones would have had plenty of time to finish their 6 runs in the first 8 hour cycle so relatively few people should have had a major negative impact on their Galactus scores.

At the end of the day, where I am, the final 4 hour refresh was between 1am and 5am so I missed that altogether. Not expecting compensation though!
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    I think it's safe to say I'm unimpressed with the anniversary. I mean, I went to the effort of trawling through 26 pages of complaints to compile an easy-to-read version. That's not something you do when fuelled with delight. icon_lol.gif

But.

Let's maintain some perspective. This is just for server outage. It's about what I expected, and similar to compensation given for previous server issues. (I suppose I'm also not too annoyed because I actually slept right through rounds 1 and 2 ... free hp! Woo!) Nothing here has my overly annoyed.

Shall reserve judgement and punishment for when someone addresses the real problem, which was the event/anniversary itself.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    2000 ISO / 100 HP seems reasonable to me for the SERVER OUTAGE.
    For some, this might be a little low given what they missed, but for most, it's probably more than they would have earned.
  • Eppy35
    Eppy35 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Lystrata wrote:
    Shall reserve judgement and punishment for when someone addresses the real problem, which was the event/anniversary itself.

That's the way I am looking at it now. If this is just compensation for the server issue I think it is fine. But I really hope we get some explanation/accountability for how **** this anniversary was.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    looks like they stealth patched anniversary token odds, they got better
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    They still owe us the next progression for Galactus in my opinion. Many teams could have hit the next progression if the marjority of the teams weren't locked out as long as they were and could have put up many more points.

Bumping everyone up to their next level of personal and alliance progression seems like an obvious way for them to say sorry beyond the iso/HP for the outage itself. It would obviously be erring on the side of generous rather than stingy, but that would help to offset a lot of the negative feelings people have right now for the game.
  • Just chiming in…

This is specifically for the game being down at first, for which I'll gladly take the small token, "Whoops! Sorry about that!" gesture.

What say everyone goes back to sharpening the pitchforks and re-tarring the torches until D3/Demiurge talk to us about the event itself, yes? icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

After I opened my 10 pack. Awesome.
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker

After I opened my 10 pack. Awesome.

Same here. icon_mad.gif
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    So, if this was for a random server outage, I think the compensation would be fine.

But, this outage locked 8 members of my alliance out during the first clear.

We were well into round 4 when the rest of the alliance was able to join after the 1st refresh of the nodes.

Particularly for people who didn't have the few characters that allowed them to do ok against Galactus in the later rounds, being shut out really limited their ability to contribute to the alliance score.

We were only 300K short of finishing round 8 when it ended.

If I'm going to make an argument that compensation should be greater, it's going to be based on that overall pattern.

I think fair compensation would involve providing the alliances who participated in the event with the next tier of awards and those who were able to complete the event should be provided with a Legendary token.

I have no expectation of this happening because D3 has repeatedly demonstrated a pattern of stinginess when it comes to providing any type of digital compensation due to errors on their part. But, I believe it would be the decent thing to do.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:

Bumping everyone up to their next level of personal and alliance progression seems like an obvious way for them to say sorry beyond the iso/HP for the outage itself. It would obviously be erring on the side of generous rather than stingy, but that would help to offset a lot of the negative feelings people have right now for the game.
    I second this notion, my alliance would have clear 8 IF we had the time to do it, and the guy that posted above about the server only being down a few hours, u are unaware or missing the point...the servers went down then locked the next round for at least 8 hours so it added to the down time plus skipped at least 1 round for the majority of people, mine was round 3, I did not get to play it at all