Has this been anyone else's Anniversary experience?

Arimis_Thorn
Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Your move:

Match a color

AI move:

CASCADE CASCADE CASCADE CASCADE POWER POWER POWER CASCADE POWER DEAD

Over and over and over. My roster and health packs are being wiped out with the same frequency as during Galactus.

Just me?

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    It happens yes. It's why my son has quit and returned several times over.

"Daddy it's not fair"

"No son it's just confirmation bias, you just forget all the times the cascades have benefited you. Now quit complaining"

Is how I imagine the people who will respond thusly to you must talk to their kids.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    I don't forget my beneficial cascades. I'm just seeing them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less often.
  • Your move:

Match a color

AI move:

CASCADE CASCADE CASCADE CASCADE POWER POWER POWER CASCADE POWER DEAD

Over and over and over. My roster and health packs are being wiped out with the same frequency as during Galactus.

Just me?

Not mine, but then, I'd have to actually be playing to experience cascades… icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

I saw a bunch of unfriendly cascades in Galactus, the "anniversary celebration" event that just about wiped out any remaining love I had for MPQ.

Finished DDQ this morning (4th Dp Red, 4/5/3, almost there…), skipped about 50 PvP fights to find one that was attemptable, only 90 levels above mine (thanks as always to $ilver $urfer for your assistance with my scaling and MMR), won it, realized I have little to no shot at winning anything of value, shut down MPQ until tomorrow morning.

We'll see what tomorrow brings...

DBC
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    It's been sad. This was supposed to be fun and have tons of ISO and covers and make you feel good about playing MPQ. Instead, all I get are 2 star.png from the anniversary tokens, 2 star.png from Galactus tokens, getting wiped out in 2 turns against Galactus, and just not having fun. I get that Galactus is supposed to be hard, but there are no points available in that event besides beating him! If you wanted us to lose, why put the only way to get good points in beating him??? It's a big "F You" to the player base. If they plan on keeping Galactus hard to beat, make the minion nodes worth a TON of points. Either way, this is confirmation bias that the devs really don't want us to be able to earn covers.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Nellyson wrote:
    It's been sad. This was supposed to be fun and have tons of ISO and covers and make you feel good about playing MPQ. Instead, all I get are 2 star.png from the anniversary tokens, 2 star.png from Galactus tokens, getting wiped out in 2 turns against Galactus, and just not having fun. I get that Galactus is supposed to be hard, but there are no points available in that event besides beating him! If you wanted us to lose, why put the only way to get good points in beating him??? It's a big "F You" to the player base. If they plan on keeping Galactus hard to beat, make the minion nodes worth a TON of points. Either way, this is confirmation bias that the devs really don't want us to be able to earn covers.

Its not confirmation bias, its a confirmation. ICE even said that we are giving you the chance for 3 4* if you can beat our unbeatable game. How generous of them.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    My anniversary experience has been star.pngstar.png

Because that is all pulling
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    My anniversary experience has been star.pngstar.png

Because that is all pulling
    Exactly this.

Before the galactus mess went on, I was going to at least grab a 10 pack and use this week to expedite my 3 star transition but LOL fat chance of that.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    In the interest of full disclosure, I just had a series of beneficial cascades in Simulator that basically had me win in 2 turns.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    In the interest of full disclosure, I just had a series of beneficial cascades in Simulator that basically had me win in 2 turns.

Nice. No cascades but I had one of the kindest boards I can remember in sim 7. Match 5s kept appearing. It was like rko out of nowhere every 3 turns icon_e_smile.gif