Today's 4* DDQ Match (4hor vs Rags) Success Rates

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5/2/3 lvl 166 got him on the 2nd try.
  • 166 3/2/4- beat first try even w/ some bad luck. Rags got two blue match fives to fall to him early on, still managed to win. Pulled a third thor yellow.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    herm1978 wrote:
    Level 131, 1/3/2. Lost once. Have a hard time seeing how I am supposed to do enough damage to win. Maybe if I had 3 redflag.png instead of 3 yellowflag.png

And that was my last hope of winning another DDQ4 (lucked out with XF and won easily with IW). After Galactus I'm not keen on playing more and just wishing for luck. Maybe we should replace the P in MPQ with L for luck?

(yeah, I'm a little bitter right now icon_cry.gif )

I thought; what the hell, might as well use max boosts (+2 all colors, +100% all match dmg, +50% red/yellow dmg) and try it. Bound to be more fun than Galactus. Managed to win on the second try with boosts. Saved up for 2x blueflag.png + 2,5x redflag.png and was lucky he helped me with some charged tiles icon_e_smile.gif
  • 2nd try with level 120 Thor at 5/4/3.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    3/4/1 took four tries. Because I didn't think to boost blue.... /facepalm

But once I did that, it was difficult but doable.
  • 2/2/0 Thoress didn't stand a chance. Need to be able to stun
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    TazFTW wrote:
    Level 135 4/1/1. Tried about 7 times and have given up. I figure that I would need to get blue to at least 3 covers to pull it off.

After some sleep, try #8 was successful. Using +2 B/P AP, +2 R/Y AP, and +2 All AP.

Power Surge
    match 3
    Striking Distance
    Power Surge
    match 3
    Smite
    Smite
    match 3 red with a charged tile that powered up Smite again and dropped a match 5 black which gave me another turn to Smite him into oblivion

icon_antman.pngyellowflag.png was my reward
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Did it with my level 247 5/4/4 on the third try. First two boards were awful, but my persistence paid off with OML red.
  • Beat it on the first try with maxed GThor. But I think the match took 10 minutes due to a pink/yellow board. Promptly redeemed my token for 1000 ISO (black xforce).
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have tried and failed twice with my 0/2/0 thor. I fear no challenge (except galactus) I shirk from no bully (except galactus) but alas my thor was downed in 15 turns much to my dismay ( I did a simply amazing job of denial) on my second attempt I was downed in less than 7 moves. One day the undercover lover will reap the rewards from his efforts...but not today.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I won this on my seventh try with my 3/4/1 level 172 4Thor. I nearly gave up, as five, *FIVE* of those six failures ended with Ragnarok at full or near-full health due to every-fourth-turn lightning rod merriment.

Seventh attempt:
    +2 yellow/red
    +2 blue/purple
    + 100% damage
    On the seventh attempt I got lucky with a match-five-red opener, and he only managed to get off two lightning rods. By the grace of the tile gods the board was starved for green the entire match.

The token yielded a black x-force. That was fine by me, as that brings my X-wolf up to 4/2/3. I shudder when I recall the horrific time my 4/1/3 had with the Cyclops fight, so maybe that extra cover in black will help next time the fight rolls around.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Second try. Used AP boosts in Red and Blue to make sure that I could get a stun lock going.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    My 2 yellowflag.png level 70 Thoress lasted longer than most of my battles vs. Galactus. I even got two powers off!
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Took 6 tries with my 2/4/1 Lvl 152 Thoress. Boosted 100% Match Damage, 2 B/P, 2 R/Y.

Most of my failures were due to a red-starved board, so I could only cast one Smite per match. The time I won I was able to get off two back to back. I was down to 800 health by the end.

Got an XF yellowflag.png
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I don't think very many people got it this time. I'm ranked 65th right now with 20k some odd points because I haven't eaten my enchalada and a couple other nodes yet. Either people forgot, couldnt do it or are so pissed over the Anniversary Events sucking that they aren't playing.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Took about 7-8 tries, but got it with my lvl 131 2/1/3 Thor, with assorted boosts. Ended with 337 hp!
    (I think I was down to using crit and team up boosts icon_e_biggrin.gif )

This is my first 4* daily I've been able to do so I'm happy.

Looking on leaderboard around me, I'm far and away the lowest covered Thor in my set of 10. All the rest have at least 9 covers, and only one other has as few as two red covers.
  • My 4hor is 4/4/1. Started at lvl 70 for a couple tries - miserable failure. Leveled to 100, failed some more. Leveled to 130.....140....166 and finally won. Hardest one yet for me. 4hor really got hit hard with the nerf bat. Her abilities really just don't do a lot of damage for her level.
  • Lost 3x then i decided to check here mid fight with 4k health left...saw someone say deny green. Did that and won that match easily!

AND PULLED SILVER SURFER WOOT!
  • It was very challenging with my 3/5/4 Lv166. Barely won on third try. 10 health left! I'm glad I didn't sell off my 4th and 5th yellow covers as I needed every little bit and don't want to level 4*s past 166 until key members have ideal specs.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    First try with level 167 5/3/5 with AP boosts. Only had like 2k left.