I'm waving the white flag, who's with me? (4*DDQ DPvsXF)

san
san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
This thread it in direct opposition to the winners of DPvsXF thread. Just wondering how many others gave up trying?

Just to be clear, I never thought that my 2/0/0 DP would have a chance, so I'm not surprised. This is also not a whining/blaming thread, so please keep that to yourself. I just sincerely wonder how many gave it a really good shot and lost? Personally, I did use boosts, and the best I got was XF down to ~2500 health.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have the same build xfdp and got him down to 2100 before he matched hisbown recovery tile on me. I about threw my phone as I had crits boosted and one ready to be made. This was the end of my damage boosts so the end of my attempts.
  • rdevil32
    rdevil32 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    My Xdp is also 2/0/0. I have tried 50 times (using healthpacks from tacos) and closest was hitting Xf down to 900 health.

For our efforts and being so close to finishing, can we have a consolation prize please? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    2/1/1. Couldn't come close even with boosts.

Thor is gonna be easy for me if I can level up enough first, though- have 10 covers.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    One black cover XDP = no dice.
  • I may have had high hopes, but after no attempts, my 0/0/0 XDP just didn't cut the mustard against NC17.

Very tough match up, have done well out of the prior nodes.. just found my 4* not able to exist enough to secure the victory.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:
    2/1/1. Couldn't come close even with boosts.

Thor is gonna be easy for me if I can level up enough first, though- have 10 covers.

My best attempt with 2/0/1 got XFW down to 800 health before he killed me with his recovery tile. 25 attempts later, I'm giving up.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't give up, I was convinced it could be done with only 2 covers. Alas time ran out before I could defeat my foe. I'll await him next time
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I stink. Alot of players have done it with the same or less but not me.

Level 120 4\1\0

Shame. icon_e_sad.gif
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I'm not sure if using 20 healthpacks is giving up, but I never won! Does that count? 1/0/1 icon_deadpool.png didn't have a chance.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/1/0, 12 tries, never gave up.. but didn't win either.. so not sure where this one belongs lol.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    3/1/1.

So much anger. *shrugs* It only got to me because some people in the forums were saying how they did it with so much less icon_lol.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried a couple of times with my puny 1/0/0 dude unboosted. I learned my lesson from the previous rounds not to waste too much time on these. I'll have a better chance when star lord and ant man get their turns. They have 5 and 4 purple covers, respectively, so I can actually dish out a decent amount of damage.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    JordonLee wrote:
    3/1/1.

So much anger. *shrugs* It only got to me because some people in the forums were saying how they did it with so much less icon_lol.gif

I had a 2/0/0 DPXF and got close a few times without ever crossing the finish line.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fell way short with my 2/-/-. didn't count them all but probably threw ~20 tries at it throughout the day, consistently using +2 r/y and +50% for r/y and g/b (full iso boosting, but not using any hp boosts). never really thought I would make it but I never got him below 5000 health. was never close - ever. most successful tries I got enough red for 2 abilities, but it just didn't hit hard enough and I didn't have enough health to take anything. keeping him off of black first, but also yellow and green long enough for 3-4 castings of red (42-56 red AP), just wasn't going to happen.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    2/2/0 106, and then 2/3/0 117 Deadpool failed to complete this mission in 18+ tries. The closest Deadpool came to winning was 3000 hp.

Butts.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • I only have 3-4 reasonably covered 4*'s, so it'll basically be ~6 months before they cycle around again and I bother to even try at the 4* DPD, although to be 100% honest, I'll probably be finished with MPQ after anniversary week, assuming no other changes are made to facilitating the 4* transition.

Not bitter, just disappointed.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Tried off and on through-out the day, but never with any real conviction. My 2/1/0 DP had little chance.

I feel like the even needs tuning to make it useful for folks like us - those that have solid 3* rosters and are looking to progress into 4* characters.

I can hit 1000 in PvP, and have 31 fully covered 3* characters... seems like the event should be geared towards me. But it reality, it's geared to people that already have a fully covered 4* to do battle with.
  • Lboogie
    Lboogie Posts: 55
    1/1/1 knew going in there was little hope. Only tried like 6 times hoping to get lucky. Bring on thoress- ant man and carnage lol
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Lboogie wrote:
    1/1/1 knew going in there was little hope. Only tried like 6 times hoping to get lucky. Bring on thoress- ant man and carnage lol

Just wondering where it says the next 3 characters? Someone else mentioned 4* Thor - is she next?
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Tried 15 times with my 3/0/0

FATALITY.

Me. Totally ravaged. Every time. Rage quit. Throws phone.