POLL: What Do You Think of Iceman's Art?

1235»

Comments

• Yeah, poor Bobby - I think he looks like a grown-up version of Casper the Friendly Ghost.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I actually really like his animations and the odd snow texture.

The thing that bugs me most is that his selection screen headshot has his neck twisted in such a way that what would be skin folds on a human look like snow gills. It's so weird.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Haetron wrote:
    After seeing it in action and not just static screenshots, I actually like it a lot more, to be honest.
    I actually really like his animations and the odd snow texture.

The thing that bugs me most is that his selection screen headshot has his neck twisted in such a way that what would be skin folds on a human look like snow gills. It's so weird.

This. During "Ice Breaker" the animations grew on me, and I could better see what the artist were trying to represent.
    Personally I believe the only issue is the pose in the roster. It looks like a pose Iceman wouldn't naturally enter.

If his body was generally pointing up/forwards while sliding rather than a dead-on stare with his limbs going everywhere and what seems to be a standstill from his slide I could see the art style working.

On an unrelated note I wish we had more comic-based versions of icon_ironman.png (Hulkbuster) icon_quicksilver.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_vision.png and icon_antman.png
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the animations but I'm really not a fan of the art. He should be called snowman. I think if his smile were showing some teeth then he wouldn't look so vacant and dumb. I'd prefer to see the ice-man from the uncanny x-men but I'm not gonna toss him just because his art sucks icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Uncanny Valley Dancing Casper IceBaby