That's a bit... Unfortunate.

boldfacedfemme
boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I'm playing the Stretch Goals pvp. Doing the usual. Then the other team matches my IF attack tile (grrr). Next thing I know, Mr F pops up his passive yellowflag.png and it sounds like he just ripped a wet fart.

Seriously? That's the sfx you went with? I get it's supposed to be a stretching rubber sound, but.. Nah.

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    There's sound???

Forgot i turned it off months ago, seems to play better without it unless their are audible alerts for things?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play with the sound off too. The only thing I miss is the sound when new countdowns are added to the board. Sometimes I don't notice for a turn.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK's heal sound is worth turning the volume up a little at times.. no idea why i enjoy it.. makes you feel like you accomplished something... or dinner is ready..
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play with the sound off too. The only thing I miss is the sound when new countdowns are added to the board. Sometimes I don't notice for a turn.
    I turned the sound from nearly inaudible to silent after a coworker accused me of going to the bathroom just to play MPQ. This criticism was entirely accurate, but undesirable.

So what I'm saying is maybe I should turn it back up, just for Mr. Fantastic?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    I turned the sound from nearly inaudible to silent after a coworker accused me of going to the bathroom just to play MPQ. This criticism was entirely accurate, but undesirable.

So what I'm saying is maybe I should turn it back up, just for Mr. Fartastic?

Fixed it for ya
  • boldfacedfemme
    It's worth it. What makes that passive ability even funnier is the animation. It's like he pops up, flash his **** at you a la cyclops, and farts in your general direction.

You have to hear it a least once.
  • boldfacedfemme
    Oh, and I have to play with sound on. Even if it's just barely audible. No idea why, but it helps me with my matching and such. I tried playing on silent.. And just can't play well.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I turned the sound off ages ago because Venom's SFX squicks me out. And since he's able to spam his stun fairly regularly...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haha when I saw the title I thought it was gonna be a rant about the Ridiculously Lucky AI. I mean, two successive Match-5s following two Match 4s. Twice.

Thought the same. Was going to remark how I was doing the Quicksilver PvP and the AI got a cascade and matched 3 blues in a row, knocking 3500 HP off me within 2 moves. 3 moves later Scarlet Witch used her purple so it was basically all over in less than 10 turns.