So I'm opening a taco...

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
and I try to double-click to just circumvent the **** animation. Nothing happens. I do it again. Nothing happens. I alt-tab out and back and do it again, nothing happens. It starts scrolling by with Deadpool (4), Squirrel Girl, Professor X, Human Torch (3), etc all in a row.

meanwhile I am clicking like a madman JUST LET ME OFF THIS STUPID RIDE AND SHOW ME WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO FOIST ON ME ALREADY and it's not opening the token. it's just taunting me with everything in the vault I might possibly want.

Finally, out of frustration I click a single time and...oh sure here have Daken (2). that what you wanted?

For the love of all that's holy please kill that useless **** animation.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    it's not cute, it's not fun, and it doesn't in any way enhance my experience when I'm opening a taco. It was mildly neat the first time when it looked like 'oh hey can I steer it toward something I want?' It took all of three tacos to make it evident that, nope, it was just a visual effect, and it has been nothing but frustration and anger since.

seriously. get rid of it. have colossus perform a fastball special at the coast of the Atlantic.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was hoping for some kind of joke. I understand your frustration with tacos (or tokens in general after my 40pk experience). I agree, if we do not control what we pull based on when we press the vault then give us the option to turn of the animation.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Completely agree.

The vault opening animation is just a waste of time and computing power. Hope the legendary tokens don't have a similarly absurd opening animation.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Completely agree.

The vault opening animation is just a waste of time and computing power. Hope the legendary tokens don't have a similarly absurd opening animation.

They don't, it's similar to the 4* pull except it's a nice cosmic purple. Feel free to buy a 40pk to see icon_lol.gif
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:
    For the love of all that's holy please kill that useless tinykitty animation.

I asked for that when the vault first appeared, as did many others.

I've not heard a single voice say, "Yes, I love the animation. I want more." Many have asked for the animation to be removed.

Yet it's still there.

<sigh>
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    People tend not to point out stuff they are indifferent about.
    So the loudest voices will be from people who want change. You rarely see ralleys for "EVERYTHING'S FINE. WE'RE ALL QUITE CONTENT THANK YOU."
    What do we want? NOTHING! When do we want it? EH, DON'T MIND REALLY.

It's safer to assume the thousands of people who haven't voiced an opinion on the animation actually don't mind one way or another compared to the few dozen people who grump about it.