Change PvP match-making to restrict "double-tapping"

Dayv
Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
A lot of players get (probably legitimately) annoyed when they see they've been hit by the same player two, three, or more times, dragging their score into the muck. It's not fun, and it raises tensions between people.

This afternoon, I heard through the grapevine that a player was mad at me for hitting them twice in a row -- even though the first time I lost the match and the second time they were shielded before I won. To me, that seems excessive, but let's move on...

My suggestion: Do not match a player with someone they have recently beaten in that specific PvP event. Put a cooldown in place before they can even see that player again to queue them up. Nothing outrageous, maybe an hour or three.

The problem: Often, there already aren't enough decent value fights around to climb without hitting the same big fish when you find them. Scores probably go down a little overall, and the number of times you find yourself cycling through the same three 4-point opponents will go up. This needs to come hand-in-hand with other match-making improvements.

Comments

• DayvBang wrote:
    A lot of players get (probably legitimately) annoyed when they see they've been hit by the same player two, three, or more times, dragging their score into the muck. It's not fun, and it raises tensions between people.

This afternoon, I heard through the grapevine that a player was mad at me for hitting them twice in a row -- even though the first time I lost the match and the second time they were shielded before I won. To me, that seems excessive, but let's move on...

My suggestion: Do not match a player with someone they have recently beaten in that specific PvP event. Put a cooldown in place before they can even see that player again to queue them up. Nothing outrageous, maybe an hour or three.

The problem: Often, there already aren't enough decent value fights around to climb without hitting the same big fish when you find them. Scores probably go down a little overall, and the number of times you find yourself cycling through the same three 4-point opponents will go up. This needs to come hand-in-hand with other match-making improvements.

A suggestion: You cannot hit the same player twice in a row; you cannot see him while skipping until you have completed another 1 or 2 matches. I understand the 1-3 hours idea of yours, but it seems kinda excessive. Also if the player you're double tapping is still not shielded after you complete 2 other matches, I don't think you can blame yourself for being a tinykitty for his/her slowness in hops.

I'm, of course, referring to players who have hit above 1,000 points in my example. Good topic. I would love to see constructive ideas about this, even though I'm not too bothered when someone double taps me. That means I need to be quicker in between hops. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    You could also just lower the score you get (and what the victim loses) if you hit the same person multiple time in a short amount of time. A cool-down timer just like in PvE, essentially.