Satanno's Silly Stack of Season Seventeen Surprises

El Satanno
El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Alliteration ahoy!

Another season down, another giant stack of tokens to open up. Just as before, I only paid attention to 3* or 4* pulls. Numbers in parentheses indicate how many tokens I had for a given event.
  • 234 silver tokens
  • 87 mixed gold tokens
  • 1 Heroic 10-pack
The pulls:
Silver tokens
Storm (green)
Captain Marvel (black)
Gamora (black, 2)
Blade (purple)
Luke Cage (black)
Spider-Man (purple)
Hulk (red)
Loki (green)

Heroic tokens (28)
Daredevil (purple)
Spider-Man (yellow)
Black Panther (blue)
Nick Fury (yellow)

Heroic 10-pack
Vision (blue)
Captain America (yellow)
Elektra (purple)
Storm (black)

Enemy of the State (6)
Daredevil (red)
Squirrel Girl (yellow)
Blade (green)
Thor (yellow)

Juggernaut: Heroic (4)
Psylocke (red)

The Hulk (1)
Psylocke (blue)

Thick as Thieves (1)
Vision (red)

Deadpool Vs. MPQ (3)
Iron Fist (purple)

Fresh Cut (3)
Kamala Khan (yellow)

Balance of Power (2)
She-Hulk (green)

Lord of Thunder (3)
Beast (green)

Unholy Outlaw (3)
Colossus (yellow)

Fist Bump (3)
Nick Fury (blue)

Grey Matter (3)
Falcon (yellow)

Krakadoom! (3)
Punisher (red)

Pool Party (3)
Quicksilver (blue)
X-Force Deadpool (purple)
Daken (black)

The following event tokens paid out nothing:
Dark Avengers: Heroic (3)
Iso-8 Brotherhood (6)
Hafl-Inch Hero (3)
Sticks And Stones (3)
Fatal Attraction (3)
Doctor's Orders (3)

Grand Iso total from cover sales: 60,050

Conclusions and (purely subjective) observations:
  1. Heroic tokens hate my **** with a passion. Only that Fury cover kept me from pooping on my phone in disgust at the paltry offerings.
  2. 10-pack still treating me okay. And hey, even a 4*...oh wait, it's Elektra...and her **** cover... :/
  3. Continuing the trend from last season, I only needed 5 covers that I pulled. Four of them were 4* characters. Tokens are effectively meaningless at this phase.
  4. Ironically, the two Fury covers were exactly what I needed for him, leaving me with only one yellow remaining to complete a 3/5/5 build and getting him up as my second maxed 4*.
  5. Deadpool loves me, paying out 100% on tokens and giving me the only cover of his I had at that point.
  6. Trying to bracket snipe Hulk PvE was the dumbest thing I've done up to now. Apart from missing out on all the node and placement rewards, I failed miserably by entering into an almost full bracket. Smooooooooth...
  7. Iso-Bros...we used to be bros. But you totally dissed me. I have no regrets about pounding your misshapen mutant **** into paste now.
  8. Overall, the percentage of bum events is much lower. Sure, it's just luck, but interesting all the same.

And there it is. Once more I go forth, keeping everything in my little squirrel hole until the end of next season. Until next time, True Believers!

Comments