Thor (Marvel NOW!) - 2*

kensterr
kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2015 in MPQ Character Discussion
icon_thor.pngThor (Marvel NOW!) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Mjolnir’s Might
Power Cost - 8 redtile.png

Thor brings his hammer down on the enemy and the magical energies of his hammer begin to charge his next strike.

Character Level 15:
    Power Level 1 - Deals 83 damage and changes 3 random tiles into yellowtile.png basic tiles.
    Power Level 2 - 116 damage.
    Power Level 3 - Increased damage.
    Power Level 4 - Increased damage.
    Power Level 5 - 216 damage.

Character Level 94:
      Power Level 3 - Deals 772 damage and changes 3 random tiles into yellowtile.png basic tiles.
      Power Level 4 - 944 damage.
      Power Level 5 - 1115 damage.

Thunder Strike
      Power Cost - 12 yellowtile.png

A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the target. A storm is brewing.

Character Level 15:
        Power Level 1 - Deals 154 damage and changes 4 random tiles into greentile.png basic tiles.
        Power Level 2 - 5 greentile.png.
        Power Level 3 - 6 greentile.png.
        Power Level 4 - 7 greentile.png.
        Power Level 5 - 9 greentile.png.

Character Level 94:
          Power Level 3 - Deals 796 damage and changes 4 random tiles into greentile.png basic tiles.
          Power Level 4 - 7 greentile.png.
          Power Level 5 - 9 greentile.png.

Call The Storm
          Power Cost - 14 greentile.png

Thor summons a violent storm to smite the enemy. The rage of the heavens rains down on the battlefield.

Character Level 15:
            Power Level 1 - Deals 119 damage to all enemies and an additional 119 damage to the target.
            Power Level 2 - 143 damage to all enemies and an additional 143 damage to the target.
            Power Level 3 - 167 damage to all enemies and an additional 167 damage to the target.
            Power Level 4 - 190 damage to all enemies and an additional 190 damage to the target.
            Power Level 5 - Increased damage to all enemies and additional damage to the target.

Character Level 94:
              Power Level 3 - Deals 858 damage to all enemies and an additional 858 damage to the target.
              Power Level 4 - 981 damage to all enemies and an additional 981 damage to the target.
              Power Level 5 - 1103 damage to all enemies and an additional 1103 damage to the target.

Last Major Update: 2014-01 / Earlier Discussion

Original post:
              So is 5/3/5 a good built now, with the announced re-spec?
              Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• MarcusGraves
                MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
                kensterr wrote:

what? no way, max that yellow for a 9 green tile drop and green for team damage, red isn't the star anymore since its down to 3 yellow and bumped to 8 cost.
              • kensterr
                kensterr wrote:

what? no way, max that yellow for a 9 green tile drop and green for team damage, red isn't the star anymore since its down to 3 yellow and bumped to 8 cost.

It's either 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 now since my red is maxed before this re-spec icon_e_sad.gif
              • MarcusGraves
                kensterr wrote:
                kensterr wrote:

It's either 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 now since my red is maxed before this re-spec icon_e_sad.gif

well whenever we get the ability to respec that is what id pick, but the yellow should be max since each rank will give more green tiles up to 9
              • kensterr
                Sorry if this sounds silly, I'm still new to the game - by respec do people mean start the character all over again from scratch? There are no ways to remove a cover/power once it's set, right?
              • MarcusGraves
                kensterr wrote:
                Sorry if this sounds silly, I'm still new to the game - by respec do people mean start the character all over again from scratch? There are no ways to remove a cover/power once it's set, right?

correct you can't switch covers around once they are on the character, but they've said we might get the option to do so in the future
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                And this is why respec needs to be here already. From the new stats, I would have built my Thor 3/5/5 not 5/5/3, so D3 make this so ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              • My level 65 5/3/5 Thor is okay with this. Still not fully optimal, but I don't feel so bad about butchering him.
              • TheHood
                TheHood Posts: 107
                edited June 2014
                Ohh c***k, now I have to throw my 5/5/3 away in the trash! icon_cry.gif
                Now Thor is totally a different character, especially his yellow and green skills; we absolutely need respec's option!
              • MarcusGraves
                TheHood wrote:
                Ohh c***k, now I have to throw my 5/5/3 away in the trash! icon_cry.gif
                With Ragnarok I don't say anything, Tehy nerfed only the red skill, but now Thor is totally a different character, especially his yellow and green skills!

don't trash him, we might get respecs some point down the line, 3/5/5 is more effective now but he isn't exactly destroyed being 5/5/3 until then
              • I just get hit by Thor yellow. I had 2 spidey protect tile so it was only about 400 damage - for 12AP
              • grimeon wrote:
                My level 65 5/3/5 Thor is okay with this. Still not fully optimal, but I don't feel so bad about butchering him.

You and me both. I would prefer him to be 3.5.5 but I'm not going to scrap him at level 74 to do it. I've run him through a few games and 5.3.5 works fine. I'll wait for if/when we get a respec feature.
              • After the nerf i look at my 5/5/3 thor and i see him broken.

The red tile generation is almost gone, making this ability useless (there are better damage abilities)
                I like the yellow change from a heavy damage to a tile generator.
                And the green now is his main nuke similar to GBW greens.

At lvl 4 it will do 1781 damage to target and 890 to other enemies, I think that at lvl 5 it will be 2000 and 1000

I think that his optimal build will be 3/5/5.
              • My Thor sucks now! You guys should offer a respec! Red sucks now. Now my Thor is a total loser.
              • nihilium
                nihilium Posts: 242
                [anchor=thor2]Thor (Marvel NOW!)[/anchor]
                2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
                At Max Level: HP: 5880 Tile damage: 49/55/10/09/43/11/3.5
                  Mjolnir’s Might - Red 8 AP
                  Thor brings his hammer down on the enemy, dealing 44 damage. The magical energies of his hammer begin to charge his next strike, adding 3 Yellow tiles to the board.
                    Level 2: Deals 62 damage. Level 3: Deals 79 damage. Level 4: Deals 97 damage. Level 5: Deals 114 damage.
                  Max Level: 1011 damage
                    Thunder Strike - Yellow 12 AP
                    A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the target, dealing 81 damage. A storm is brewing; 4 Green tiles are added to the board.
                      Level 2: 5 Green tiles. Level 3: 6 Green tiles. Level 4: 7 Green tiles. Level 5: 9 Green tiles.
                    Max Level: Deals 723 damage and Converting 9 tiles to green.
                      Call The Storm - Green 14 AP
                      Thor summons a violent storm to smite the enemy. The rage of the heavens rains down on the battlefield, dealing 125 damage to the target and 63 damage to other enemies.
                        Level 2: Deals 150 damage to target, 76 damage to other enemies. Level 3: Deals 175 damage to target, 88 damage to other enemies. Level 4: Deals 200 damage to target, 101 damage to other enemies. Level 5: Deals 225 damage to target, 113 damage to other enemies.
                      Max Level: Dealing 2003 damage to target and 1001 damage to others.

(original post below)

Since there doesnt seem to be a thread for the new Thor, I thought Id make one..
                      I guess thats less confusing than the old post with the wrong stats on the first page ^^
                      RED ABILITY - Mjolnir's Might
                      • Deals 44 damage to the current target and converts 3 basic tiles to Yellow.

Cost: 8 AP

Upgrades:
                      • Level 2: 62 damage
                      • Level 3: 79 damage
                      • Level 4: 97 damage
                      • Level 5: 114 damage

New Skill Max (Level 85, skill at 5)
                      • Mjolnir’s Might – 1011 damage

YELLOW ABILITY - Thunder Strike
                      • Deals 81 damage to the current target and converts 4 basic tiles to Green.

Cost: 12 AP

Upgrades:
                      • Level 2: 5 Green tiles
                      • Level 3: 6 Green tiles
                      • Level 4: 7 Green tiles
                      • Level 5: 9 Green tiles

• Thunder Strike – 723 damage

GREEN ABILITY - Call the Storm
                      • Deals 125 damage to current target and 63 to the rest of the team

Cost: 14 AP

Upgrades:
                      • Level 2: 150 damage to target, 76 to others
                      • Level 3: 175 damage to target, 88 to others
                      • Level 4: 200 damage to target, 101 to others
                      • Level 5: 225 damage to target, 113 to others

• Call the Storm – 2003 damage to target, 1001 damage to other enemies

... so what do you guys think?

3/5/5
                      to use Thunder Strike to collect AP for Call for Storm?

or maybe

5/3/5
                      to deal dmg with Mjolnir’s Might while and just wait for the other skills to happen over time?

Just 5/5/3 doesnt seem to make much sense anyway.. unless u just need him to collect green for another char?

Insights please? :3

(and plox no more posts of "just delete him and the entire game".. its just no helpfull at all :/
                      New player will get covers for him again and will need help to decide, no matter what u think of the changes ^^)
                    • 3/5/5 for me.

If I use him, I would likely have better 2* reds like new Wolvie red, Magneto 4/5/4 red, or even Hawkeye red. I don't know much about Ares' red yet though. Overall, there seems to be plenty of good red skills to use so don't be forced to use his new weak red skill.
                    • Unfortunately the red skill was killed, not due to increased cost or nerfed damage/ap, but because generating 3 basic tiles in random places is inconsequential about 95% of the time (0,375 tiles per AP spent, moreover so)
                    • 3/5/5 for me.

If I use him, I would likely have better 2* reds like new Wolvie red, Magneto 4/5/4 red, or even Hawkeye red. I don't know much about Ares' red yet though. Overall, there seems to be plenty of good red skills to use so don't be forced to use his new weak red skill.

+ 1

I sold him to power level my Punisher. But will definitely build him 3/5/5 in the future for the same reason mentioned.
                    • NorthernPolarity
                      NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
                      I think the only important thing is that you go 5 on yellow. The damage on the other 2 abilities probably isn't as relevant as you go into a 3* roster.
                    • Sure yellow 5 is no-brainer, but how about comparing 4/5/4 to 3/5/5?

IUC the difference is only a 10%-ish bump in damage. If he happens to sit alone on red or the competition red is much higher (we have a plenty at 14 or 12), it may have its use. While the green is quite expensive so sits for later -- and it is also in heavy competition similar to red.
                    • nihilium
                      nihilium Posts: 242
                      My problem is, his red is kinda his only not-completely expensive skill... No matter how weak the yellow-time-creation is now *sigh*
                      Imagine him alone on the field and.. yeah green and yellow will just take forever to do anything at all.

On the other hand greens dmg really looks awesome.. but I could just use c storm and be happy about the stun >.>

When I think about what his skills would work nice with I kinda always have to think about hulk lol

I mean they should be able to make awesome cascades, shouldnt they? Maybe throw in some strike tiles to make it more fun?
                      Any thought about that? :3