So...it happened (Don't call it a comeback!)

CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Let's just call it a glitch instead of an AI cheat (yes I'm going there).

So, I'm in PVP. It's down to me with She Hulk vs AI with Luke Cage. It's been a loooonnng match. We both have protect tiles out (SHulk had been stealing some every so often), and we were basically each doing 1 point of match damage to each other while I slowly built red AP to do some Power of Attorney action.

Both my SHulk and the enemy Cage had in the range of 3-4K health left. I had Furious Charge primed and ready if Cage got too much Yellow or Black for comfort.

I checked Cage AP levels (playing on mobile). Cage had exactly 7 yellow AP. I make a match 3 and deal my 1 pt damage.

Then...wham. Righteous Uppercut. And game over.

Cage didn't move the board. He didn't create a cascade to create 6 extra yellow AP. He was alone - no feeders of any kind. He just smacked SHulk upside the head and ended the match. I actually just shook my head. I wasn't that mad (though it did cost me like 35 points on PVP) - just kinda stunned. It actually happened. The AI used an ability for which it didn't have the necessary AP.

Like I said - I guess I'll chalk it up to a glitch and not a "cheat" since the AI doesn't cheat...but that said, I also from now on won't be so quick to dismiss all the conspiracy talk about AI cheating - even if 99% of it is just bias or hysteria. But my match proved that glitches do happen. I don't think the AI felt I "had" to lose - it just thought it somehow had more AP than it actually had.

(And no, I wasn't recording the match. So no, I don't have any proof other than my own eyes and 600 days of playing experience)

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i've seen some things too. people think we're crazy, but we're not. then they say. well you didn't record it, so it's not true, but like i have said before. who is recording themselves play? maybe some people do. but the vast majority most of the time (like 99.99999% ??) are not. maybe it's a glitch. a cheat. whatever it is, things definitely happen.

i'm with you.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I believe you 200%.

I have seen some Loch Ness / Sasquatch things too. Well most days i play TBH.

Not to discount what you've said but could the Righteous Annoyacut of been a TU power?

At least once a PVP i am playing in a match and without fail im winning a long string of matches. Then the Screw You cascade kicks in. Then the impossible happens. Its a twilight zone of possibilities.

And i have seen on many occasions that the team im playing against has a TU power go off for one of the players that is on their team.

E.g. In your case Righteous Crappercut.

Either way. Annoying.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    You can't use a team up if you are using that character.
  • CaptainFreaky
    grunth13 wrote:

That's correct, and in any case the AI had already used their TU earlier in the match (like I mentioned: SHulk vs. Cage = looooonnnng match).

I think it's happened before, but this was different as I was so very carefully monitoring enemy AP on mobile as we were each down to 1 fighter and I had Furious Charge primed to use at the right time.
    It's the first time that I specifically had very direct knowledge of the glitch rather than a general sense of "what just happened?" as has occurred before.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    grunth13 wrote:

We cant as players. That's the point. The AI does it sometimes.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    It happens, sadly. icon_e_sad.gif
  • i had it happen against a boosted juggs. i denied red like there was a fire sale. he had 1 red AP and i was going for the kill. 2 headbutts in a row later i was using healthpacks to restart the same node.
  • Yup, I had the AI use Jug's unstoppable crash ability on the second turn of the match. The. Second. Turn. He had only made 1 match and it was for 3 red.

I don't think it was AI cheating, just a glitch, but still...very annoying!
  • murmelmann8
    murmelmann8 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Maybe the ai pays the rest of the missing ap in rates the next match or so.
  • CaptainFreaky
    Yup, I had the AI use Jug's unstoppable crash ability on the second turn of the match. The. Second. Turn. He had only made 1 match and it was for 3 red.

I don't think it was AI cheating, just a glitch, but still...very annoying!

x9LN6uJ.jpg