Another change with the vault? ****?

For the last few days I was only plying the DDQ and didn't even check the tokens and covers I received. Today, after I won the 2 tokens I enter the store and I see 3 different pages. Can someone explain what has happened with the store and how we can gain tokens for each store?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    It's exactly the same as the old tacos, where all the tokens you earn on "odd" weeks (week 1, week 3, week 5, etc) are combined into a single stash, and the tokens you earn on "even" weeks (week 2, week 4, week 6, etc) are in another stash. So every week you've got one pile that's active and a second that's waiting in the wings. The only difference is that now "odd" tokens are called Sweet and "even" tokens are called "Savory," instead of both being called just "Taco tokens." Well, that and redeeming a Sweet token in a Savory week is buggy as all get-out.

Edit: The third vault page that may be confusing you is for PvP events. Since it's the 4th of July the devs are running a patriotic "Independence Vault" that uses tokens from the next three PvPs, starting with Captain America's.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    One vault is for the Stockpiled Sweet Tokens.
    Another is for this cycle's tokens. (Savory)
    The third one is for the Captain America/Falcon/Captain Marvel events, which give out Independence Vault Tokens.
  • So even if someone was patient enough to collect 300 tokens for 5 months it would be for nothing because of the rotarion icon_lol.gif

Now you only need 600 tokens and 10 months of work!
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Well there's also what is probably a bug, where the vault contents do not always stay the same. A lot of people reported that their vault was essentially locked in after using a token, but I saw at least one report of someone's vault changing after they used a token.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, vault contents appear to be quite fluid (changing every time a mobile user hard-resets the game) until you pop one token. At that time the vault appears to stay fixed for the rest of its duration.

I have seen one (unconfirmed) reports that stockpiled vaults reset after each token (so if there are 300 prizes and you open a token, the vault will then reset with another 300 prizes.) Thus the key feature of the vault may not function when the vault is out of rotation. Until we can confirm this report on way or the other, it doesn't seem like a good idea to open stockpiled tacos.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    My vault rewards keep changing. The 4* characters offered have changed on me 3 times. Yesterday it had 2 yellow 4* Thor, and I was excited because I really need those. Now it has switched to X-Force yellow which I don't need. So I will only use Tokens when the reward rotates back to something useful.

And more pulls are coming from the right side of the vault. It's not evenly distributed so far.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Edit: The third vault page that may be confusing you is for PvP events. Since it's the 4th of July the devs are running a patriotic "Independence Vault" that uses tokens from the next three PvPs, starting with Captain America's.

You know I am glad hey chose to announce this on the forums so everyone would know what is going on. Oh wait they didn't. The Independence Day vault just showed up with no explanation. icon_redface.gif
  • I actually noticed this during the 1st week of DDQ's Taco vault. I submitted a ticket to Customer Service thinking it was a bug. CS's reply was essentially "Pics or it didn't happen." icon_rolleyes.gif

So start snapping some screen shots people! Post them here, send to CS, or do both if you're feeling ambitious. Because apparently Demi's view is that everything is fine until they are Shown otherwise.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I think the EXPIRED vault (sweet) resets daily, because that's what I've noticed. I've been saving up my tokens and haven't used any yet. If my understanding is correct from reading these posts, if you open a token in an expired vault, the vault will automatically reset with a fresh batch of 300 items. Is that correct? If so, that means you should open the vault only when it isn't expired.
  • Lanko8 wrote:
    So even if someone was patient enough to collect 300 tokens for 5 months it would be for nothing because of the rotarion icon_lol.gif

Now you only need 600 tokens and 10 months of work!
    Yeah, this is horrible. Like 5 months wasn't a long time anyway. I even skipped the DDQ these last 3 days because it looks absolutely pointless when even with 50-100 tokens the chance that you will get a ton of healing packs is ridiculous.