Sure, I can do this when it's Elektra for #1

2»

Comments

• djdv81
    djdv81 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    IceIX wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

And my team for most of the push was 4/4/5 Kamala Khan, 5/5/3 Hood, and 4/5/4 level 120 Gamora.

As for the playing at work, I was doing balance testing on one screen while pushing on the other. Multitasking! icon_e_smile.gif

Ah, yes I see, that explains it. If it would not be so much trouble, can you please return my stapler?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    1LlnuPQ.png

Still, good Iso!

Imagine if you could trade or donate covers you don't need to other members of your alliance icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's what multiple monitors are for! ... it would be nice to not have to do a quick hide when anyone important comes over, haha.
    yeah, VP walks by during your hop match and you're screwed. that's why I love mobile. nobody has to hide anything in the bathroom stall...
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    TxMoose wrote:
    That's what multiple monitors are for! ... it would be nice to not have to do a quick hide when anyone important comes over, haha.
    yeah, VP walks by during your hop match and you're screwed. that's why I love mobile. nobody has to hide anything in the bathroom stall...

Other than your whole self....in a less than desirable location.....but: details.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Don't forget to post what that 6th got renamed to.
    Grats! A first is a first and it adds up icon_e_biggrin.gif
    #6 is now RisinRaisin

I have just gained so much respect for you...

More appropriate for sure, but not without a wink and a nod... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Love it! icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    This actually makes me really happy to know that at leas SOMEONE attempts to win their bracket in the Demiurge/D3 family. I'm sure a lot are anonymous, which is understandable, but it's nice knowing there are those that are actually playing like a player. It's one thing to look at data and go "oh this is feasible" and it's entirely different to actually do it yourself.

Oh and holy **** I want your matchmaking rating. 1004 was good for 50th in Lethal Intent.
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Don't forget to post what that 6th got renamed to.
    Grats! A first is a first and it adds up icon_e_biggrin.gif
    #6 is now RisinRaisin

Does this mean one of our more infamous active posters on this forum was originally called scrotumbman?

Or is it just a really, really disturbing shout-out? icon_mrgreen.gif
    how did I end up in this thread??? i have nothing to do with any other raisins, I roll solo
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    raisinbman wrote:
    how did I end up in this thread??? i have nothing to do with any other raisins, I roll solo
    Not even the California Raisins? They were pretty rockin'.
  • IceIX wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    maybe when I was younger.... icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    So how many sore losers in that bracket are screaming bloody murder about a dev cheating to take their rewards? icon_e_smile.gif

Seriously it is nice to see a Dev grinding it for the covers like us poor sobs
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor

Imagine if you could trade or donate covers you don't need to other members of your alliance icon_e_biggrin.gif

They should let us trade star for star (like a 3* for a 3*) in alliances. Charge us each 700HP. A bit more HP for them than selling one cover, half price for us compared to buying one .
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Edit: As for the playing at work, I was doing balance testing on one screen while pushing on the other. Multitasking! icon_e_smile.gif

So... when we're all howling about the next new character being horribly broken or underpowered, we can blame it on bracket sniping? icon_lol.gif

Jokes aside, I just wanted to say, I'm really digging the fact that you've been so present on the forums the last couple of days. It's really great to both see the human side of the devs, as well as the increased information you've been feeding back to us in the other threads.

Also, I'm still really sorry about sniping you a couple of months back - you were between me and that blue Goddess cover. Please don't smite me.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Edit: As for the playing at work, I was doing balance testing on one screen while pushing on the other. Multitasking! icon_e_smile.gif

No, no, no...you're doing it all wrong! The correct way to play at work is either on uncomfortably long "bathroom breaks" making most of your office think you have some terrible stomach virus OR having an animated conversation with yourself while playing and staring at your phone screen...then if anyone asks, cover your phone and say "Sorry! I'm face timing with my little sister, I don't get to see her much..."

Psshhhh...n00b. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    1LlnuPQ.png

Still, good Iso!

Not one person shielded in the top 10. It looks like everybody was protected from the Senior veterans. ICE-X level your team some more so you stop playing with the sophomores and graduate to junior status.
    I was lucky(sarcasm) enough to see teams that were level 290 Gamora, level 345 Carnage and level 270 Hulkbuster. What type of teams did you see ICE-X?
    Congratulations on your first place.
    Oh and I wanted the Electra Red, but I had to do 7 hops and go out at the last minute to break 1400 to get her.
  • IceIX
    tanis3303 wrote:
    No, no, no...you're doing it all wrong! The correct way to play at work is either on uncomfortably long "bathroom breaks" making most of your office think you have some terrible stomach virus OR having an animated conversation with yourself while playing and staring at your phone screen...then if anyone asks, cover your phone and say "Sorry! I'm face timing with my little sister, I don't get to see her much..."

Psshhhh...n00b. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Not an option, unfortunately. Our bathrooms are some sort of natural Faraday cage. No reception in, no reception out. Can't do the second either, I've got seniority in the office, my lack of Facetiming with little sisters is already well known. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Not one person shielded in the top 10. It looks like everybody was protected from the Senior veterans. ICE-X level your team some more so you stop playing with the sophomores and graduate to junior status.
    I was lucky(sarcasm) enough to see teams that were level 290 Gamora, level 345 Carnage and level 270 Hulkbuster. What type of teams did you see ICE-X?
    Congratulations on your first place.
    Oh and I wanted the Electra Red, but I had to do 7 hops and go out at the last minute to break 1400 to get her.
    It was a last 90 minute bracket, so most players were pushing like I was. Lack of shields are pretty standard when you hit a newish bracket towards the end.

I did run into 270+s once I hit the 650-ish mark but was lucky enough to be able to skip around to other teams that were more beatable and still gave decent points. I set 40 as my base "I'll fight these guys" post 600, served me pretty well.

My favorite fight in the whole rush was versus a Hood/Loki/Gamora combo. Hood had 2 HP left, opponent uses a TU Fastball Special. Luckily it pulled Loki instead of Hood so I only had to have some switched tiles and cascades instead of being shot in the face by buffed Twin Pistols.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Most of the time, I'm extremely lucky to even pull out 500 points on an event. I have yet to reach the 600 mark, and the 1000 is just a dream that I usually wake up and slap myself from. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    IceIX wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I dressed as one for Halloween one year.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    maybe when I was younger.... icon_e_surprised.gif
    Busted!
    raisin-brain-california-raisins-ss.jpg