Thought I'd share a POSITIVE customer service experience

Posting this for 2 reasons: one; to show something positive in favor of D3 for a change & two; some people who have multiple accounts might not be aware this is an option.

So I have my main account on my phone and a second account I made on my tablet a long time ago when I first started playing and was really cracked out on the game. Since I began my progression into 3 star land on my phone I stopped using my tablet game so I emailed D3 to see if they could do anything for me.

Keep in mind my first email was sent yesterday afternoon.

I received a reply almost immediately stating it would be possible to merge one account into the other pending an approval and was given the following options to choose from:
Option 1) We transfer all, to-date, in-game currency purchases of Iso-8 and Hero Points from one account to the one chosen for play.

or...

Option 2) We transfer all current Roster Character Comic Covers, the Iso-8 used to level them, Hero Points used to purchase Roster Slots, as well as any unused Iso-8 and Hero Points from one account to the one chosen for play.

Please be advised that upon the successful completion of the merge, you will lose all items in your the rewards cache (Comic Covers and Recruit Tokens) from the disabled account. We recommend recruiting/redeeming these items before you reply in order to retain them.

Naturally I went with option 2, and not even 24 hours later I received a detailed email telling me exactly what my account had and how to expect its arrival.
Your account has been credited the following items:

*all my covers*

3,575 Hero Points (This is for restoring your purchased Roster Slots, or to redistribute as you wish)
161,700 Iso-8 (This is for returning your characters to their respective levels, or to redistribute as you wish)

450 Hero Points (Unused from the disabled account)
25,220 Iso-8 (Unused from the disabled account)

In order to see this you may have to restart your game or win a battle. We hope you continue to enjoy playing Marvel Puzzle Quest.

We will disable the other account for further use.

And it was that simple, thanks for the amazing customer service guys! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, i am undergoing the same thing, since i am heavy into my 3* transition, i have used my tablet account maybe once or twice. I would love to get rid of it and merge them, as i did in fact spend money on roster slots for it.

How did you submit this ticket? What info do they need?

Amazing!

edit: back to not letting me upvote you, so consider this a thumbs up!
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Wow, i am undergoing the same thing, since i am heavy into my 3* transition, i have used my tablet account maybe once or twice. I would love to get rid of it and merge them, as i did in fact spend money on roster slots for it.

Amazing!

I actually contacted them via the android market place, which is the same thing as sending an email to "mobilesupport@d3p.us" and told them the deal, the first reply they asked for some info.

While approval is not guaranteed, we will review your ticket for escalation once we have the received the information requested below:

Please provide answers to the following questions:

- Were both accounts originally created by you?
    - Have either of the accounts ever been associated with another device?
    - On which device was each account created?

Can you please tell us which account you would like to retain the progress on? We must disable the other if the merge has been approved and performed.

Also worth nothing this can only be done once they said!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:

Amazing!

I actually contacted them via the android market place, which is the same thing as sending an email to "mobilesupport@d3p.us" and told them the deal, the first reply they asked for some info.

While approval is not guaranteed, we will review your ticket for escalation once we have the received the information requested below:

Can you please tell us which account you would like to retain the progress on? We must disable the other if the merge has been approved and performed.

ok, going to print this checklist out so i can have all the info ready. Thank you again for this!
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Amazing!

ok, going to print this checklist out so i can have all the info ready. Thank you again for this!

Good luck! I thought it was super generous of them to give all the ISO I already used to level my characters back, although it might be more so a logistics thing as far as how the game works lol. icon_lol.gif
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    That is an awesome response. Very happy to hear they did that for you. Thank you for posting about it as it can be easy to gloss over the things they do right.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    can't this be exploited as getting double rewards for as long as you want to keep it up and then merge when ready? if its ok to do it, I need to consider...
  • MarvelMan
    TxMoose wrote:
    can't this be exploited as getting double rewards for as long as you want to keep it up and then merge when ready? if its ok to do it, I need to consider...

Interesting point as you could do the DPDQ on both accts......
  • Malcrof
    MarvelMan wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

Interesting point as you could do the DPDQ on both accts......

My tablet account couldn't do the big enchilada if it's life depended on it..
  • MarvelMan
    Malcrof wrote:
    My tablet account couldn't do the big enchilada if it's life depended on it..

But it could probably still pull Tacos and hit the jackpot with the 1k HP.....
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    That is an awesome response. Very happy to hear they did that for you. Thank you for posting about it as it can be easy to gloss over the things they do right.

Thanks, this was what I was hoping to convey!
    TxMoose wrote:

I guess it could be, but remember the first response I got from them said it has to be approved and IF approved it's a once in a lifetime deal.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is such great news and I am shocked that were so accommodating!

As I read this, I already see players trying to exploit it, playing DDQ on two accounts and merging.. this is why we can't have nice things.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards

As I read this, I already see players trying to exploit it, playing DDQ on two accounts and merging.. this is why we can't have nice things.
    really, keeping up with everything is quite a chore as it is. for those who want to make it a full time job - i have nothing against it. right now life barely makes room for everything I'm doing.
  • They are good in my experience too.
    So long as you're polite and eloquent with your letter, clearly stating your problem, they respond in kind.

I've had nothing but good responses from specific problems I've had.
    I think they need to be real crashes or malfunctions though.
    Not just your opinion of what you should be entitled too versus theres.
    icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Yes, please do this and make sure that they never again have this kind of response for real issues.

Then please come back and wonder aloud why we can't have nice things and why D3 are such stingy jerks.
  • This is such great news and I am shocked that were so accommodating!

Well keep in mind also that I had spent money on that account...who's to say it would have been approved if I didn't. Remember this merge is not a guaranteed thing.

If someone really wants to go through all that trouble to get a little extra I say they earned it. Tired me out just thinking about it. icon_lol.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to hear a happy ending in the midst of a lot of the not so happy ones I've been hearing lately!
  • I'd share a POSITIVE customer service experience too.
    More than year ago, when I type a username for this game, I mistype it badly.
    I let it be for couple weeks until a friend suggested me to mail the customer service.
    I did and yup, they responded quickly and corrected my username. icon_e_wink.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    can't this be exploited as getting double rewards for as long as you want to keep it up and then merge when ready?
    The real exploit is when you buy/inherit an account from someone who's quit the game, and then merge that account into your own; which is what I said some people were doing when the question came up, "How does so-and-so have 7 fully maxed GTs?"... yet at the time, others chimed in with, "You're not allowed to merge accounts"
  • Malcrof

Well keep in mind also that I had spent money on that account...who's to say it would have been approved if I didn't. Remember this merge is not a guaranteed thing.

If someone really wants to go through all that trouble to get a little extra I say they earned it. Tired me out just thinking about it. icon_lol.gif

I had also spent money on roster slots etc.. then my main account got to the point where the tablet barely ever gets used.. most of the covers it has, i wouldn't need.. but would like to have something to show for it now that it is dormant.
  • Malcrof wrote:

I had also spent money on roster slots etc.. then my main account got to the point where the tablet barely ever gets used.. most of the covers it has, i wouldn't need.. but would like to have something to show for it now that it is dormant.

Keep us posted on your progress!