May Q&A answers in June?

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I know the Devs must be busy in Phoenix coma con but when you post a request for May Q&A shouldn't you block out some time to be able to answer the question in the monthly video so it can be posted in the same month.

I'm just asking the question...

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey all,
    We're taking questions for our next community Q&A video.

Please post each question separately, so forumgoers can upvote the questions they want answered most.
    We'll be taking questions until Monday, 5/25 so please get them in before then.

We're planning to get this video back to you in two weeks.

Kabir
    They never said it was a MAY Q&A, and they said they would have it 2 weeks after questions were closed
  • Unknown
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I know the Devs must be busy in Phoenix coma con but when you post a request for May Q&A shouldn't you block out some time to be able to answer the question in the monthly video so it can be posted in the same month.

D3 moves very slowly. Take nonultron compensation for example.

Or PVE content

Or Nerfing non-Iron Fists
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:

They went to a coma con, and now they're unresponsive?

We should probably have seen that coming.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I too was expecting to see the video drop today, but now that 5pm Eastern has come and gone, I guess we'll have to wait awhile - maybe on Friday @ 5pm ET we'll get it.....
  • Unknown
    Options
    If I am not mistaken, and someone correct me if I am, I believe they drop the video mid-month.

That gives them time to thumb through all the pages and find the questions they are going to answer, assign the questions, create the video, edit the video, etc.

But that is just how I thought/think it works.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They said it would take a few weeks for them to answer. Also, I'm pretty sure they've also said that they don't send devs to conventions. That's for marketing people.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is exactly where a check-in from somebody like Hi-Fi would be entirely appropriate and appreciated.....
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is exactly where a check-in from somebody like Hi-Fi would be entirely appropriate and appreciated.....

Why? Kabir said it would be about two weeks after the 25th of May. My calendar says there's still time.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey there,

Yeah. Looks like we're just missing May. Unfortunately, there's been a small delay while the developers finalize some details they plan on discussing. The video is still a work-in-progress and will be arriving very soon.

We hope you'll enjoy hearing updates on some of the topics covered. Thanks for your patience.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:

Why? Kabir said it would be about two weeks after the 25th of May. My calendar says there's still time.
    I just check it said they would get stop receiving questions on May 25th. Will then said in a different paragraph they were looking to get the video up in 2 weeks. That would mean 2 weeks from the 15th not 2 weeks from the 25th. That would mean the video should have been up on Friday the 29th.

I also checked and it was listed as May Q&A questions. My hypothesis on why they ar late is because of the changes to PVP points. I think they wanted to see how an event or 2 went before posting the video. If the points was an epic fail they would want to address it in the video. If it is successful it will probably be the answer to 4* transition. I hope I am wrong about the 4* transition though.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hey there,

Yeah. Looks like we're just missing May. Unfortunately, there's been a small delay while the developers finalize some details they plan on discussing. The video is still a work-in-progress and will be arriving very soon.

We hope you'll enjoy hearing updates on some of the topics covered. Thanks for your patience.

I can just imagine them working on the script, wondering how they're going to fit in mentioning that Bagman will be the essential character in a forthcoming event. icon_twisted.gif

Could David comment as to if we'll get a transcript as well as a video?
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    i hope they make it good i'm barely hanging on here.