All about Characters that don't exist in game.

2»

Comments

• Malcrof wrote:
    I'd love to see Namor for one reason. Team up with LCap and LTorch for an Invaders team! Build his powers on complementing theirs and I think he'd be great. Maybe a strong purple attack (for rainbow coverage), a 9ap yellow that strengthens attack tiles, and a low cost green that decreases friendly countdown tiles so Cap gets his shield back earlier and Torch gets one extra blast from his green that round with damage based on green left after Submariner's skill to keep it from being too op. And since his team mates both have 2 star counterparts he'd be viable for new and vet players.

Cap has blue and red countdown tiles, torch has green, so Namor would need a purple countdown tile at minimum to keep synergy.

The purple could be a countdown like MNMags' red that damages single target or maybe even whole enemy team at 5 covers. That might be too much though.
    plz no anything like 2*mag, *throws up*
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    IIRC way back when Dark Reign was still in the title of the game IceX remarked to the question if they can only use characters that appeared in the Dark Reign storyline that any character in the whole Marvel Universe can be used. Unless my memory betrays me...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd love to see Namor for one reason. Team up with LCap and LTorch for an Invaders team! Build his powers on complementing theirs and I think he'd be great. Maybe a strong purple attack (for rainbow coverage), a 9ap yellow that strengthens attack tiles, and a low cost green that decreases friendly countdown tiles so Cap gets his shield back earlier and Torch gets one extra blast from his green that round with damage based on green left after Submariner's skill to keep it from being too op. And since his team mates both have 2 star counterparts he'd be viable for new and vet players.
    I've never understood why Namor (Submariner) has wings on his feet... at least aquaman has fins on his calves because they actually help in water... wings in water seem counter productive.

I want to see The Beyonder!
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    I've never understood why Namor (Submariner) has wings on his feet... at least aquaman has fins on his calves because they actually help in water... wings in water seem counter productive.

I want to see The Beyonder!

Not really scientifically accurate, but... those wings are the reason why Namor can fly!

Besides they are somewhat an homage to Hermes, I guess (which doesn't make a lot of sense... he's not a speedster!).

There should be a golden age story that explains the origin of the wings (by the way, Namor lost them for a while, during the Byrne run).
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    IIRC way back when Dark Reign was still in the title of the game IceX remarked to the question if they can only use characters that appeared in the Dark Reign storyline that any character in the whole Marvel Universe can be used. Unless my memory betrays me...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that they have a broad deal, so any character could conceivably be on the table. That said, any character they want to do will still be subject to approval by Marvel, so it seems to be less about the cost of licensing a specific character and more about getting Marvel to sign off, plus finding a spot to release that character that does not conflict with Marvel's broader agenda.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    traedoril wrote:
    I recently learned something when building a website for a company that uses marvel characters on their site. You have to pay Disney/Fox/Sony to use those characters publicly.

Disney is Marvel. They own them outright. As for Fox/Sony, it would depend on whether you are working off the movie depictions or the comic book depictions.
    I am going to venture to guess D3/Demiurge aren't introducing the characters because they are either in the works with an agreement with the company that owns the rights or they don't want to pay for a character we are not going to use even when buffed (see Ragnarok, Doc Ock). I really want to see Nightcrawler because he is my favorite character (I know right.... why him?), but when we tried to use him on the website the company that owns his rights wanted a lot more than the company wanted to pay.

D3 have said they have access to the full Marvel catalogue to use as and when they wish. Fox/Sony own the movie rights to certain characters and franchises, but the other rights remain with Marvel (who are Disney).