Colognoisseur's Guide to Mining ISO from LR's 2.1 7/23UPDATE

Options
2»

Comments

• CaptainFrugal
    Options
    Great post, I have been using this method for a few weeks and it has been very helpful. I at one point had 6 covers waiting for Thor and I was able to get him championed in time to use them!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I know they are good for iso but sometimes I get no seed teams in a LR, is that because I didn't start in the first 10 minutes or so? If so, is there a schedule when LR happen? Time of day, etc? I know they are on Tues/Wed/Thurs.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Warbringa wrote:
    So I know they are good for iso but sometimes I get no seed teams in a LR, is that because I didn't start in the first 10 minutes or so? If so, is there a schedule when LR happen? Time of day, etc? I know they are on Tues/Wed/Thurs.

It's every other hour. For me they start on odd hours (1, 3, 5 etc.). They run for 90 minutes, then there's 30 min of dead time until the next one starts. For me, if I'm not in there in the first 3-4 minutes it seems like I get no seeds or only 3. If I don't set an alarm for 2:59, 4:59 etc, then I miss it every time.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think it has been changed because if you do not play the seeds if you open it up the second it is released you will only get 3 seeds. I find I either have to play it right away in first 10 minutes or so or I get barely any seeds. Now i'm at a point where I can get to 400 points or so most LR if I want to even with no seeds.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In one lightning round last week I actually got 11 seed teams, so I was able to cruise past 250 points on seed teams alone. Quite nice, but I assume it was a glitch. Anything similar happen to anyone else?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    In one lightning round last week I actually got 11 seed teams, so I was able to cruise past 250 points on seed teams alone. Quite nice, but I assume it was a glitch. Anything similar happen to anyone else?

That is like the white whale of seed teams. I've had it happen just a few times but can confirm it does happen.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Yes! I thought I was losing my mind. Just happened the once last week, but it was satisfying.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow, never went past 250 on seeds. I make it to 245 a couple times/week, but never that 11th one. sucks when seeds run out below 200 - that happens a couple times a week too.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I once took first place in a lightning round playing nothing but seeds. It was at 3 AM on Christmas when I was up with my infant son. It's a weird system.
  • MeatLoafX
    MeatLoafX Posts: 74
    Options
    I appreciate this guide, thank you.

I wish LRs were held more often.... They've been so important in building my roster. For example, today I hit the first Tuesday LR, went to 250 points, got a bunch of ISO, four two star covers, etc... So good.

More LRs, please!
  • katherina
    katherina Posts: 3
    Options
    Mining ISO
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for this guide it's been a major help for me!
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Options
    With the increased value of 2* covers for championing/farming those characters, I've started tacking on a second round to most LRs. If you save a weak seed (like a 60/1/1 or 60/1/2) and hit it last with a very weak team yourself (loaner plus some lower characters), you'll draw a lot of hits from much weaker teams. Then you can come back the last 10-15 minutes of the LR and hit 6-8 retaliations with your A-team pretty quickly.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And now with SHIELD Ranking and XP, farming LRs for Heroics and 2*s recycling has become even more relevant.