Possible bug with ultron's bomb tile?

Tarouza
Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Not sure if this is bug or intentional, but I was using Loki in my team vs ultron and set off his board shake, it brought ultrons bomb to the bottom, but it was part of a match. Since it was my turn shouldn't the match have activated before the bomb did?

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I noticed that too.

I think the answer is "Ultron is a cheating cheater whut cheats." Which is, you know, kinda canon....
  • DaveR4470 wrote:
    I noticed that too.

I think the answer is "Ultron is a cheating cheater whut cheats." Which is, you know, kinda canon....

Which is fitting since I think GlaDOS could be considered his daughter....

that is if ultron came to the Portal universe, and married whats his name...

ah, skip it...
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Why, oh why, would you shake the board (unless there were already drops at the row above bottom)? Were you trying to get the others closer?
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Yea had one a row away so I shook board to try and move it up.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tested a shake early, Hulk slapped him to death.

His bombs survive him....
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Falcon's bird doesn't seem to think the bombs are enemy tiles. You also can't lock them with IW, though I assume that's intentional.
  • Taganov wrote:
    Falcon's bird doesn't seem to think the bombs are enemy tiles. You also can't lock them with IW, though I assume that's intentional.

You totally can lock them with IW. My level 70 IW has been kicking Ultrons **** up and down the street so far.

Falcon only recognizes his listed specials, at 5 covers that's Attack, Protect, Strike, CD. Drops are none of these. (Also Bird Strike doesn't target specials at all, I assume you mean Redwing).
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    You totally can lock them with IW. My level 70 IW has been kicking Ultrons **** up and down the street so far.

Dang, my IW has 3 green covers and no blue.
  • Taganov
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Ah, then it has to be because my IW is 5 yellowflag.png 3 blueflag.png 5 greenflag.png. I was so ready to point and laugh at Ultron too icon_e_sad.gif .
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    I think another bug exists where I defeat Ultron with a match or power that moves the bomb to the bottom. Clearly Ultron is down, but then the next animation has the bomb hit bottom and doing damage.
    Is this intentional for bombs to still do damage after downing Ultron?
    I would like the bombs to clear/deactivate as if they were countdown tiles upon downing Ultron and thus do no damage.
    Otherwise, be aware of this happening to you.

My IW has 4 green covers and no other covers. icon_e_sad.gif
    However, Grey Suit Black Widow is my best character against bomb dropping. All her powers help stop the bombs. ** Ms. Marvel is good too because her yellow will cover the bombs if you are lucky.
  • Taganov wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:

Ah, then it has to be because my IW is 5 yellowflag.png 3 blueflag.png 5 greenflag.png. I was so ready to point and laugh at Ultron too icon_e_sad.gif .

Yea, it does require 5 blueflag.png to lock tiles of "any type" which includes Drop. Below that is only Basic, Strike, Protect, Attack.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think another bug exists where I defeat Ultron with a match or power that moves the bomb to the bottom. Clearly Ultron is down, but then the next animation has the bomb hit bottom and doing damage.
    I would like the bombs to clear/deactivate as if they were countdown tiles upon downing Ultron and thus do no damage.

However, Grey Suit Black Widow is my best character against bomb dropping. All her powers help stop the bombs. ** Ms. Marvel is good too because her yellow will cover the bombs if you are lucky.
    A similar thing happened to me just this morning as I was playing the Mystique PvP. I killed xforce with a match 4 which also happened to clear his recovery tile. I assumed killing him with the match was enough to not set off the recovery tile, but apparently not and I took 1k damage or so for the lesson.
  • Taganov
    mohio wrote:

A similar thing happened to me just this morning as I was playing the Mystique PvP. I killed xforce with a match 4 which also happened to clear his recovery tile. I assumed killing him with the match was enough to not set off the recovery tile, but apparently not and I took 1k damage or so for the lesson.

Traps work similarly. Had my DD killed in a ridiculous cascade, but he had enough left in him to crotch kick the cascader twice. It brought a smile to my face.
  • Something to look for is when two bombs are together, one on top of the other. If the first hits the bottom and explodes, the tile disappears and the second bomb explodes too.
  • watch out with trying to use GSBW sniper rifle too. I don't know if it always does this because I stopped trying after seeing it the first time, but it didn't destroy the bomb tiles for me. Just every tile around them so they dropped straight to the bottom.
  • I've had no problem with Sniper Rifle. Are you sure the tile wasn't in the hole of the reticle pattern? I've used GSBW quite successfully on Ultron with Deceptive Tactics and Sniper Rifle clearing the bombs.
  • it was multiple bombs all caught in the blast and they went untouched and just dropped. guess it's just a sometimes glitch.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Something to look for is when two bombs are together, one on top of the other. If the first hits the bottom and explodes, the tile disappears and the second bomb explodes too.

That's because when the bomb explodes it dropped the bomb above to the bottom row and then it explodes too. It seems like the bomb hitting the bottom row has supercedence over anything else, including a match.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    just tried sniper rifle again. still does the exact same thing. will not be trying it again. gonna get me too damaged.

edit: geez. all this time I had always thought sniper rifle blew out an exact circle, but apparently it does more of a weird crosshair pattern that doesn't actually hit everything in it? oops....awkward.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Lerysh wrote:
    Taganov wrote:

Yup! After having pulled another blue for Suzie yesterday, I respecced her to 3-5-5 and guess what? The chick shines in this event.