*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited November 2015 in Character Details
Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) icon_kamalakhan.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 8670 Tile Damage: 79/13/12/70/61/11/3.5x
    Bring Out The Best - Passive yellowtile.png
    (PASSIVE) Kamala's can-do attitude keeps her fighting and inspires everyone around her. Whenever an ally fires an ability, Ms. Marvel gives the team a burst of 110 health.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Gives the team a burst of 132 health. Level 3: Gives the team a burst of 154 health. Level 4: Gives the team a burst of 198 health. Level 5: Gives the team a burst of 286 health.
    Max Level
      Level 3 - Gives the team a burst of 487 health. Level 4 - Gives the team a burst of 626 health. Level 5 - Gives the team a burst of 905 health.

Inhuman Stretchiness - 8 purpletile.png AP
    Ms. Marvel stretches to solve the situation at hand... by punching it. With her hand. Converts a chosen basic tile and 2 random basic tiles of the same color to Green.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Converts 3 additional random tiles to Green. Level 3: Converts 4 additional random tiles to Green. Level 4: Converts 5 additional random tiles to Green. Level 5: Converts 7 additional random tiles to Green.
    Embiggened Bash - 12 greentile.png AP
    Ms. Marvel's embiggened fists of rage strike down her enemies! For justice! Deals 411 damage to the enemy team.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 493 damage to the enemy team. Level 3: Deals 575 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Deals 740 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Deals 1069 damage to the enemy team.
    Max Level
      Level 3 - Deals 1826 damage to the enemy team. Level 4 - Deals 2347 damage to the enemy team. Level 5 - Deals 3390 damage to the enemy team.
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Arondite
      Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
      Kamala Khan

Looks decent actually
    • NorthernPolarity
      NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
      Seems like a power creeped GSBW. I don't especially like the design of this character because of that: a purple green accelerator into green AoE damage character feels way too similar to GSBW, as well as Rags / Thor.
    • So, 3/5/5, I'm guessing.

Her Purple is going to be fantastic. And her Green conclusively proves how underpowered Ragnarok's Green is.
    • famousfoxking
      famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
      IceIX wrote:
      Team AoE damage - 12 greentile.png AP
      Deals 411 damage to the enemy team.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Deals 493 damage to the enemy team. Level 3: Deals 575 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Deals 740 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Deals 1069 damage to the enemy team.
      Max Level
        Level 3 - Deals 1826 damage to the enemy team. Level 4 - Deals 2347 damage to the enemy team. Level 5 - Deals 3390 damage to the enemy team.

You guys must REALLY value the ability to destroy a single column. Like, I'd assume that a power that did nothing but destroy a single column must be worth 8 AP on it's own?

• You guys must REALLY value the ability to destroy a single column.

Yeah, I agree with this. Personally I'd much rather see an ability destroy 8 random tiles than a single column, I feel like that'd be a more valuable shakeup.
    • turul
      turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
      Seems fun & playable, however its true, purple (to green) converting is a bit boring. (however understandable, since you dont want infinity combos)
    • Unknown
      edited March 2015
      Powers critique:
      Green: Way better than Ragnarok, and the accelerator is much better too. It's almost as good as CoTS, though CoTS' uneven damage is better. Arguably better than X-Force, considering you have a green accelerator as well (depends on how much you value shake-up).
      Purple: In general you'll get at least a match 4 plus 3 or 4 more green on average. Better accelerator than GSBW? 8 Purple is usually easy, I often struggle to get the 11th purple quickly. Slightly less synergy with Xavier (5 blue).
      Yellow: Totally outclasses Spider-Man.

Seems very strong.

Pairings:
      Troll defense: ?(5/3/5) + Devil Dino + Spiderman (focus on Pink -> Green attack, healing with web stuns, or devil dino's arms in a pinch)
      Thor 3*? Both yellow and purple accelerate to green.
      Deadpool: Alott => ?'s Purple => ?'s Green

Compatibility with X-Force : a little better than Thor 3*.

Build:
      Most people will probably go 3/5/5.
    • TazFTW
      TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
      I'm assuming the passive does not trigger on other passives, correct?
    • More on topic, though, I assume these stats are connected with the spoiler in the Patch Preview?
      This month we explore the chaotic qualities of speed, crime and brute force

Seems like the description for a villain. My first thought was Carnage, but obviously these abilities don't fit the character at all so that can't be right. Taken on their own the abilities make me think of Phoenix, Yellow/Green, team-heal. Though, if she were to be released I'd expect a 4 star and generally a bit more powerful.

I'm just tossing around ideas here, I don't have anything just yet that I really think is the right guess...
    • turul
      turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
      adamLmpq wrote:
      More on topic, though, I assume these stats are connected with the spoiler in the Patch Preview?
      This month we explore the chaotic qualities of speed, crime and brute force

Seems like the description for a villain. My first thought was Carnage, but obviously these abilities don't fit the character at all so that can't be right. Taken on their own the abilities make me think of Phoenix, Yellow/Green, team-heal. Though, if she were to be released I'd expect a 4 star and generally a bit more powerful.

I'm just tossing around ideas here, I don't have anything just yet that I really think is the right guess...

There is a shapeshifter not released yet from the previus patch preview... Unless ProfX changes shapes virtually by mind-control!
    • Looks like a boring but fairly uncontroversial and playable character, especially with the new versus buff. This is more like a playable version of GSBW rather than a power creep version, because Deceptive Tactics is massively overpowered as a concept.

For the comparison to Ragnarok, Ragnarok is on a higher HP class so his ability should do not as much damage. Tile destruction is a very powerful ability and I think it was costed appropriately. It might have been too much in combination in the sense that if there was an appropriately costed 30 AP ability move that kills everyone and destroyed 3 columns, while everything in there might be appropriately costed it might not be a very practical move to use in PvP.
    • Here's a wikia article listing Marvel Shapeshifters:
      http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Shapeshifters

It doesn't really narrow it down all that much, but at a quick glance, Reed Richards might be a reasonable fit for these abilities/colors?
    • TheVulture
      TheVulture Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
      Seems like a very appealing character. icon_e_smile.gif

It's a shame that yellow passive is basically 50% as effective with 3 covers - since everyone will want to go 3|5|5 - but it's still something, and the other 2 skills alone are worth chasing.
    • FadeToOne
      FadeToOne Posts: 25
      I'm going to go ahead and guess Doctor Strange.
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      I agree with the talk of this basically being an alternate version of GSBW. Realistically, the purple here is easier to activate, but it can't be placed so you won't get as many match 5s. The green is actually weaker though since there is no board shake up, but it is much cheaper as well, so you are more likely to get it off. I never use her red unless she is the last one alive or there are some annoying protect/strike tiles to take out. So overall, this character is very similar to GSBW, but not necessarily better. I would put her in about the same class as GSBW.
    • Kinda want to make a climb with daken psylocke and this character, may just keep psy healthy enough to be fun.

Cheap red, blue, and black.

Blue and purple making greens ought to be plenty efficient at keeping boards from being stale.
    • Moral
      Moral Posts: 512
      Sandman?
      Green and yellow I can see
    • NorthernPolarity
      NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited March 2015
      One thing that really bugs me with Demiurges character design philosophy is that for some arbitrary reason they want the 5th cover to have a huge upgrade over the fourth cover. As a result of this, builds on like 95% of the characters in the game we've seen involve 5 covers in 2 abilities and 3 covers in the last ability. Why does the 5th cover need to do this? If most of the ability's power was frontloaded on the third cover, with the fourth and fifth providing more incremental upgrades, character builds could actually involve 4 covers and be a matter of preference as opposed to "Well this ability seems cool, but the 5th cover is so important on the other two abilities that it's ridiculous to do any other build". Here's an example (hastily made) of a cover progression that would actually incentivize 4 cover builds as opposed to the ridiculously obvious 3/5/5 (or 5/5/3) build that we're going to be seeing on this character. Frontloading the power on the third cover also makes 3 cover abilities more useful, leading to more interesting team building decisions as opposed to the laughable stuff we're currently seeing with gems such as 3 green grocket.

Two key ideas here:
      1. More power of the ability should be frontloaded onto the 3rd cover. Make the 3rd cover say 70% of the max power potential compared to the 50% we've been seeing so that we don't view the 3 cover ability as a useless ability to just dump the rest of the covers in.
      2. Make the jump from 3->4 the same as the jump from 4->5. This allows builds to be a lot more flexible and varied based on the preference of the player.

IceIX wrote:
      Unknown (Coming Soon)
      3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link
      At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile Damage: 79/13/12/70/61/11/3.5x
        Team Temp Health on Ability Use - Passive yellowtile.png
        (PASSIVE) Whenever an ally fires a power, the team gains a burst of 110 health.
        Max Level
          Level 3 - Gives the team a burst of 600 (487 old) health. Level 4 - Gives the team a burst of 750 (626 old) health. Level 5 - Gives the team a burst of 905 health.

Target Convert to Green/Random to Green - 8 purpletile.png AP
        Converts a chosen basic tile and 2 random basic tiles of the same color to Green.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Converts 4 (3 old) additional random tiles to Green. Level 3: Converts 5 (4 old) additional random tiles to Green. Level 4: Converts 6 (5 old) additional random tiles to Green. Level 5: Converts 7 additional random tiles to Green.
        Team AoE damage - 12 greentile.png AP
        Deals 411 damage to the enemy team.
        Level Upgrades
        Max Level
          Level 3 - Deals 2400 (1826 old) damage to the enemy team. Level 4 - Deals 2900 (2347 old) damage to the enemy team. Level 5 - Deals 3390 (3390 old) damage to the enemy team.
        [/list][/list]
      • From now on, this is how you make characters. Cool passive? Check. Interesting utility power that may or may not have damage on it? Check. Solid punch in the face for X damage per AP on a scale to their health? Check. Please do way more of this and way way less of Doc Ock.
      • adamLmpq wrote:

You guys must REALLY value the ability to destroy a single column.

Yeah, I agree with this. Personally I'd much rather see an ability destroy 8 random tiles than a single column, I feel like that'd be a more valuable shakeup.

I think that's mostly because Ragnarok has way more than 6800 health. So does Thor tho, which is why Rag's ability is bad. It's more that CtS is way better. All it would take is make Rags green cost 10 and it would be OK-ish. Not great but at least useable.

Still, as a green generator you could pair this character with Ragnarok, use him to tank green for the 6800 green nuker, red to generate blue to charge green, or have a board that's mostly blue/green and use this characters purple to convert 8 blues to green.