It's in poor taste, in my opinion, to...

Options
13»

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    The term "distasteful" by the OP connotes all sorts of things that really don't apply to the situation. If DPD rotation is some evil attempt by D3 to laugh at people who don't have the required cover, then perhaps I can see "distaste", but as far as we know it's completely coincidence. The more accurate term in this case is simply "disappointed".

OP seems to imply that this is a relatively minor issue, but it seems like people in this thread (including OP) are getting all worked up for no real reason. So this is just a rant post, let's all treat it as such and move on.

This is exactly correct.

I posted this mostly as an "ahh, shucks" and a chance to chat because I like the interface forum boards provide and like to use them as a medium to express even the slightest sentiment.

Then I get treated like a first week rookie who's come here looking for handouts by people who have otherwise seemed pretty respectable, so of course it pissed me off too so I responded (and will continue to respond) in the way I felt most appropriate.
  • It could be relatively worse. I respecced my Captain Marvel to 535 to try it out. Right after she was vaulted. I'm now stuck with her like that for a long, long while. If I'm lucky, I'll get her 544 in Nef Foes, but will then still have to wait to get back to 553 for one of my favorite PVE characters.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vale, what do you use her for at 5/5/3? High level pve bullseye? I'm very happy with my finally speced out 3/5/5. Great red battery for cap and such. Black buys me time when needed.

Just curious since I've very rarely needed to get rid of that many protects and the damage just seemed ok.
  • I feel sorry for your unfortunate situation. Pheremone rage is almost as rare as hood blue so you just missed a great opportunity. I've playing over 7 months and only have 3 covers for him right now (drawn a 4th from tokens but that was my 2nd ever 3* and it was healing heat so i needed someone I'd get more use out of)
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I drew my first and only Deadpool cover from a taco token the day after he was the featured character. These things happen.

Fortunately, with a daily event like this it's only a matter of time before any character gets his or her turn again. Although with new characters added to the game twice a month, that wait could become a lot longer.
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    I drew my first and only Deadpool cover from a taco token the day after he was the featured character. These things happen.

Haha, wow; the same thing happened to me. Conspiracy time?

But yeah, I feel like sometimes there's just bad timing and you can't get the reward. It slightly stinks, but I don't think it's painful enough to warrant spending time syncing up the rewards with the unvaulted characters. I mean, think how much effort it takes them just to rotate the covers awarded for event placement. icon_razz.gif And I think most people don't really see it as a slight; I know I really don't bother with who is vaulted in a given season; I imagine people who don't visit the boards are even less aware of the rotation schedule.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ..clear nodes in the toilet.

wait.. this isn't a thread about distasteful things to do?
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:

Haha, wow; the same thing happened to me. Conspiracy time?

Happened to me too. If you look at the rewards it makes sense though, as the only 3* chars you can get from the taco tokens are the featured characters for the week. So if you don't have a required character, and manage to get a 3* from a taco token, it has a 20% chance of being the character that you didn't have.
  • Sorry arondite. Tough day yesterday. Shouldn't have been allowed near message boards. **** mode is safely off today.