It's in poor taste, in my opinion, to...

Options
Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Have the Daken (Classic) Deadpool daily quest occur right before he returns to the character cycle.

I know it doesn't count for much, but I find that rather distasteful. It doesn't affect me (err, it doesn't affect one half of me - my F2P account doesn't have Daken), but I feel like that's pretty not cool.

I guess the sense of entitlement from having Deadpool's Daily Quest at all is settling in already. Hopefully I got this out of the way in a polite, reasonable manner before someone with a less-than-sunny disposition notices and voices their concern in a different way.

Comments

• thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    i was a tad bummed. he is the only 3* i lack at least one cover for. had to settle for one taco today. im still hungry. worse things to happen i suppose.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like one of those mistakes that I would attribute to carelessness rather than malicious intent. Sucks that it happened, but doubt it was intentional.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can see that but being put back into character packs doesn't mean he'll be an award/featured character anytime soon. Kind of defeats the purpose of the DPD if we had to wait until they were back in rotation since the vault has been growing. If that were the case, we might cycle through the entire group of "in heroic packs" in the DPD twice between vaultings. No way does d3 want us to have that high of a concentration of any particular character. The dailies were just enough "juice" to keep us addicted icon_e_wink.gif

That just leaves the chance at horrible token odds to get him once he's back. You'll have a better shot to get Daken with deadpool daily tokens this week than regular heroics.
  • Arondite
    Options
    It still would've been nice, given the circumstance of the two cycles being so close together, to do us a courtesy and at least give us the choice of running the lottery for him. Haha.
  • orbitalint
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    It still would've been nice, given the circumstance of the two cycles being so close together, to do us a courtesy and at least give us the choice of running the lottery for him. Haha.
    Fair enough. If you feel lucky, go hog wild on this week's DP tokens. Get you a 42 pack! You should totally (almost, maybe?) get one daken. #WorthIt icon_e_biggrin.gif

For all you literal folks:

Disclaimer - This was not a recommendation to buy any 42 pack. If you are suffering from nausea, fever, or constipation after using a 42 pack, please consult the great Jamie Madrox or licensed medical professional before considering further treatments of 42 packs. They have been knowing to cause spontaneous bouts of regret and vomiting and may result in serious harm to your wallet without any tangible benefits.
  • Roswulf
    Roswulf Posts: 87
    Options
    Seems like one of those mistakes that I would attribute to carelessness rather than malicious intent. Sucks that it happened, but doubt it was intentional.

Assuming that the character selection for DDQ is randomized, it wouldn't be a terrible idea for D3 to step in and reshuffle when a character is DDQed immediately before un-vaulting, or even immediately before release as a PvE/PvP reward. It is undoubtedly not malicious, but it's got to feel like a slap in the face to new players with no discernible benefit to anybody.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The DPD rewards are determined randomly in advance so there's no real "thought" going in to who is offered when. It's just a random coincidence.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What I find most offensive is that Black Widow is ALSO vaulted AND available in DDQ, but no one is bringing it up! What kind of sexist pigs are you all? icon_razz.gif
  • Arondite wrote:

You have that choice. If you've been keeping heroic and tacos around you'll be able to roll him when he comes back. Just not right now.
  • orbitalint
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    You have that choice. If you've been keeping heroic and tacos around you'll be able to roll him when he comes back. Just not right now.
    Sadly, tacos don't roll over from week to week. I was hoping if we didn't need/want anyone in a particular week, they'd just dump into the next week. Shocker, I didn't use my tokens the week of She Hulk and Spidey but they became legacy tokens for that specific week instead with the same pull odds for that All-Star collection of characters.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    orbitalint wrote:
    Sadly, tacos don't roll over from week to week.
    They might eventually. DPD hasn't been around long enough to make that determination, but I'm keeping my tokens for a few more rotations to be absolutely sure.
  • orbitalint
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    orbitalint wrote:
    Sadly, tacos don't roll over from week to week.
    They might eventually. DPD hasn't been around long enough to make that determination, but I'm keeping my tokens for a few more rotations to be absolutely sure.
    True, should have added, "based on the first few weeks." Though, I'm skeptical that it'll change given it might require some additional effort beyond updating the covers offered. We know how "extra effort" sometimes goes with D3. But then again, I'm a pessimist, lol.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I agree completely.

If, on the other had, it was in fact on purpose, I also appreciate it. It gives us folks who have held onto an underleveled, undercovered LDaken some sort of prize that wouldn't just be awarded to anyone. I'm in the select few who snagged 5 covers before he went into the vault...
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't get what the problem is. Isn't it better for people trying to work on a vaulted character to have that character in the DDP? We've had other vaulted characters in DDP and we will again as we cycle through all of them.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I don't get it. BP was vaulted when he was rewarded on the very first day of DPDQ, too. No one complained of that except that one guy who sold his daily drop BP just before that, I think. This event is supposed to help players with many undercovered 3*s. The longer you play (before you're a hardened, fully transitioned vet), the more you have. Including Daken, GSBW, BP, She-Hulk and others.
  • Arondite
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I don't get it. BP was vaulted when he was rewarded on the very first day of DPDQ, too. No one complained of that except that one guy who sold his daily drop BP just before that, I think. This event is supposed to help players with many undercovered 3*s. The longer you play (before you're a hardened, fully transitioned vet), the more you have. Including Daken, GSBW, BP, She-Hulk and others.

It's not that Daken is vaulted. That's not the problem. As I said before, the problem is that Daken came up a short time (in the order of days or possibly hours) in DPDQ before being unvaulted.

I know this is not malicious, it is just sad.
    Ark wrote:

I know, and I will (I have heroics, tacos, event tokens and standards on both accounts). Tha'ts not what I'm arguing / saying. I'm saying it's a sad circumstance that he comes back from the vault such a short time after his free cover was available in DPDQ.

I feel like you guys are getting the impression this is an emtional tirade against DPDQ, which it isn't. I'm just commenting on the sadness of the situation. If you don't see how the circumstance could provide that sentiment...I don't know what to say. Lol.
  • MojoWild
    Options
    I still don't get the issue. More Daken for people who want him is a bad thing?
    I don't see it as sad or distasteful it anything. It's a non-issue.
  • I really don't feel bad, if someone had no daken covers they still have none. If they had one, now they have two, not a dramatic increase in power. If they have been hoarding tokens just for Daken to come back so they can finally earn their first cover for him, then they are oddly patient and well informed about which characters they want, yet somehow haven't earned any of his covers to date. This hypothetical player is likely exceedingly rare, and most players either said thank you for the cover I needed or 500 iso, or thank heavens I don't need to scrounge up the HP to add ANOTHER 1 cover 3* to my roster even if it is a pretty good one.
  • MojoWild
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    locked wrote:

It's not that Daken is vaulted. That's not the problem. As I said before, the problem is that Daken came up a short time (in the order of days or possibly hours) in DPDQ before being unvaulted.

I know this is not malicious, it is just sad.
    Ark wrote:

I'm just commenting on the sadness of the situation. If you don't see how the circumstance could provide that sentiment...I don't know what to say. Lol.

You could explain why you think it's sad. Specifically, because I'm missing something.
  • Arondite
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    I still don't get the issue. More Daken for people who want him is a bad thing?
    I don't see it as sad or distasteful it anything. It's a non-issue.

So you don't see any way in which this situation could be sad?

You don't see how this would feel slightly different to a player who doesn't have Daken than the other [vaulted/unavailable characters]?

It's a case of "Oh, I don't have Magneto and Magneto isn't available in packs. I guess I miss this round." VS "Oh, I don't have Daken and Daken isn't available in packs, so I miss this round. It's a crying shame Daken is coming back to packs this week, so the timing really bit me."

You really can't see any difference there? lol.