What's your worst streak for token pulls?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
After opening my season 10-pack, I'm now on a 0/27 streak, so I'm here looking to make myself not feel bad about the game. I'm still fairly new with a 94/94/94 2* team and, and have no 3 or 4 star characters with 5 covers in a color, so I'm wondering if I'm a statistical outlier here, or if this I fairly common in the game. I didn't even start counting until I noticed I wasn't getting any pulls, so I'm probably something like 1/40-45 at this point, as I only got one 3 star during the Cyclops event, and I got two gold tokens from every mini-event.

Anyone have a worse story?

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the past 9 days I have pulled, (and had to sell for iso), 7 black Punishers. And in the past week, I've pulled 16 Carol Danvers 2* covers, ( 11 of which were red, and all were sold for iso).

Sometimes, the draws are just **** icon_cry.gif . It happens. Of course, I did pull 1,000 Hp from a taco token. icon_e_biggrin.gif And just this morning, I pulled a Cyclops and Mystique from other tokens. (EotS tokens I think).

You win some, you lose some icon_e_wink.gif .
  • Yeah, it really is random. I remember going over a week without a gold draw, then pulled something like 5 out of 10.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    I seem to go in cycles. I will have 3 weeks with 0 3*s then get a batch all in one week. Other times, they will just trickle in at a more normal rate, seeing 1-2 covers a week.

I just consider the bad weeks forcing me to restock ISO.
  • Every so often I'll go a couple weeks without a gold pull, and then it gets broken by a ton in a row. The most recent time, two-three weeks without, followed by like five in two days, including a red 4* Thor and Starlord within twenty minutes of each other.

There was also the six weeks or so I didn't open any non-event tokens at all, but that was on purpose.
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Just after a streak of 35 gold tokens, then pulled a Cyclops, then now another 12 with nothing. Though around the start of that streak I pulled 5 3* from standard tokens in 2 days.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The last time I saved up 100 silver tokens I got exactly zero 3* rewards. Statistically speaking, I should have gotten about 3. So that's 100-in-a-row. Pretty bad, yeah?
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    64 golds with no 3 or 4*on the trot was my worst back in October & November last year.

December though yielded 5 Fury's in 3 weeks so was probably worth the wait.

saved up all of January's & opened them in 1 go (think was 168 standard & 51 gold) which netted me 19 golds which was quite impressive.

12 Taco's on the trot now without a 3* though

Seems to come in batches - always seem to do better if I open in bunches rather than individually but I'm sure its random.
  • racanrpa
    Options
    Once i opened at once 42 tokens, including a 10 pack, several heroes tokens, aprox 25 normal, and the rest from previous events. That gave me 51 1-2 star.png (41 single tokens+10 from the 10pack)
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Collected 60+ standard tokens and opened all together ... all 1-2*s ... and then the last one was Mischief. Loki is a sneaky bastard.
  • Well in terms of Standard Recruitment Tokens, that would be today...I opened 121 cards....not. One. ****. Gold. Card.

Seriously, did they get rid of gold cards from the RNG because of DDT(aco)Q, or something? Before this the worst I'd go was about 60 cards.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Depends on whether you mean no gold from Heroics, or nothing useful. I think Ive pulled one, maybe two, useful golds from Heroics since mid December. But Ive tossed countless yellow Spidey, black Frank and a few others. I think my worst streak of 2*s was 60+...which gets quite demoralizing. I actually stopped opening them at that point and horded. Made it up to 50 or 60 Heroics and 600 Standards.
  • Monsoon wrote:
    Well in terms of Standard Recruitment Tokens, that would be today...I opened 121 cards....not. One. tinykitty. Gold. Card.

Seriously, did they get rid of gold cards from the RNG because of DDT(aco)Q, or something? Before this the worst I'd go was about 60 cards.

0-for-121 is unlikely, but it will happen about one-in-11 times. Remember, there's only about a 2% chance of pulling a gold from a standard.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Except for the Japan sub in EotS, I have finished Top 2 in every sub. So that is 2 tokens per sub, plus the ones that are available in the nodes, and the one in progression. Out of all those tokens, 0 3*. Also on the 2* only taco token train, so 0 for 12 there. Daily resupply did have a heroic, and I pulled a Punisher Green.
  • it lasted about two weeks, but i opened around 100 gold tokens and got 1 3*. The only saving grace was during that time i opened around 200 standard tokens and got 5-6 3* and 2 4*, including two standard tokens in a row giving me Sentry covers.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    after a huge bounty during anniversary week, I got nothing for a season, not even in the 10pack. It happens