metrics i'd like to see

Options
simonsez
simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I'd like to see how many people completed the gauntlet, vs how many people reach 1100 in PvP, vs how many clear the last progression in PvE. My guess is they're all widely different, even though the award for each is a 3*

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    I'd like to see how many people completed the gauntlet, vs how many people reach 1100 in PvP, vs how many clear the last progression in PvE. My guess is they're all widely different, even though the award for each is a 3*

Not many, even fewer, and more than you'd think. As a % of the forum base, I'd bet the numbers are decent, but as a function of the player base as a whole, I'd wager they're all low percentages.

Personally:
    I didn't technically complete the gauntlet, I never bothered with the essentials in the first sub, but I did get Loki. I assume that's 'completed' as far as this goes.
    I can reach 1100, but often don't, because I don't care enough to be bothered with the HP expense.
    Even joining late I haven't had much issue lately. This is actually relatively easy compared to the other two.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't know if this means anything but my Global Domination [bracket] didn't hit 10k till the final day

Personally, I completed the Gauntlet, always hit all PVE progression, have never made 1100 in PVP
  • i got none of those 3 icon_razz.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tend to do all 3 if I bother trying. PVE is heavily skewed to players with less competitive rosters while PVP is skewed to the more competitive ones so I imagine that you'll see a lot more PVE than PVP positives.
  • Metrics I'D like to see:

1- Which pve events drive the sales of health packs the best (bet my right ball it's heroic)
    2 - What percentage of the total player base has a character at lvl270. Same for lvl166, lvl94 and lvl50
    3 - How many people sold Sentry after the nerf
    4 - How many people sold cMags after the nerf
    5 - Of the people that sold cMags, how many have him levelled and covered currently
    6 - What percentage of the player base ever spends a single red cent on the game
    7 - Of the ones that don't, how many stick around for more than a month
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1 - if 'completing' means "won loki" - I completed it. But I didn't do the essentials on the first 2 screens. Based on the 20 in my alliance (combination of established 3* and 2-3* transitioners) - winning Loki is the hardest of the 3 things you are looking to track.
    2 - hitting 1100 in PVP is well within reach for me - but I usually only do it if I am pushing explicitly for the 1100 copy of the feature or for the 1300 4*. (Or if it comes as a side-effect of driving for placement.)
    3 - Last progression in PVE is probably not difficult for anyone. Top scores in the last several PVE have been 2x-3.5x the top progression prize. I think, of the 3 metrics you are looking for, this one is probably the easiest.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    1- Which pve events drive the sales of health packs the best (bet my right ball it's heroic)
    2 - What percentage of the total player base has a character at lvl270. Same for lvl166, lvl94 and lvl50
    3 - How many people sold Sentry after the nerf
    4 - How many people sold cMags after the nerf
    5 - Of the people that sold cMags, how many have him levelled and covered currently
    6 - What percentage of the player base ever spends a single red cent on the game
    7 - Of the ones that don't, how many stick around for more than a month

1 - I'll bet the reward is a better leading indicator than format. The first run of "Meet Rocket & Groot" (to win 4* Thor covers) probably sold through the roof. They are hoping lightning strikes again with this run of Prodigal Sun.
    2 - This is actually an interesting number. I would like to see layers too (how many with a lvl270 4* are still holding on to a lvl50 1*.)
    3 - if we could sub-divide this out to display how well covered, and how well leveled (within bands) that would also be interesting.
    4 - Same as #3
    5 - I think there is more sellers-remorse from those who liquidated Mags than a lot of other nerfed characters. The cMags changes definitely broke his "infinitely long turns" mechanic, but they left him a fairly solid character that can still dish damage..
    6 - This would be interesting... and we know they have these metrics.
    7 - These are each lost opportunities for them; I know they know how many people start the game but never drop money.

I would be curious to see a blend of 6+7 as well... for players in different places in their timeline - what percentage have spent *ever*, and what percentage have spent in the last 90 days. (I know they know these numbers too - but there is no chance they will divulge the data.)