What's with the high data usage?

1.3gb in a month? I know i play this a lot, but how much data does this game really need to transfer. Should just be a couple of text data points, instead i see the graphics go up and down with my connection speed and that doesn't even make sense

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    1.3gb in a month? I know i play this a lot, but how much data does this game really need to transfer. Should just be a couple of text data points, instead i see the graphics go up and down with my connection speed and that doesn't even make sense
    I have to agree. There's no reason for it. All the heavy data items like animations etc should be client side with the server just sending basic commands to the client to execute them.
  • I think this was a problem with R65 and it was fixed with a mini update in between but I didn't check if it is fixed myself. You'll need to check your network tab in resource manager through task manager in Windows if on Steam. Depends on your phone how to check it if you're playing it mobile. Before anyone asks, yes this was a problem in both versions of the game.

I'm sure tobi69 in this forum followed this thing pretty closely. He can post his insights if he sees this thread.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    most of that was likely consumed in the first 3-4 days following R65 launch. there was a massive data leak where most people used over 1gb in 3 days. while the issue was acknowledged here on the forums, the general player base were never informed of the issue.