Syncing through facebook

TheHueyFreeman
TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I have been using an iPad and android phone to play this game and they were synced through facebook. Recently, I had to replace my phone and need to re sync the account but it doesn't look like I can do it the way I used to. Does anyone have advice?

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never used a phone, only my ipad. I just tried last night to sync it on my wife's phone and I just kept getting "can't link to Facebook" errors over and over. So, I have no idea about the answer to your question but I'd like to know the answer too icon_e_smile.gif
  • I bought a new android table yesterday & was able to synch without any problems.

Here are the steps that worked for me:

1: My old table had been set up for Facebook backups.
    2: Downloaded game on the new tablet & skipped the tutorials so I could access the Facebook backup button.
    3: Selected the backup option & received the poorly worded screen that makes it seem like you will lose your data.
    4: Selected load from the above screen & my characters all popped up.

Good luck.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    FlaDoc wrote:
    I bought a new android table yesterday & was able to synch without any problems.

Here are the steps that worked for me:

1: My old table had been set up for Facebook backups.
    2: Downloaded game on the new tablet & skipped the tutorials so I could access the Facebook backup button.
    3: Selected the backup option & received the poorly worded screen that makes it seem like you will lose your data.
    4: Selected load from the above screen & my characters all popped up.

Good luck.
    It worked.
    I didn't try it before because it seemed that it would delete my account.
  • The wording on that screen is terrible. I believe it is trying to tell you all the data currently on the device will be overwritten. I expect to see a lot more posts like this as people pick up new tables for Christmas.