D3P : What's your strategy with ISO ?

2»

Comments

• My app is always on, and I don't always have AI seed teams. Never understood why.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:
    My app is always on, and I don't always have AI seed teams. Never understood why.

This. I've tried this countless times and I have randomly gotten one of these results:

-Exactly the initial three seed teams remain and once beaten, they're are replaced by "normal" nodes.
    -The seed teams are replaced once, for a total of six seed teams before the "normal" appear.
    -No seed teams at all, even the initial ones are gone.
  • My playstyle so far (but it is random) :

Grind the seed teams, up to 100 at least. Usually when you reach 109, you get normal nodes.

Then :

Use the loaner and 2 other 1* not levelled characters and lose.

Most of the time, you get seed teams again.

Lately, for an unknown reason, my MMR in LR was quite low, so I could face 2* teams over and over again, sometimes for the 1,5 hour.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    LR's seem a bit random. Even with what should be a good MMR I can occasionally get seed teams all the way to 200+. Other times I get 166/200+ teams as my seed teams, even at the start of an event. The times I start high I usually tank to face 94's then win a few to hit 100 and stop. Next LR I tend to get heavy amounts of seed teams.

REGARDLESS, the issue is that it would be more healthy to distribute ISOs more evenly rather than expect players to LR like mad. LR's don't even occur on the weekend when players are more likely to have free time. The amount of levels I gain a week are mostly tied to how much I can play from Tuesday at noon to Thursday at noon.
  • There's something that causes all the seed teams to get flushed out, but if you don't have your application open at the time of the LR (or any other event) started that's a way to nearly guaranteed you won't see the seed teams. I've had the seed teams gone after the first game and I've had 15 seed teams an hour after LR started and there doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern, but I think being hit by any player resets your seed queue and maybe that's why waiting for a bit, provided you don't plan to place well in LR, is not a bad idea because at the end of LR people wouldn't want to be hitting your 0-100 point team that's still working on seed teams but anyone who missed the seed teams will have no choice but to do that and thus hitting your team at the beginning of a LR.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    LR's seem a bit random. Even with what should be a good MMR I can occasionally get seed teams all the way to 200+. Other times I get 166/200+ teams as my seed teams, even at the start of an event. The times I start high I usually tank to face 94's then win a few to hit 100 and stop. Next LR I tend to get heavy amounts of seed teams.

REGARDLESS, the issue is that it would be more healthy to distribute ISOs more evenly rather than expect players to LR like mad. LR's don't even occur on the weekend when players are more likely to have free time. The amount of levels I gain a week are mostly tied to how much I can play from Tuesday at noon to Thursday at noon.

Now that they've added Psylocke and She-Hulk, LRs are more fun to play. Let's hope they add more characters soon.

I agree we should not grind LRs to get Iso. We should play LRs for fun.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Phantron wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    From December onward I have always farmed over 100K iso a week.
    Like Franckynight mentioned I hit LR for 75% of that.
    If you haven't figured it out LR's are the single best source of iso on the game and if you use them you will see your iso levels jump.
    This is true no matter what level roster you have.
    It isn't about winning it is about farming the seed teams like crazy and almost any level roster can beat the easy seed teams.

People who tout LRs as an incredible Iso source seem to overestimate (likely based on their own experiences) the amount of time and commitment other people have. If you don't hit the LR at exactly 1:30:00 you will not get more than 6 seeds, in my experience. Miss the start by two minutes and there's a very good chance you won't get even the initial set of 3. Then you have to frantically go through battles as fast as possible until you run out of seed teams. You'll be surprised to know that the amount of people who can stop everything else going in their lives for 10 or so minutes exactly every 2 hours is fairly low.

You can just leave the application on. You don't have to be playing at the time the event started, just as long as it's open before the event started. Of course you do have to be able to play before the LR ended.

Leaving the application on can help with obtaining/keeping seed teams, but it hardly negates the fact you still need to be available every two hours. Don't know many people who have the luxury of putting everything on hold every two hours to play a mobile phone game. (Which, from what I've read, is also part of why there are constant requests for PvE refreshes to stop being every 2.5ish hours.)

Actually, you need to be available every 2 hrs to get the seed teams, then available again 70 minutes later in order to play the end of the round. Doesn't seem particularly feasible / sustainable for most people with... any sort of responsibility outside of a match-3 game.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    From December onward I have always farmed over 100K iso a week.
    Like Franckynight mentioned I hit LR for 75% of that.
    If you haven't figured it out LR's are the single best source of iso on the game and if you use them you will see your iso levels jump.
    This is true no matter what level roster you have.
    It isn't about winning it is about farming the seed teams like crazy and almost any level roster can beat the easy seed teams.

People who tout LRs as an incredible Iso source seem to overestimate (likely based on their own experiences) the amount of time and commitment other people have. If you don't hit the LR at exactly 1:30:00 you will not get more than 6 seeds, in my experience. Miss the start by two minutes and there's a very good chance you won't get even the initial set of 3. Then you have to frantically go through battles as fast as possible until you run out of seed teams. You'll be surprised to know that the amount of people who can stop everything else going in their lives for 10 or so minutes exactly every 2 hours is fairly low.
    Even if you miss the seeds and just do like 5 fights to get to 100 and clock out (maybe like 10 minutes of gameplay), that's still a cool 1k ISO for way less work than other methods (140+100+250+5*105ish)
  • Lystrata wrote:

Leaving the application on can help with obtaining/keeping seed teams, but it hardly negates the fact you still need to be available every two hours. Don't know many people who have the luxury of putting everything on hold every two hours to play a mobile phone game. (Which, from what I've read, is also part of why there are constant requests for PvE refreshes to stop being every 2.5ish hours.)

Actually, you need to be available every 2 hrs to get the seed teams, then available again 70 minutes later in order to play the end of the round. Doesn't seem particularly feasible / sustainable for most people with... any sort of responsibility outside of a match-3 game.

I don't make most of the LRs either but I'm just saying if you want the seed teams and plan to be somewhat available during that time, it's relatively easy to leave the application on sometime before the LR started. Obviously if you were never going to be available at that time then nothing could've helped you. I don't purposely try to start LR toward the end. Usually I have the application on and then I start doing other stuff and then remembered that LRs are going on and as long as I remembered it sometime before the LR ended I'll still have the seed teams.
  • To date, no answer from David or IceIX ?

This is an important issue. And many players are concerned.

Please let us know something.
  • im not sure if this is on topic, but I have saved up 320k ISO, in the past I have always use them up and only leave aobut 20-30k for emergency upgrading. Now I have adopted an approach where leveling my characters too fast and too soon will result in significant scaling difficulty. Thus, I will level up characters very slowly and only feature characters etc. Now after doing this for a few events, I have noticed the scaling and difficulty are quite manageable.
  • dkffiv wrote:

This exactly. My time during the week is limited, so during the week if I have time it goes to the "real" events. I wish LRs were on the weekend, then I probably could squeeze in a few before the wife was up. As it stands I may play in one a week.
  • silverrex wrote:
    im not sure if this is on topic, but I have saved up 320k ISO, in the past I have always use them up and only leave aobut 20-30k for emergency upgrading. Now I have adopted an approach where leveling my characters too fast and too soon will result in significant scaling difficulty. Thus, I will level up characters very slowly and only feature characters etc. Now after doing this for a few events, I have noticed the scaling and difficulty are quite manageable.

You are absolutely right, but it is absurd...

A character should be maxed one day or another. If the result is terrible gameplay, it is absurd.

D3P want roster diversity (and money) but do EVERYTHING they can to shy people away from investing in the game and/or levelling their characters.

In case you did not understand, this is absurd. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    arktos1971 wrote:
    To date, no answer from David or IceIX ?

This is an important issue. And many players are concerned.

Please let us know something.

Dave and IceIX please hop to it. Arktos has summoned you to answer his pressing questions and he will not wait.
  • icon_e_biggrin.gif

Excellent