Colossus' Fastball Special Bug

Options
JamieMadrox
JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
Basically this is how it works. Colossus throws a character who is "in the air" for a number of turns, let's say 2, represented by a countdown. When the countdown gets to 0 the character lands and one of their powers triggers. However, if you kill Colossus right away then the countdown tile disappears and the character that was tossed lands immediately and their power triggers. It shouldn't happen this way. Logically once the character is in the air they should stay there for the number of turns indicated by the countdown regardless of Colossus' status.

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bump, i also have seen this bug.
  • Also if you use anti-gravity device while an enemies colossus' yellow tile is out it sets this timer up. It should be treated as a "friendly tile" because you want that timer to go down ASAP.
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    siebenvier wrote:
    Also if you use anti-gravity device while an enemies colossus' yellow tile is out it sets this timer up. It should be treated as a "friendly tile" because you want that timer to go down ASAP.
    I disagree. Just because you want something to work a certain way doesn't mean it should. OBW's AGD increases the timer on enemy countdowns. Period. Friendly or not.
  • Just imagine wolverine get send up into the air by Colossus Fast Ball Special
    and black widow use ANTI GRAVITY DEVICE.
    Suddenly there is no gravity... do you expect Wolverine to land earlier or later?
    Probably will only land when the device is switch off so it will be a number of turns more.
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

But I agree should be faster instead of slower.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had an issue where Colossus threw Hulk into the air. The first character was already down and then I took out Colossus and a critical tile remained keeping it my turn. I had nobody to attack and had to waste the critical. Hulk landed next turn, and did his damage. I think I won a couple of turns later but it was frustrating having nobody to attack.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    westnyy2 wrote:
    I had an issue where Colossus threw Hulk into the air. The first character was already down and then I took out Colossus and a critical tile remained keeping it my turn. I had nobody to attack and had to waste the critical. Hulk landed next turn, and did his damage. I think I won a couple of turns later but it was frustrating having nobody to attack.

Would you rather that Hulk land on you, deal damage, and activate Smash on you on your turn? Thats what happens with X-Force Yellow, and everyone is calling that a bug as well.

I'd rather have creative and evocative abilities with very infrequent corner-cases of difficulty than have more plain vanilla deal-x-damage effects.
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    Here's CS's response:
    Greetings D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused to you. We are thankful for the feedback you have submitted.

We take our customer's feedback very seriously and we will certainly discuss it with the rest of the team and take it into consideration for the next update.

I have personally added your feedback to our database. Hopefully, there will be a fix for this issue coming soon.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.
    Sounds like a bug confirmation to me.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like a boilerplate response to me icon_lol.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    Sounds like a boilerplate response to me icon_lol.gif
    Most CS departments use boilerplates for confirmation. I know mine does.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm aware and that was kind of my point haha

(i.e. it's not a confirmation of anything other than they responded to your e-mail)