Surprise! It's Stealth Season Six!

Options
BearVenger
BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
Um, so in fifteen minutes, we'll have another season starting up. Huzzah?

Comments

• Actually been expecting it.
  • BearVenger wrote:

Curious question.... how exactly is this a stealth surprise?

For at least the last two season breaks, the format has been to offer two non-season PvEs before introducing the new season.... which is exactly what is happened this season as well.

Or are you grumbling that the "Coming Soon" card wasn't posted for Real Steel until 1 hour before the event starts, instead of the usual 12-18 hour lead time on Versus events?
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah this is about the least stealthy thing ever.
  • ih8uf
    ih8uf Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    BearVenger wrote:

I was really hoping they'd hold off Season VI until after football was over...
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    BearVenger wrote:
    Or are you grumbling that the "Coming Soon" card wasn't posted for Real Steel until 1 hour before the event starts, instead of the usual 12-18 hour lead time on Versus events?

Yup, that's my grumble.
    If the crux of the game is promoting limited-time events, with an overall season structure, geez, promote it. Make a theme. Give yer customers/players a heads-up. Pump up some excitement.

Maybe they just didn't tell Dave Moore about this. Or the Gauntlet.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So the previous four season follow ups didn't clue you in? How much advance notice do you need for a three to four week "limited" time event that's based on the points of other PVPs? I would have been more surprised if this HADN'T started...