Don't like LV bags (complaint about spambots)

Options
Dninot
Dninot Posts: 214
NOT a game related post here, but is there any way you guys can put a better spam filter in to block out the spam bots? They really clutter up the place icon_mad.gif

Comments

• I don't know if it helps get them removed any quicker but I always mark them as spam (from the little red exclamation point in the white triangle) from the post screen. They are annoying but seem to disappear quickly.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    We're banning them as quickly as we see them and updating filters as we can, but we don't have 24/7 forum support. It's more workload on us too, prefer not to see them around.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    Would you guys be open to making player moderators in the future, if certain reputable players are willing to volunteer for it?
  • Dninot wrote:
    ...reputable players...
    Ha! I'm sure IceIX will agree to that if any ever show up here. heehee icon_e_wink.gif
  • Aint we hogunner ? Errr.....yes...I got a Loki....now what was I saying ?.....
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    Aint we hogunner ? Errr.....yes...I got a Loki....now what was I saying ?.....

You were just saying how you were going to gift me a Loki! What? What do you mean you can't gift covers? Rubbish! icon_razz.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Dninot wrote:
    Would you guys be open to making player moderators in the future, if certain reputable players are willing to volunteer for it?

It's always a possibility in the future.
  • How about using a better captcha? The one that is currently in the registration isn't that easy for humans but is obviously trivial for computers. Not a good combination.