*** Beast (Classic) ***

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in Character Details
[anchor=beast3]Beast (Classic)[/anchor] icon_beast.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 8670 Tile damage: 70/13/79/12/61/11
    Mutagenic Breakthrough - Cost: 6 Blue AP
    Hank’s genetic experiments can have unpredictable results. Creates a 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that converts 2 random Blue basic tiles into strength 44 Strike, Protect or Attack tiles.
      Level 2. Creates a 2-turn Countdown tile. Level 3. Creates strength 51 Special tiles. Level 4. Creates a 1-turn Countdown tile and strength 55 Special tiles. Level 5. Creates 3 Special tiles.
    Max Level: Creates 3 Special tiles of strength 174.
      Animal Inside - Cost: 9 Green AP
      Jumping and slashing as he moves through enemies, Hank can barely control his animal side. Deals 192 to all enemies. If there’s a friendly Blue Special tile on the board, Beast smashes up his lab destroying 3 random basic tiles, each dealing 33 to all enemies, but not generating AP.
        Level 2. Deals 219 to all enemies. Level 3. If there is a friendly Blue Special tile on the board, destroys 6 tiles. Level 4. Deals 246 to all enemies. Level 5. If there is a friendly Blue Special tile on the board, destroys 12 tiles.
      Max Level: Deals 780 to all enemies, destroys 12 tiles dealing 104 damage per tile.
        Medical Marvel - Cost: 11 Yellow AP
        Dr. McCoy uses his medical triage skills to patch up the team before they rush back into battle. Gives a burst of 383 health to allies. If there’s a friendly Blue Special tile on the board, he provides a gadget to aid them. 1 basic Blue tile becomes a strength 16 Protect tile.
          Level 2. Gives a burst of 490 health to allies. Level 3. Creates 2 protect tiles of strength 16. Level 4. Gives a burst of 689 health to allies. Level 5. Creates 3 protect tiles of strength 37.
        Max Level: Heals for 2191 health and creates 3 protect tiles of strength 121.

Old version
        [anchor=beast3]Beast (Classic)[/anchor]
        3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
        At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile damage: 70/13/79/12/61/11
          Mutagenic Breakthrough - 8 Blue AP
          Hank has big plans for a genetic experiment that might lead to unpredictable results. Creates a 3 turn Blue Countdown tile that, when activated, converts 4 surrounding basic tiles into random special tiles with strength 22.
            Level 2: Creates special tiles of strength 28 Level 3: Reduces to 2 turn countdown Level 4: Creates special tiles of strength 33 Level 5: Reduces to 1 turn countdown
          Max Level: 4 strength 105 special tiles
            Animal Inside - Green 9 AP
            Jumping and slashing as he moves through enemies, Hank can barely control his animal side. Deals 137 damage to all enemies. If there's a friendly Blue special tile on the board, Beast smashes up his lab destroying 3 random tiles, each dealing 33 to all enemies but not generating AP.
              Level 2: 164 damage to all enemies Level 3: Destroys 6 random tiles Level 4: 219 damage to all enemies Level 5: Destroys 12 random tiles
            Max Level: 696 damage / 12 tiles destroyed at 104 damage each
              Medical Marvel - Yellow 11 AP
              Dr. McCoy uses his medical triage skills to patch up the team before they rush back into battle. Gives a burst of 274 health to allies. If there's a friendly Blue special tile on the board, he provides a gadget to aid them. 1 Yellow tile becomes a strength 16 Protect tile.
                Level 2: Gives a burst of 356 health to allies. Level 3: Increases to 2 Protect tiles. Level 4: Gives a burst of 493 health to allies. Level 5: Increases to 3 strength 21 Protect tiles.
              Max Level: 1564 healing / 3 strength 69 Protect tiles

Original post:
              IceIX announced that a new X-Men member would be arriving soon, and also announced that a character with a name starting with B would be arriving soon.
              Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Isay_Isay
                Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
                edited July 2014
                Bazzler? Bubilee? Biceman?

EDIT: Oops, missed one-
                250px-Biclops.png
              • falsep77
                falsep77 Posts: 35
                lmao what if it's two characters?
              • I opened up the wikipedia list of X-Men and this is who it came up with. I left out a handful like Black Knight from Excalibur who don't belong on the list.

Beast
                Banshee
                Bishop
                Box
                Boom-Boom
                Blink
                Beak
                Blindfold (first one on the list I've never heard of)
                Bling! (second one)
                Broo (huh? at least the others are words)
                Bird-Brain
                Butterfly (X-Factor; aka Layla miller)
                Basilisk (I think we're getting really obscure here)
                Boggart (ditto)
                Black Queen
                Big Bertha (if GLX counts)

I think Beast is probably the most likely, but I think Banshee, Bishop, and Blink are all legitimate possibilities. Also, Black Queen was on Norman Osbourne's X-Men, apparently, so that might tie into Dark Reign, if this has been in the mix for a while.

EDIT: Nonce, how about a poll until wee know who it is? Who do you expect or who do you want?
              • falsep77
                falsep77 Posts: 35
                With Sue and Johnny already here, it might be Ben Grimm?
              • Clearly it's going to be Black Widow (4-star).
              • falsep77 wrote:
                With Sue and Johnny already here, it might be Ben Grimm?

I'm not holding my breath.
              • HairyDave
                HairyDave Posts: 1,574
                Bishop! Bishop! Bishop! Bishop! Bishop! Bishop!

(But I think there was a silhouette that looked suspiciously Beast-like wasn't there?)
              • Houtro
                Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
                icon_e_biggrin.gif Yo! Ur more than welcome Mr. McCoy.
              • Phaserhawk
                Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
                DUDE I SO CALLED THIS. I WILL ALSO BET $ THAT IT UTILIZES THE SAME SCREEN ANIMATIONS AS DAKEN AND WOLVERINE AND ALL IT WILL LOOK LIKE IS WOLVERINE WITH BLUE FUR. Sorry for the Caps but I so called this, I knew resource wise it was too easy to make Beast and just do a new skin over him. I could be wrong, but so far I'm thinking I"m right.
              • HairyDave wrote:
                (But I think there was a silhouette that looked suspiciously Beast-like wasn't there?)

Did I miss the unveiling of new silhouettes somewhere?
              • IamTheDanger
                IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
                edited August 2014
                Beast makes most sense because he was both an Xman and an Avenger. However, if they did Bishop, they can just use Captain Marvels energy absorption and Punishers/GSBW/Hoods guns. Either one is good for me. In facr I'd like both. Yeah, how about both?

Also, is there a new silhouette somewhere? If so, can someone post a link or the name the thread please?

Thanks JJ

EDIT:.... Just to point out, ICEIX said we are getting a new Xman soon, and a new character thats name starts with "B" and comes before Black Panther alphabetically. That does not mean that the new "B" character is necessarily an Xman. Someone mentioned Ben Grimm, which might be it. He would help round out the Fan Four nicely. It could be there is "B" named hero AND an Xman both coming soon. However, as above, if the "B" name is an Xman, I kinda want Bishop more than Beast, but both are good.
              • If its him, I'm betting a blue furry wolvie reskin, matching animations, and copied abilities (one minor damage+strike tiles, one heavy damage), with the last ability being the only non-lazy thing there, probably something relating to beast's intelligence.
              • HairyDave wrote:
                If you're talking about this image, the fourth guy is the Sentry.
              • HairyDave
                HairyDave Posts: 1,574
                HairyDave wrote:

Did I miss the unveiling of new silhouettes somewhere?
                Muspel wrote:
                HairyDave wrote:
                If you're talking about this image, the fourth guy is the Sentry.

It was only mumblings I may or may not have misread. I never saw the silhouette I was referring to.
              • you forgot black tom cassidy
              • coolbond wrote:
                you forgot black tom cassidy

Was he ever a member of the X-Men? I only knew him as a villain.
              • MunitionsFrenzy
                MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
                Nonce's assumption in making this thread comes from IceIX's list in this first post, which suggests an upcoming character whose name comes lexicographically between B and Black Panther, leaving Beast as well as Bishop, Banshee, etc as options. Seems rather silly to name the thread like this already, but w/e.
              • Nonce Equitaur 2
                Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
                Nonce's assumption in making this thread comes from IceIX's list in this first post, which suggests an upcoming character whose name comes lexicographically between B and Black Panther, leaving Beast as well as Bishop, Banshee, etc as options. Seems rather silly to name the thread like this already, but w/e.

From the Level Shift thread.
                IceIX wrote:
                We've got another X-Men coming somewhat soon.

From the same thread.
                IceIX wrote:
                kensterr wrote:
                1. Scott, Emma, Piotr or Anna Marie as the next X-Men cover?
                1) No, no, no, no.
              • It should be Dark Beast. That way it will be what they hinted at/told us but with a twist!
              • MunitionsFrenzy
                MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
                From the Level Shift thread.
                IceIX wrote:
                We've got another X-Men coming somewhat soon.

From the same thread.
                IceIX wrote:
                kensterr wrote:
                1. Scott, Emma, Piotr or Anna Marie as the next X-Men cover?
                1) No, no, no, no.
                ...Are you trying to say Bishop and Banshee weren't X-men?