Steam - after update won't load

Options
Grrwaaa
Grrwaaa Posts: 19
After Dec 13 update

It gets to about 30% loading, starts over, then says there is no internet connection. There is a thread on steam forums about this with so far eight contributors all having this exact problem.

I did restart my machine, restart steam, no dice.

Comments

• Grrwaaa
    Options
    I'd like to add that after quitting out, the process still runs. Don't know if that is related, but intermittently, I can't just close and relaunch without getting the task manager involved.
  • they didnt care about us pc user?still cant connect from last night..sigh..I need answer please
  • This is very disappointing.

I have covers expiring I was about to redeem and loosing places in the current tournament which I was doing very well.. but haven't been able to connect for 2 days now. Steam forums are filled with people who can't connect.
  • Starting to suspect that this is a Routing issue between Verizon and the game servers.
  • Apparently those customers that have FIOS have been hit by this bug. So after the update, whatever the devs pushed through must conflict with some ISP mumbo jumbo.
    The detective work is still developing as some steam users (predominantly non-FIOS/Verizon) are able to log on.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    For what it's worth, I have Verizon DSL (non-FiOS though they call me every week trying to get me to upgrade) and I am also experiencing the bug.

EDIT: Looks like I'm back in business.
  • All these people saying the Android version is messed up are probably trying to connect on Verizon 3/4G networks as well
  • For what its worth when they first installed the update the game wouldn't load on my PC or phone, after a few hours it finally worked on my phone, I finally got it to work on my PC today by unplugging the ethernet connection and just using wireless, don't know if that will help anyone else or not, good luck!