PSA: Welcome To Our New Forum!

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Hi Everyone!

We’re launching a brand new design for the D3 Go forum! We've been working on it for a while, and we can't wait to show you!

Want to get in on the action? If you’re a returning user, your login username and password is the same — otherwise you can create a new account.

Having trouble logging in? Try requesting a password reset, or send an email to our forum admin and they’ll help you out: foradmin@d3go.com

Some things to check out:

New Layout
  • We’ve made a few adjustments to make it easier for you to navigate around the site
Post a new thread with the WYSIWYG editor
  • What you see is what you get! No more struggling to get the HTML code correct, or lining up brackets correctly. Just edit and format your content as you go, like you would for any document or email.
Ranks & Titles
  • Don’t see your title from the old forum? Not to worry! Just make another post and it should re-appear!
Check out a profile or two (or three)
  • New Badges - Show off your forum achievements!
  • New Reactions - See how much everyone likes you!
React more to a post
  • Not just a Like button anymore. Now you get a bunch of new Reactions to show how much you appreciate someone’s contribution
Advanced Notifications
  • Now you can set notifications, both in-forum or via email, for even more scenarios. (Email notifications should be disabled by default)

Please let us know if anything doesn’t work the way you expect, or if you have trouble with anything at all.

Thanks again, and we hope you enjoy the new D3 Go forum!

- The D3 Go! Team

Comments

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Going to take me a little bit to get used to this.
    One thing I notice that is missing is the names of people viewing the forum at the bottom of the page. Wish that was still there.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All the smileys are admittedly a bit disconcerting.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This... Is gonna take some getting used to. I do like that you're trying something new though. However the forums look, er, interesting on phone. 
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can you change your horrible profile pic from mobile? 
  • Sorin81
    Options
    Yeah mobile version is pretty bad. Was able to change my pic when I switched to full site view.
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    lose the avatars on the list of discussions wow. LOTS of visual clutter.

Hoping this will be better somehow
  • Justyce
    Justyce Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    The face icons on the left of each post is horrible how can we remove it. 
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How we can mark all as read? Couldn't find a way to get rid of new mark on all posts after migration 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Szamsziel said:
    How we can mark all as read? Couldn't find a way to get rid of new mark on all posts after migration 
    It's the little gear thing on the right-hand side of each topic. One can "mute" or "mark as read"

Really difficult to see/navigate to on a mobile phone ????
  • tinyau
    tinyau Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    All polls are lost, new forum not compatible with the polls posted by old forum. New forum don't even support poll at all.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, the navigation on a mobile is.. Not that perfect. Still looking for the 'mark all topics as read' option
  • zolesz
    zolesz Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So what happened to the upvotes in the Suggestions & Feedback forum?
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, the navigation on a mobile is.. Not that perfect. Still looking for the 'mark all topics as read' option
    Found it. On mobile: switch to computer view. On name of particular forum is Mark as viewed. Then you can switch back to mobile. If anyone find another way - please share. 
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    On the web version, how do you tell which ones are unread? I also can't find a "view unread" button to skip the posts I've already read in a thread. That was my most used feature of the old forums.
  • Sorin81
    Options
    I'm not sure. I know if there is an unread comment in a thread it will have a box after the title that says new.
    I think I'm going to be doing a lot of switching back and forth from mobile to desktop versions for a while. At least until I can find everything.
  • majincob
    Options
    Sorin81 said:
    I'm not sure. I know if there is an unread comment in a thread it will have a box after the title that says new.
    I think I'm going to be doing a lot of switching back and forth from mobile to desktop versions for a while. At least until I can find everything.
    Oh, thanks I see it now
  • majincob
    Options
    And it jumped straight to the new post, so that's ok.
  • Sorin81
    Options
    I noticed that as well. That is actually one thing I like, no more scrolling to the end.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    the mtgpq banner is too big?

HH
  • majincob
    Options
    Yeah, not a fan of the "featured posts" and huge banner I have to scroll past every time.