[POLL] SCL 8 demographics

MarkersMake
MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
After seeing mpqr7's thread on Shield ranks, and having recently reached level 51 myself, I was curious about the makeup of rosters that qualify for SCL 8. I'm solidly in 3* land, but somehow, I'm only half a level from qualifying for the current top tier of rewards.

So let's hear it - if you qualify for SCL 8 (shield rank 52+), where are you in terms of roster makeup?

*Note that for the purposes of this poll, it doesn't matter if you actually play SCL 8 or not - only if you qualify for it.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    If you look at my roster, I just finished champing all 3* so I guess I am in the transition from 3-4. I am currently at level 64. It has more to do with me gaining XP by clearing nodes and churning through my 2* farm as well as adding levels to the other characters I have.

I generally only play SCL7 except for non competitive things like the pvp sim or season rewards.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    With 28 Champed 4*s I guess I have to accept it is almost time for 5* transition. I must confess there doesn't feel like there is much incentive to commit to 5* land though.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    I put 4 I'm at 17 champed fours and two fives have 11 covers but with widow about to go into classic I doubt I'll finish either of them any time soon.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I put 3-4 even though I don't have all 3* champed. Slowly getting there thougj and started working on my 4*
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* player with no intention of 5* transition yet. I have 22 4* championed and I will keep adding more. Of the 5* I only have 1 maxed covered (strange) and I will not champion him in the foreseeable future. Nobody else worth mentioning.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    I am currently level 86. Every 3 star champed. 28 4 stars champed. I have all of the 5 star toon's I think. None of them are champed. Or even fully covered. A few have 5 or more covers. Highest I have is OML at 390. Im not interested in leveling the 5 stars up atm. I still have 18 or more 4 stars to go........

What Shield rank would you need to be for level 9? Because I think I would qualify. However. Im still a minnow compared to a 5 star maxed roster.

It would need to be a big leap in rank required I think for levels 9 and 10 which has not been the case in previous ranks I feel.

Because based upon previous level increases I could probably qualify for level 10 too? Isn't that the same thing as now anyhow? With Lower level rosters in the same bandwidth as the top rosters?

I agree that the prizes need to match the levels however. Me getting a 4 star cover is relevant. However if you are top level that's like getting a 2 star cover. Not appropriate.

In addition to my above waffle something below from something " LordxBerk " posted in a different thread:

CL2 requires Shield Rank 7
    CL3 requires SR 10
    CL4 requires 15
    CL5 requires 20
    CL6 requires 27
    CL7 requires 32
    CL8 requires 52

So CL9 Requires?? 75?? we will still be in the same boat.

CL10 requires...................?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wasn't sure if I should put 3-4 transition or 4*. I have 5 4*s now so I put 4*. I figure 5 is enough that the my scaling is 4*.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would consider a 5* player to be one with at least two championed 5*s. My top two are only lv 420, so I'd still consider myself in the 4-5* transition.

I only need two more covers of each to become a 5* player, but it could take years for me to get there, since each draw of Classics only offers around a 1.5% chance of being both the character and the color I need (three possibilities at around 0.5% each).
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I've put 3-4

I've champed all the 3*s I want to (there's a few I'm really not that bothered about), and have 14 champed 4*s with a few more cover maxed.

I'm at level 75
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I would consider a 5* player to be one with at least two championed 5*s. My top two are only lv 420, so I'd still consider myself in the 4-5* transition.

I only need two more covers of each to become a 5* player, but it could take years for me to get there, since each draw of Classics only offers around a 1.5% chance of being both the character and the color I need (three possibilities at around 0.5% each).

I would restrict this definition a bit more and I think that you need at least three champed 5s (or 4s, 3s, etc) to be considered firmly established after the transition. You need to be able to fill a Sim / PvE team of three chars with champed 5s (or 4s, 3s, etc). I think that while having just two, even though specially with 5s you will be forced to use them everywhere, you are still transitioning, just a little bit closer to finishing the transition than others.

One reason for needing three is that when you have two you have not reached your 'maximum' scaling level, there is still a jump from two champed chars to three champed chars in that category.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

I would restrict this definition a bit more and I think that you need at least three champed 5s (or 4s, 3s, etc) to be considered firmly established after the transition. You need to be able to fill a Sim / PvE team of three chars with champed 5s (or 4s, 3s, etc). I think that while having just two, even though specially with 5s you will be forced to use them everywhere, you are still transitioning, just a little bit closer to finishing the transition than others.

One reason for needing three is that when you have two you have not reached your 'maximum' scaling level, there is still a jump from two champed chars to three champed chars in that category.
    MMR would disagree. If you have two 5* champs, or even 420+ you are a 5* player. Even in sim most people with multiple 5* champs will run XFDP as a 3rd.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I marked myself as 3-4* transition, but I'm only in the very early stages. I only have two 3*s left to champ (Thanos, who needs just one more black cover which will come the next time he runs in DDQ at the latest, and Ragnarok, who RNGesus has not been kind to).

I have all 4*s rostered, but none champed, or even close. Truth be told though, it may be awhile before any of them are; I'm real hesitant to blow up my scaling.

Oh, and I'm just shy of SCL 67.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    I'd say 4* as that's where most of my iso goes these days. Only 6 3* left to champ, 13 4* champs (the others are mostly at 9-13 covers). Missing 5* Thanos and BP. Rank 77.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    rg72 wrote:
    I've put 3-4

I've champed all the 3*s I want to (there's a few I'm really not that bothered about), and have 14 champed 4*s with a few more cover maxed.

I'm at level 75

14 champed 4* is not 3-4. That is easily 4 man...!
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I also put 3-4, and I have three champed 4*s. Wolverine, Elektra, and Invisible Woman. I use Wolverine often, Invisible Woman in specific situations, and Elektra on Kaecillius. I have an under-covered Star Lord that also sees play.

Most teams that I'm fielding are all 3* characters. I'd tend to think Skrofa is right, in that if I had 11 more champed 4*s I'd no longer be fielding most teams made up entirely of 3* characters.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I'm rank 62 with 0 champed fours (although 2 fully covered). Today is the day I finally champ Beast, my 40th 3*.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The better question might be what level are people at now - and why are more SCL's not open?

(MUCH) Better rewards at higher SCL's and all the toughest teams would flood to those, and the lower tiers would be -actual- progression for 3*'s into 4* and 4*'s into...well, CP, RNG, good luck there. More 4*'s I guess, that's what I get.

Example - I'm at level 93. I am not a buyer and not a green-check-mark PVE player and I have several un-champed characters and only one 5* going - so I am way under-leveled compared to some that play this game.

Yet still I have 41 more levels than I "need" to enter events. Why don't we have SCL10 open again? I don't care if it goes to 100 and I can't get in it yet - it gives me something to look forward to!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    They need to arrange things so that the top rank doesn't get filled. This solves all the problems.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I marked 4 --> 5 transition because I have several 5*s with enough covers to take them to 400+. I'm deliberately not doing that, though, because I don't want to be locked into using the same 3-4 characters all the time. Having a deep bench of 4* champs is the most fun I've had in this game and I'm in no rush to move further along until some kind of solution for the disaster that is Classic odds is implemented.