*** Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy) ***

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in Character Details
On the Marvel Site
IceIX edit: Added prerelease stats

[anchor=gamora3]Gamora[/anchor] icon_gamora.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 9690 Tile damage: 11/70/13/12/79/61/3.0
    Skull Cracker - Green 12 greentile.png
    Gamora grabs two of her enemies and smashes their heads together before throwing them into a third enemy. Gamora stuns up to 2 random enemies for 1 turn. She deals 82 damage to the enemy team.
      Level 2: Deals 148 damage to the enemy team. Level 3: Deals 219 damage to the enemy team. Level 4: Deals 361 damage to the enemy team. Level 5: Gamora stuns up to 2 random enemies for 2 turns.
    Max Level: 1148 damage, stuns 2 enemies for 2 turns
      Razor’s Edge - Red 5 redtile.png
      Gamora furiously slices her target with her sword. She does 208 damage to the target enemy.
        Level 2: Gamora deals 250 damage to the target enemy. Level 3: Gamora deals 291 damage to the target enemy. Level 4: Gamora deals 374 damage to the target enemy. Level 5: Gamora deals 541 damage to the target enemy.
      Max Level: 1719 damage
        Bad Reputation - Black 12 blacktile.png
        Gamora's reputation as the "Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy" precedes her. She converts a basic yellowtile.png into a strength 18 Strike tile for every 4 tiles that bear her symbol.
          Level 2: Gamora makes strength 22 Strike tiles. Level 3: Gamora makes strength 26 Strike tiles. Level 4: Gamora makes strength 33 Strike tiles. Level 5: Gamora makes strength 48 Strike tiles.
        Max Level: Strength 148 Strike tiles

greentile.pngGreen: Skull Cracker
        stunning two enemies then throwing the now limp bodies into the third, dealing damage to the whole enemy team

redtile.pngRed: Razor’s Edge
        Her Red is a low AP single target damaging ability that is intended to be used multiple times during the match and goes well with Strike tiles generated by her teammates. Gamora is a whirlwind of destruction, using her Red “Razor’s Edge” with impunity and making enemies pay for allowing any Strike tiles to lay on the board.

blacktile.pngBlack: Bad Reputation
        allows her to create Strike tiles on the board with more generated when she has more tiles bearing her icon, much like how Wolverine (Patch)’s “Best There Is” works for dealing damage

She is an out and out damage dealer. Running Green, Red, Black, Gamora brings three direct damage abilities to the table. Her Green cracks some skulls together, stunning two enemies then throwing the now limp bodies into the third, dealing damage to the whole enemy team. Her Red is a low AP single target damaging ability that is intended to be used multiple times during the match and goes well with Strike tiles generated by her teammates. Her third allows her to create Strike tiles on the board with more generated when she has more tiles bearing her icon, much like how Wolverine (Patch)’s “Best There Is” works for dealing damage. Gamora is a whirlwind of destruction, using her Red “Razor’s Edge” with impunity and making enemies pay for allowing any Strike tiles to lay on the board.
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• turul
          turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
          greentile.pngGreen: Skull Cracker
          stunning two enemies then throwing the now limp bodies into the third, dealing damage to the whole enemy team

redtile.pngRed: Razor’s Edge
          Her Red is a low AP single target damaging ability that is intended to be used multiple times during the match and goes well with Strike tiles generated by her teammates. Gamora is a whirlwind of destruction, using her Red “Razor’s Edge” with impunity and making enemies pay for allowing any Strike tiles to lay on the board.

blacktile.pngBlack: Bad Reputation
          allows her to create Strike tiles on the board with more generated when she has more tiles bearing her icon, much like how Wolverine (Patch)’s “Best There Is” works for dealing damage
        • Will Razor's edge be similar to CMagneto's old red abillity? ie low AP red hitter. If so, I think I found my dancing partner for Patch and Daken.
        • turul
          I dont think it will go lower than 5ap
        • Nellyson
          Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
          turul wrote:
          I agree...I think 5 is the lowest they want to go nowadays. I loved the 2 AP era tho! icon_spiderman.png stun at 2 was fantastic..... icon_magneto.png classic at 2 was incredible board shake ups. I miss 2 AP powers.
        • Dragon_Nexus
          Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
          Nellyson wrote:
          turul wrote:
          I agree...I think 5 is the lowest they want to go nowadays. I loved the 2 AP era tho! icon_spiderman.png stun at 2 was fantastic..... icon_magneto.png classic at 2 was incredible board shake ups. I miss 2 AP powers.

Ugh, I don't.
          Only now do I have my characters close to being able to utilise it, meanwhile every single turn was Magneto using that damn red ability. Every. Single. Turn. It was like chinese water torture.
        • Pwuz_
          Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
          A cheap pure damage ability could go as low as 1AP (especially if it adds in some downsides like turn ending.)

The problem with Spidey & C.Mags pre-Nerf was that those abilities could prevent the opposing team from making ANY moves at all. Pure damage wouldn't have that same problem.
        • hurcules
          hurcules Posts: 519
          turul wrote:
          dino purple
        • I cannot find Gamora article on Marvel site. The link above leads to Rocket & Groot.

edit: Info is there but no art with her.
        • himatako
          himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
          hurcules wrote:
          turul wrote:
          dino purple
          Since she's a 3 stars, perhaps her red power's cost will be reduced by the amount of friendly strike tiles in play like Psylocke's red, with the minimum of 3 or 4.
        • Phaserhawk
          Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
          On the Marvel Site

She is an out and out damage dealer. Running Green, Red, Black, Gamora brings three direct damage abilities to the table. Her Green cracks some skulls together, stunning two enemies then throwing the now limp bodies into the third, dealing damage to the whole enemy team. Her Red is a low AP single target damaging ability that is intended to be used multiple times during the match and goes well with Strike tiles generated by her teammates. Her third allows her to create Strike tiles on the board with more generated when she has more tiles bearing her icon, much like how Wolverine (Patch)’s “Best There Is” works for dealing damage. Gamora is a whirlwind of destruction, using her Red “Razor’s Edge” with impunity and making enemies pay for allowing any Strike tiles to lay on the board.

So essentially Psylocke 2.0 or what Psylocke should have been.
        • NorthernPolarity
          NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          Was adding another RBG character necessary? We already have 2 of this color combination, and seeing how all 3 characters have functionally similar roles (pun, torch, gamora), wouldn't more chracters with obscure color combinations (purple / anything / anything) be better? We don't even have a single purple / blue / green character, for instance.
        • turul
          Looks like she is not ment for Racooning, but rather the usual Daken for strike tiles.
        • Was adding another RBG character necessary? We already have 2 of this color combination, and seeing how all 3 characters have functionally similar roles (pun, torch, gamora), wouldn't more chracters with obscure color combinations (purple / anything / anything) be better? We don't even have a single purple / blue / green character, for instance.
          Also hulk is rbg. Wish it was another color combo but her powers seem decent
        • rkd80
          rkd80 Posts: 376
          I am surprised nothing is said of her regen/healing. In the comic universe she has fast healing abilities....perhaps it will be something like hulk where her downtime is shortened?
        • Pwuz_
          Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
          rkd80 wrote:
          I am surprised nothing is said of her regen/healing. In the comic universe she has fast healing abilities....perhaps it will be something like hulk where her downtime is shortened?

The laundry list of characters with some type of healing power in their power set is absurd in the Marvel Universe. That said, it's often only those characters who heal prominently that feature some type of active healing ability in game. All Wolverine does is heal...well that and the bone claw thing, but for the longest time it was commonly believed that those were purely a side-effect of the Weapon-X project. Same thing with Deadpool, very heavily featured healer. Spiderman & Hulk are known for their healing powers too, but not to the same absurd degree as Wolverine, Deadpool, and Groot.
        • Hulk11
          Hulk11 Posts: 435
          In case anyone doesn't know, it's the white and black suit version of her. She's holding a gun, and a sword on her back. Just saw it on a website.
        • turul
          It will be 2013 #2
          detail_1.jpg515f2785c28c0_1.jpg
        • Houtro
          Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
          Can't see some images on the link.

Is this the one!?

guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-gamora-and-rocket-raccoon-variant-cover.jpg
        • turul
          its one of the two I posted.
        • It would be cool if she was a blackflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png to combo 100% with rocket & groot.